[KSP 1.12.3] Astronomer's Visual Pack - Beyond (v4.13 - July 17th, 2022)

themaster401

6 hours ago, techgamer16 said:

I have installed this, but I seem to get about 5 FPS with it installed. When it is uninstalled, it jumps back up to about 30-40 FPS. Really annoying and I dont know how to fix it.

CPU: i5 4460k @ 3.20 GHz

GPU: GTX 745 4GB DDR3

RAM: 8GB

That's because your GPU isn't good enough,and it seems that your RAM isn't big enough too.

Edited by Kerbin's Bill

On 10/3/2017 at 7:19 AM, CGiuffre164 said:

I have the same issue, how did you fix it? I have a manual install and I have been reading this thread vigorously and reading and re-reading the instructions over and over again and I'd like to get this to work, for it is a beautiful visual enhancement.

I feel like I am missing something but I don't know if I am, or if I am just too inexperienced to know what it is that I am doing wrong. I have a whole lot of part mods installed as well and I don't know if anything is conflicting with anything? But I doubt that.

Just to clarify for someone else, I cannot see the clouds for any planet, and the Aurora have disappeared within me looking at Duna for something of like 3 seconds. 

My install is completely manual, and no CKAN is used.

I am getting quite frustrated with this install, but I have endured the headaches and rants so far, thanks!

I think I gave up and used SVT instead. This was a while ago; I'm playing with GPP now. Sorry for the late reply.

2 minutes ago, Electrocutor said:

Is anyone else just getting a giant ball of white?

Old Kopernicus bug if I recall correctly. Is your Kopernicus up to date?

Also, if I recall correctly, this is purely a cosmetic problem on the launcher screen. Play an actual game and you shouldn't see this happen.

9 minutes ago, Starfire70 said:

Old Kopernicus bug if I recall correctly. Is your Kopernicus up to date?

Also, if I recall correctly, this is purely a cosmetic problem on the launcher screen. Play an actual game and you shouldn't see this happen.

I'm running 1.3.1-2. I got it to work, but have a ton of other graphical issues such as 2d clouds, black water, etc.

Edited by Electrocutor

First of all I'd like to say this mod is amazing, thank you so much for all the work to bring it back and make it stunning!

okay what did I do wrong?  Why is this my mun texture...?

Spoiler

Ac2XCAL.png

I jumped around and the other moon and planet textures appear correct.

Was a solution for this ever found? I'm experiencing the same issue.

Edited by trench8891

I'm having a serious issue with the EVE configs in this pack. I have no night city lights or glowing lights on eve and I can't edit clouds because EVE throws errors about invalid names. I'm also getting nullrefs related to UI, not sure if they are caused by Astronomer's Pack yet. Am I supposed to install EVE configs too, next to the Astronomer's configs?

Edited by m4ti140

1 hour ago, tomgle said:

Hi,

Is there a big difference between the 2k, 4k, and 8k textures? I'm wondering which ones to install.

My PC specs are:

i7-4790K

GTX970

16GB RAM

Thanks for any help

I think is OK! My specs 8350 FX 12 GB RAM and 7970 with about 70 mods using 8k textures whith good FPS.

1 hour ago, tomgle said:

Hi,

Is there a big difference between the 2k, 4k, and 8k textures? I'm wondering which ones to install.

My PC specs are:

i7-4790K

GTX970

16GB RAM

Thanks for any help

Your specs are fine to run the 8k for sure.

3 minutes ago, Leandro Basi said:

I think is OK! My specs 8350 FX 12 GB RAM and 7970 with about 70 mods using 8k textures whith good FPS.

Thanks a lot! I'll try 8k in that case.

1 minute ago, Galileo said:

Your specs are fine to run the 8k for sure.

OK, thanks!

I recently updated from KSP 1.2.2 to 1.3.1 on Windows 10, complete new KSP install, running latest AVP and 8k textures.

There's a disconnect between the cloud cover seen above 7500 meters and below.

I'll be re-entering and descending into what looks to be clear skies. However as soon as I descend below 7500, I'm surrounded by cloud cover. It's takes me out of the game. I don't recall this happening on KSP 1.2.2 so I'm not sure if this is a KSP 1.3.1 but or an AVP bug or both. Any ideas?

Edited by Starfire70

• 3 weeks later...

Well after three days and 10,683 module manager patches applied, I finally got all my mods playing nice together on 1.3.

All the gizmos and gadgets are nice and all, but TheMaster401 I have you to thank for the frosting on that cake. It wasn't until my first field mission, setting up a seismometer in the mountains, that I was able to truly appreciate just what this graphics mod brings to the game

Spoiler
EDIT: Okay so do imgur albums just not work here anymore? Posting direct link
https://imgur.com/gallery/RC8Ku

I only wish SVT wasn't incompatible, then I'd truly have everything, but that's just me complaining the cake has 99 sprinkles instead of 100.

Edited by Tanya Sapien

Good day to you all!

I noticed something which I haven't noticed before. When passing the 160km boundary around Kerbin there is a sharp shift in the color of the planet. Gradually as I'm rising from low Kerbin orbit the planet, or perhaps primarily its atmosphere (?), gets "grayer" until the 160km boundary is passed when the planet all of a sudden dramatically changes its look into the more vibrant blue I've come to associate with AVP. This look is then the one which the planet maintains until it just becomes a pale blue dot :D Going the other way, from above to below 160km, the same is true.

I've tried this on multiple clean installs (1.3.1) using ckan on some and doing it manually on others, all of them with the latest versions of both AVP and its dependencies. I've tried to add all the mods in one go or one at a time with a startup of the game in between without any luck.

Do any of you fine folk here recognize this? If so any help or tips would be appreciated since I can't stop myself from being triggered seeing it. It completely shatters the immersion :cool: