[KSP 1.12.3] Astronomer's Visual Pack - Beyond (v4.13 - July 17th, 2022)

themaster401

Hey Guys,

I'm a returning player to ksp and I just built a new rig.  what version of ksp should I use so I can have CKAN manage the install of the astronomer visual pack?  Also what other mods would you suggest?  Do you still need KAS to do easy base fuel transfers?  Is planetary scanning in vanilla yet (scansat)?  Any new mods you all suggest?  Thanks for any advice

1 hour ago, Wesser407 said:

The mod isn't counting as 1.8 even though I downloaded the new GitHub edition.

KSP.log: https://pastebin.com/hkK3vGGf

Screenshots:
https://gyazo.com/2d57a5a03ffe25131efe002d8442e0eb
https://gyazo.com/e83098dd55eb6a1c85faaa6bc8b67f83

You don't have Scatterer or Environmental Visual Enhancements installed...

On 5/20/2017 at 8:25 PM, themaster401 said:

Download the latest versions of the dependencies necessary for the mod to function. This includes:
EnvironmentalVisualEnhancements
Scatterer
ModuleManager
TextureReplacer

All the information you need is in the OP.

Follow the steps for the installation. 

Always reread the instructions before reporting a "bug" to make sure you aren't wasting your time or the mod authors time.

You can ignore the warning about it being incompatible. The dev just didn't update the version file :/

Edited by Galileo

• 2 weeks later...

In the previous version I would modify CityLights.dds and export the file with DXT3 Compression and Generated Minmaps and it would work just fine. In the latest version they no longer work. I've tried it without compression and without minmaps and it still fails. When you are saving/exporting DDS files, what compression are you using?

1 hour ago, CaptKordite said:

In the previous version I would modify CityLights.dds and export the file with DXT3 Compression and Generated Minmaps and it would work just fine. In the latest version they no longer work. I've tried it without compression and without minmaps and it still fails. When you are saving/exporting DDS files, what compression are you using?

DXT5 (if there is transparency) with mipmaps. If you are on 1.7.3, you have to force dx11. 

If you are on 1.8.x you just need to install it as normal.

Edited by Galileo

On 11/23/2019 at 8:52 AM, CaptKordite said:

Next to adjust Eve's clouds so they are opaque with occasional gaps instead of being more uniformly transparent.

Done. Eve now looks more the way I want. The clouds are thick and still have some texture to them. There are breaks in the clouds that are still a little too clear but, making them a little more cloudy also made the rest of the clouds less textured. Adjusted the high clouds to rotate at a different speed than the lower ones.
49127544827_789180e953_c_d.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

It's been a while since I last played KSP but coming back, I'm not sure if it is because of this mod or not, but I'm noticing red (sunlit?) clouds pass by at the middle of the night. I don't recall it being like this before. Of course it's not a big problem, Just curious if it can be fixed.

u8UL0am.png

mMCM51T.png

On 5/20/2017 at 8:25 PM, themaster401 said:

Acquire the latest release of "Astronomer's Visual Pack" from GitHub. Drop the "GameData" folder inside the archive into your KSP installation.

What do you mean by "Gamedata." Do you want me to go further in the mod and grab that folder and put in it gamedata or grab the folder above it and slap it in gamedata. I haven't seen a archive folder yet... Sorry, I'm a little confused.

Edited by Arco123

11 hours ago, Arco123 said:

What do you mean by "Gamedata." Do you want me to go further in the mod and grab that folder and put in it gamedata or grab the folder above it and slap it in gamedata. I haven't seen a archive folder yet... Sorry, I'm a little confused.

Like the quoted text says: Put the gamedata folder from the archive into your KSP folder. 

Or, like you said: Put the folder that is inside the gamedata folder in the archive in your gamedata folder. 
Basically: Don’t end up with ksp/gamedata/gamedata/modName. 

9 hours ago, Jognt said:

Like the quoted text says: Put the gamedata folder from the archive into your KSP folder. 

Or, like you said: Put the folder that is inside the gamedata folder in the archive in your gamedata folder. 
Basically: Don’t end up with ksp/gamedata/gamedata/modName. 

Thanks! I knew that. I just was confused by the wording. My stupid brain... 

Oh, just one more question if it's okay. Can I delete the Texture Replacer, Scatterer, and EVE along with CFG files for those? I already have all of the mods. Sorry for my low knowledge of modding. 

Or Are they sorta there to get the other mods to work with them?

1 hour ago, Arco123 said:

Oh, just one more question if it's okay. Can I delete the Texture Replacer, Scatterer, and EVE along with CFG files for those? I already have all of the mods. Sorry for my low knowledge of modding. 

Or Are they sorta there to get the other mods to work with them?

This mod comes with custom textures/cfgs for those mods that you want to delete. If you delete Scatterer and EVE textures/cfgs from this mod, what is the point of even downloading it? 

The only one I would delete would be Texture Replacer, especially if you have suits and a skybox you prefer over the one shipped with this mod.

15 minutes ago, Galileo said:

This mod comes with custom textures/cfgs for those mods that you want to delete. If you delete Scatterer and EVE textures/cfgs from this mod, what is the point of even downloading it? 

The only one I would delete would be Texture Replacer, especially if you have suits and a skybox you prefer over the one shipped with this mod.

Would I also do it for the cfg file below it?

Edit: I do have my own skybox and kerbals...

Edited by Arco123

9 hours ago, Arco123 said:

Also, since they have the same name do i allow them to merge?

Maybe CKAN is a good idea. ;) 

To answer the question: if you mean the gamedata folder in the archive -> merging is the same as what I described before. 

I love this mod but.

Is  there a way to make the atmosphere more transparent. I love everything about this mod but i hate not being able to see the ground, land, sea, coast lines. 

Can i mess with configs if so where and how? i just think kerbin's atmo is to soupy.

35 minutes ago, DEG said:

I love this mod but.

Is  there a way to make the atmosphere more transparent. I love everything about this mod but i hate not being able to see the ground, land, sea, coast lines. 

Can i mess with configs if so where and how? i just think kerbin's atmo is to soupy.

You can pull up the scatterer GUI in-game (Should be CTRL - SHIFT- ALT - F11) and you'd want to mess with ExperimentalAtmosphereScale.