[KSP 1.12.3] Astronomer's Visual Pack - Beyond (v4.13 - July 17th, 2022)

themaster401

Hi everyone,

I have been trying to install this amazing mod for the past few weeks, but I have been getting a strange color artefact that I am not able to get rid of. The artefact appears to be only present during the startup screen and is not carried into the game (which makes me think that it's likely TUFX-related).

The clouds around Kerbin appear to be rainbow-y and multicolored. The problem seems to only show up when clouds are present, if I load the game without the AVP textures, it's not visible anymore.

Here's a screenshot of the issue:

https://imgur.com/xCnP1FB

Does anyone know what might be causing this issue specifically? Any recommended fixes?

3 hours ago, trewok said:

Hi everyone,

I have been trying to install this amazing mod for the past few weeks, but I have been getting a strange color artefact that I am not able to get rid of. The artefact appears to be only present during the startup screen and is not carried into the game (which makes me think that it's likely TUFX-related).

The clouds around Kerbin appear to be rainbow-y and multicolored. The problem seems to only show up when clouds are present, if I load the game without the AVP textures, it's not visible anymore.

Here's a screenshot of the issue:

https://imgur.com/xCnP1FB

Does anyone know what might be causing this issue specifically? Any recommended fixes?

color grading in post-processing

fix: remove tufx or change its settings

Edited by Speadge

2 hours ago, Speadge said:

color grading in post-processing

fix: remove tufx or change its settings

I get the slightly pink clouds above Kerbin's equator on the startup screen and sometimes during game play. I do not have TUFX or KS3P installed.

29 minutes ago, DeadJohn said:

I get the slightly pink clouds above Kerbin's equator on the startup screen and sometimes during game play. I do not have TUFX or KS3P installed.

Most probably Scatterer related?

Edited by alberro+

3 hours ago, Weimaraner said:

Does this work without scatterer?

So I did a test without scatterer and the artifact disappeared. Screenshots:

https://imgur.com/GjMUNY2

https://imgur.com/xejrOjO

Found mentions of a similar issue in the thread from scatterer:

I did another test trying what one of the users recommends in that thread, changing the "integrateWithEVEClouds" parameter to False

that however produces a different kind of artifact, where the clouds around the twilight zone are rendered black:

https://imgur.com/Yoxketb

22 hours ago, trewok said:

The artefact appears to be only present during the startup screen and is not carried into the game (which makes me think that it's likely TUFX-related).

Why do you even care if this happens only in startup screen? Like that's not where the game is

1 hour ago, blackrack said:

Why do you even care if this happens only in startup screen? Like that's not where the game is

You're right, to have the best game experience I will just leave the default settings I started with, just wondering whether there is a fix that doesn't affect in-game performance

Hey, I have been trying to find anyone with that problem, but without luck. Is it normal that Ambient Light Boost: Map and Editor aren't working at all, and Ambient Light Boost doesn't change the brightness of celestial bodies? I play in really bright environment and entire dark side of celestial objects are pure black for me

Edited by menzac

20 minutes ago, menzac said:

Hey, I have been trying to find anyone with that problem, but without luck. Is it normal that Ambient Light Boost: Map and Editor aren't working at all? I play in really bright environment and entire dark side of celestial objects are pure black for me.

Those are for the map and when you are building. The first one (In the Settings above those two.) is the one that you are looking for. Unless the setting in scatter Disable Ambient Light is True. 

(This is in the cfg/config file settings. You cant find it ingame to my knowledge.) 

Edited by Arco123

22 hours ago, Arco123 said:

Those are for the map and when you are building. The first one (In the Settings above those two.) is the one that you are looking for. Unless the setting in scatter Disable Ambient Light is True. 

(This is in the cfg/config file settings. You cant find it ingame to my knowledge.) 

I have edited the message but it probably changed in the system too late. Anyway, this setting did what I wanted, so thanks!

I have installed the pack via CKAN for1.9 following the instructions and averything looks great (save for the pink clouds in Kerbal in the start screen, but I don't care). Clouds and atmospheres look great, but the thing is the planets look nothing like in the loading, especially Minmus and Duna. What could be the problem?

Hi there, running the pack on 1.8.1, just switched from EVE stock configs + SVT. Everything seems to be working fine, with one odd exception. Strangely, Vall seems to have broken terrain textures, and the whole moon appears black. I will upload a log if you need one but it was too big for pastebin so I'll have to find another way. Any idea what's causing this? Seems odd that only one atmosphere-less moon broke in the switchover. Corrupted file maybe?

EDIT: I'm silly. Vall was in Jool's shadow, and KS3P was doing it's job. :confused:

Edited by RyGuy_McFly

Hi,

i've downloaded MagPie Mods and my rockets are now nearly black.
Does someone have a workaround for this? I think its a problem with the shadows, because i can  see slightly difference of appearance, when the sun is moving.

thx for help 

EDIT: It's KS3P that darkens my rockets and ships. 

Edited by SaintStyle

FovtTqh.png

Update v4.04
You need to delete and reinstall the mod for this update!

• KS3P configs split for flight and editor
  • Skybox textures moved to new folder
  • Duna atmosphere bug fixed

Not all texture resolutions may be available initially as I have taken to uploading them one by one in the face of upload speed issues.

Apologies if this isn't the right way to say/report it, but I'm having some issues with Jool when installing it.

zejIpNY.png

All those 'rings' inside of it near the outside, along with a hazy but to me noticeable  'dot' thing near the center. I'm presuming I have something set incorrectly either in the default graphics options or something else, just asking here in case this is a known issue. Only happens with Jool, all the other planets work like a charm.

5 hours ago, themaster401 said:

FovtTqh.png

Update v4.04
You need to delete and reinstall the mod for this update!

• KS3P configs split for flight and editor
  • Skybox textures moved to new folder
  • Duna atmosphere bug fixed

Not all texture resolutions may be available initially as I have taken to uploading them one by one in the face of upload speed issues.

u might want to update the links for the download as well?

https://github.com/themaster402/AstronomersVisualPack/releases/tag/v1.11

https://github.com/themaster402/AstronomersVisualPack/releases/tag/v4.04

On 5/30/2020 at 8:06 AM, SaintStyle said:

Hi,

i've downloaded MagPie Mods and my rockets are now nearly black.
Does someone have a workaround for this? I think its a problem with the shadows, because i can  see slightly difference of appearance, when the sun is moving.

thx for help 

EDIT: It's KS3P that darkens my rockets and ships. 

Make sure render settings is above good and reflection is at low. 

3 hours ago, One eyed Smile said:

I'm getting some black spots flashing rapidly while i'm orbiting kerbin.  Im on latest AVP and this seems to happen when im looking at the planet at certain angles. 

I'm on 1.9.1 and this seems to happen even when i don't have other mods installed other than AVPs.

https://youtu.be/SBHsbcd7tZc  Any ideas?

I have same. it was in the previous version of addon. no ideas.
I suppose that problem is possible in EVE (it has not been updated for a long time). But this is my guess.

21 hours ago, Nicholander said:

All those 'rings' inside of it near the outside, along with a hazy but to me noticeable  'dot' thing near the center. I'm presuming I have something set incorrectly either in the default graphics options or something else, just asking here in case this is a known issue. Only happens with Jool, all the other planets work like a charm.

Have flying to Jool? look at him in his orbit. It should be all right.

For some reason the latest update doesn’t apply the skybox. I tried installing AVP on fresh new 1.9.1 but no more skyboxes. I also tried installing myself without using ckan, but didn’t work either. 

——After trying lot of tweaking(which didn’t work), i downloaded the older version of it in ckan(both textures and AVP mod), now the skyboxes are working fine again. Huh... rough day..

Edited by One eyed Smile

7 hours ago, One eyed Smile said:

For some reason the latest update doesn’t apply the skybox. I tried installing AVP on fresh new 1.9.1 but no more skyboxes. I also tried installing myself without using ckan, but didn’t work either. 

——After trying lot of tweaking(which didn’t work), i downloaded the older version of it in ckan(both textures and AVP mod), now the skyboxes are working fine again. Huh... rough day..

You have to go into this file: "GameData\AstronomersVisualPack\AVP_Skybox\Astronomers_Skybox.cfg" and on line 9 change "skybox" to "Skybox" with an uppercase S.