[KSP 1.12.3] Astronomer's Visual Pack - Beyond (v4.13 - July 17th, 2022)

themaster401

Hi all, I am just getting into modding with KSP and I decided to start with this mod. Looks great on the menu but I cannot get my craft off the ground before it crashes. The output log says I'm out of system memory. I have 8gb. Is there anything I can do short of buying more RAM? I'm using the 2k texture pack.

Edit: Nevermind, I just discovered it's possible to run a x64 version! All is fine now :) Loving the new effects

Edited by beedo83

On 11/12/2017 at 5:12 AM, Starfire70 said:

I recently updated from KSP 1.2.2 to 1.3.1 on Windows 10, complete new KSP install, running latest AVP and 8k textures.

There's a disconnect between the cloud cover seen above 7500 meters and below.

I'll be re-entering and descending into what looks to be clear skies. However as soon as I descend below 7500, I'm surrounded by cloud cover. It's takes me out of the game. I don't recall this happening on KSP 1.2.2 so I'm not sure if this is a KSP 1.3.1 but or an AVP bug or both. Any ideas?

I updated to 1.3.1 from 1.3.0.  I am running the latest AVP and 4k textures and noticed the same issue regarding the cloud cover.  Has anyone found a way to edit this so it's smoother transition?

On 1/31/2018 at 12:32 PM, William516 said:

I have looked all over for an answer and can not really find anything that deals with my particular problem.  I will try and explain it the best way possible.  When approaching a low orbit on the mun approx 17 or less I find that the mun has turned purple / blue and the textures will start to flash.  This only seems to happen  when getting close to it or going for a mun landing.  This problem does not show up when far away.  The mun looks normal and grey.  I also noticed that when approaching Kerbin I can see a distinct circle where the textures are drawn over the planet.  Picture a circle that grows larger and larger as you approach kerbin until it finally covers the planet.  I do not seem to have this problem with stock visual textures mod and have downloaded and removed your mod using the ckan program.

I love how it looks and made sure to download the 4k textures.  Thinking just maybe the 4k textures were a problem as my laptop does not do true 4k i went and uninstalled and installed 2k.  Still had the same problems.  I'm hoping that maybe there is a setting or something that will fix this as i do love the mod and it changes the whole way of playing the game,

any suggestions or help would be great thanks.

Bill 

I noticed this today landing on the Mun.  Is there a way to fix this as well?

Thanks in advance!

Ok, so I have a slight issue here after updating the mod via CKAN. Hopefully, somebody can tell me exactly what I have to do in order to fix it as I'm a complete n00b when it comes to modding.

Edit: I noticed that forgot to mention this: I'm on KSP V1.3.1, I'm not planning on updating this install due to existing saves that I don't want to break.

I had it all working a few weeks ago, now I updated today and noticed the clouds were gone.
So, I went and told CKAN to kill AVP and all dependencies, looked through the gamedata folder for any remnant files (there were none) and then installed:
- AVP
- 8k textures for AVP
- Sunflare component for scatterer - because it had me pick one and I don't have Galileo or Planet Overhaul, so that basic one seems the logical choice

Now when I want to install these CKAN adds some more things:
- scatterer - because that was now required
- scatterer - default configs (added automatically, I can't remove that - dependency from scatterer)
- EVE (as dependency from AVP)

I confirm that, it installs fine but when I launch the game it still don't get clouds - and by this point  I have no idea why that is.
I've seen in this thread that there might be problems with the City Lights mods but I don't have that - is there any way to track down what's wrong?

Edited by Kr0noZ
Added Information

8 hours ago, Kr0noZ said:

I had it all working a few weeks ago, now I updated today and noticed the clouds were gone.

I accidentally let EVE get updated to the 1.4x version and none of AVP's custom EVE configs worked. Most obviously, clouds were gone. I uninstalled EVE, made sure CKAN was filtering on compatible mods only, and reinstalled EVE 1.2.2.1 and everything is back to normal.

Edited by jupo

Ok, I checked and apparently that's exactly what happened to me; I cleared the cache, uninstalled all the visual mods, reset the filters, redownloaded everything and it's now working again.

Thanks for the hint!

Best Regards,
Kr0noZ

22 minutes ago, Wilhelm Kerman said:

Will this be updated to 1.4 soon?

Coinciding with the (unexpected) release of 1.4 was a major AVP update in progress. With most of the mods AVP is dependant on being incompatible with 1.4 at the moment, along with the potential syntax/code overhauls that could arrive with the respective 1.4 updates of these dependencies, AVP's next major update will be delayed to allow more time for polishing while simultaneously waiting for dependencies to update (especially scatterer.)

TL;DR, that's a Soon™

Edited by themaster401

On 11/03/2018 at 2:04 PM, themaster401 said:

Coinciding with the (unexpected) release of 1.4 was a major AVP update in progress. With most of the mods AVP is dependant on being incompatible with 1.4 at the moment, along with the potential syntax/code overhauls that could arrive with the respective 1.4 updates of these dependencies, AVP's next major update will be delayed to allow more time for polishing while simultaneously waiting for dependencies to update (especially scatterer.)

TL;DR, that's a Soon™

1.4.1 should be out so IDK if you should start work soon

Hello all,

I'm having an issue with AVP,.. I think?

What's happening is that everything installs fine... newest version of all the mods and dependencies... newest version of KSP and so on.

But when I load into my savegame everything looks fine, no problems, but when I switch to a currently orbiting craft all I get is total blackness. I can see the craft and the sun but can't see Kerbin at all even with a 200km orbit.
I've tried deleting all the skybox files as a workaround but still nothing. (Also did both on 8K and 4K textures but nothing changed).

Obviously, I know that AVP needs an update but everything seems pretty okay up until that bug. Am I just missing something here or...?

On 3/19/2018 at 12:25 PM, kaco32456 said:

Hello all,

I'm having an issue with AVP,.. I think?

What's happening is that everything installs fine... newest version of all the mods and dependencies... newest version of KSP and so on.

But when I load into my savegame everything looks fine, no problems, but when I switch to a currently orbiting craft all I get is total blackness. I can see the craft and the sun but can't see Kerbin at all even with a 200km orbit.
I've tried deleting all the skybox files as a workaround but still nothing. (Also did both on 8K and 4K textures but nothing changed).

Obviously, I know that AVP needs an update but everything seems pretty okay up until that bug. Am I just missing something here or...?

It's a scatterer bug.

Astronomer's Visual Pack
v3.7 "Warpspeed"
KSP 1.4.x

someone make me a logo pls these plain text titles are boring

Unfortunately, I will not be able to release the entirety of Warpspeed as it was planned due to time constraints allowing little time for me to test and fine tune features. I plan on rolling out the rest of the features in later minor Warpspeed updates.

• New soft and glowy aurorae variants!
  • Finer detail for Duna's duststorms
  • Performance issues on Kerbin fixed
  • Aurora fixes
  • General cloud tweaks
  • New loading screens

Click hereGitHub Download

TO BE DONE

• Laythe clouds revamp
    • Laythe hurricane?
  • Jool clouds alteration
  • Atmospheric scattering changes on Eve
  • Alterations to geysers
  • Sounds and musics pack (waiting for SoundtrackEditor to be reliable)
  • RSS compatibility (waiting for stable RSS/RO for 1.4)
  • 8k starry skybox
  • Reinitiate wormhole?
  • Improve aurora detail texture and noise

so I've been re-installing KSP 1.3.1 and all the mods I am using bit by bit to ensure minimum bugs and glitches but I noticed that when ever I install EVE and AVP together (EVE-1.2.2-1 and AVPv3.63) that the moons of all planets, they seem to look like the have an atmosphere, but instead of cloud based it's as if this "atmosphere" has the same texture of the surface of the moons in question.

I am not sure if this is a known problem with 1.3.1? if so, is it possible to let AVP only add visuals for the planets themselfs and not the moons they have?

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1sn_ethUMuQ4Z-2TTlC0xwsrDP4kJcJBL  <-the bug I mentioned. (Mod combination used EVE-1.2.2-1 and AVPv3.63)

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1Ard57g0iFPha-W3824P5OSEcVkD1rHBD  <-this is without AVP. (Mod combination used EVE-1.2.2-1 and EVE stock config)

EDIT: I should mention that in both cases Scatter and Scatter Default config are installed (both v0.0324), since I also use OPM by Galileo

Edited by Pointblank66

20 hours ago, Nate2k said:

FYI for some reason the new version of AVP is not showing on CKAN, only the new textures.

@Nate2k probably because TextureReplacerReplaced hasn't been updated yet. It's one of the dependencies of the mod and as long as it's not compatible with 1.4.[x] it won't show on ckan.

11 hours ago, Trenkiw said:

I don't have clouds, how can I fix it?

Ogs8Htd.jpg

@Trenkiw you are using Real Solar System. I'm not certain but I'm pretty sure Astronomers Visual Pack is for Stock only and not Real Solar System.

3 hours ago, Benti said:

@Nate2k probably because TextureReplacerReplaced hasn't been updated yet. It's one of the dependencies of the mod and as long as it's not compatible with 1.4.[x] it won't show on ckan.

@Trenkiw you are using Real Solar System. I'm not certain but I'm pretty sure Astronomers Visual Pack is for Stock only and not Real Solar System.

The guys in the TextureReplacerReplaced thread say that TR will work in 1.4.2 if you replace a shadow file in KSP.  I tested it and it works good to it should be possible to use AVP :-) Is Kopernikus enough or do we need Kopernikus extendet for the Proot Textures ?

Thanks

4 minutes ago, ManuxKerb said:

The guys in the TextureReplacerReplaced thread say that TR will work in 1.4.2 if you replace a shadow file in KSP.  I tested it and it works good to it should be possible to use AVP :-) Is Kopernikus enough or do we need Kopernikus extendet for the Proot Textures ?

Thanks

I haven't tried it with TRR and the shadow file, but if you try, please be so kind and share your results with us!
From the OP post on page #1: It says you only need Kopernikus, there is a link as well, so all you need is 2 clicks and a bit of scrolling :-)

Best regards

1 hour ago, Benti said:

I haven't tried it with TRR and the shadow file, but if you try, please be so kind and share your results with us!
From the OP post on page #1: It says you only need Kopernikus, there is a link as well, so all you need is 2 clicks and a bit of scrolling :-)

Best regards

Its working: 

https://imgur.com/a/KJRnG

But no clouds :-( Dont know why EVE is 1.4.2 rated.... 

Any Ideas ? 

I deinstalled SVE, SVE Clouds did work... 

Thanks

14 hours ago, ManuxKerb said:

Its working: 

https://imgur.com/a/KJRnG

But no clouds :-( Dont know why EVE is 1.4.2 rated.... 

Any Ideas ? 

I deinstalled SVE, SVE Clouds did work... 

Thanks

Hmm, I tried it as well, but couldn't get the clouds to work. Not entirely sure why it's not working.
Sorry buddy, :( let's hope someone comes along who has the knowledge.