[KSP 1.12.3] Astronomer's Visual Pack - Beyond (v4.13 - July 17th, 2022)

themaster401

Question,

I am installing via manual means, and it says in the install instructions "Download AVP" "Download a texture".. Looking in the github I don't see a link to download the textures of my chosen resolution, and I am not seeing one on this main post.... am I glossing over it somewhere??

42 minutes ago, SpaceSmith said:

Question,

I am installing via manual means, and it says in the install instructions "Download AVP" "Download a texture".. Looking in the github I don't see a link to download the textures of my chosen resolution, and I am not seeing one on this main post.... am I glossing over it somewhere??

Going to the releases section of the repository and scrolling down a bit will reveal the texture releases.

4 hours ago, Galileo said:

Yeah.. that would be a good thing to add. Scatterer doesn't play well with Module Manager and saves all the changes made by SVE, when they should be temporary at launch. So yeah, it definitely needs to be reinstalled after use with SVE :/ 

This!

First time I installed SVE + SVT and then moved on to AVP + KSPRC I got black textured sky and oceans all around Kerbin. Thought I messed up the stock install or something and removed all mods and reinstalled. Don't really know if it was scatterer but it would be a good idea to reinstall all dependencies for both mods.

Apologies if I can't get to every support query-- you guys are getting better at solving these yourself.

l88fvNT.png

Working on a new update. Laythe has all new original clouds, as well as an atmosphere closer to the one envisioned in KSPRC. Lots of optimizations (especially as requested/nagged by @Captain Sierra)

Codename: Godspeed.

Edited by themaster401

v3.6 is out!

No minor change changelog due to my physical inability to document every change between this update and the previous one.  

- Brand new original Laythe clouds

- Many, many, many optimizations and minor fixes + changes. I'm still in the process of figuring out why even launching from Kerbin causes immense lag. Any feedback is highly appreciated.

qi4qfBQ.png

2 hours ago, Lo Var Lachland said:

Quick question. Does this mod take more or less memory/FPS than SVE?

Probably the same, unless there are multiple volumetric cloud layers, which would cause heavier losses. SVE uses only 1 volume layer on all planets that use them to keep performance high. Scatterer is the same anywhere you go. SVE disables the water refractions, since they are not optimized for performance in scatterer yet and cause a huge loss in fps. Basically, unless you use something like Para-Sci visual pack, or another pack like it, most visual packs will pack the same punch roughly since they are all implemented by the same base dependencies.

Hey all. With the progressing return of SoundtrackEditor, as well as motivation from some users, I have two future ideas that branch off of AVP.

Firstly, an auditory enhancement package to fit in with the rest of AVP, utilizing SoundtrackEditor to play not only custom music, but ambient sounds that aren't present in the stock games that play at certain times (i.e. winds on Jool buffeting the spacecraft)

Secondly, an RSS/SSRSS-compatiblity set of configs. SSRSS will likely be done first due to the ease of integrating the configs already available to stock to the platform.

These will likely come in the next month, if I am able to find the time.

Edited by themaster401

3 hours ago, themaster401 said:

Hey all. With the progressing return of SoundtrackEditor, as well as motivation from some users, I have two future ideas that branch off of AVP.

Firstly, an auditory enhancement package to fit in with the rest of AVP, utilizing SoundtrackEditor to play not only custom music, but ambient sounds that aren't present in the stock games that play at certain times (i.e. winds on Jool buffeting the spacecraft)

Secondly, an RSS/SSRSS-compatiblity set of configs. SSRSS will likely be done first due to the ease of integrating the configs already available to stock to the platform.

These will likely come in the next month, if I am able to find the time.

Be careful there! Because SSRSS uses Sigma Dimensions, you will have to make a lot of adjustments to make it work. Otherwise, the stock bodies will be 1/11th their sizes :D message me and I can help with the process.

On 22/9/2017 at 5:35 PM, themaster401 said:

Tried some ReShade + AVP...

unknown.png

Awww man, this visual is stunning, may the kerbal lords bless you.....

(are you using custom reshade set or the standard one, would be nice if we 'll exange each other preset, in order to see wich setting work best)

Cheers!:wink:

Edited by Boomer

Currently working on the sounds and musics pack. We're at 200mb of music!

Of course, I've never exactly had much good taste in music, and am quickly running out of (uncopyrighted) ambient background themes! Community suggestions will be open to the development of this project. Go ahead and either PM me musics or sounds suggestions (including situation if you will) or quote this reply with a suggestion.

The plan is to release this untitled SoundtrackEditor pack within this thread as it is not important enough for its own thread, also since it is supposed to fit hand-in-hand with AVP's visual experience.

SSRSS/RSS config development will begin immediately after the release of the auditory enhancement pack, with the help of some EVE community experts :)

Edited by themaster401

On 27/9/2017 at 7:18 PM, themaster401 said:

Currently working on the sounds and musics pack. We're at 200mb of music!

Of course, I've never exactly had much good taste in music, and am quickly running out of (uncopyrighted) ambient background themes! Community suggestions will be open to the development of this project. Go ahead and either PM me musics or sounds suggestions (including situation if you will) or quote this reply with a suggestion.

The plan is to release this untitled SoundtrackEditor pack within this thread as it is not important enough for its own thread, also since it is supposed to fit hand-in-hand with AVP's visual experience.

SSRSS/RSS config development will begin immediately after the release of the auditory enhancement pack, with the help of some EVE community experts :)

It's great to see that this mod it's growing day after day, but since some of use have a slow connection, do you think is possible to make a non-music version of AVP?

2 hours ago, Boomer said:

It's great to see that this mod it's growing day after day, but since some of use have a slow connection, do you think is possible to make a non-music version of AVP?

:D  The sounds and music will be in their own separate .zip, they will not be packaged in the main visual pack.

Hey, I am having a huge problem with AVP, the textures aren't loading.

I would really appreciate it if someone could show me their install or tell me what it is that I am doing wrong. 

So I have installed E.V.E, KSPRC, TRR, DOE, Kopernicus, and Scatterer. It says that I have to download a texture resolution? But I cannot find one. Also, some of the mods are outdated only to 1.2.2. I had installed it later on before but the clouds weren't showing up on any of the planets, so then I re-installed it and nothing showed up. I would really like to get this working, thanks.