[KSP 1.12.3] Astronomer's Visual Pack - Beyond (v4.13 - July 17th, 2022)

themaster401

Hi All,  I posted on the Scatterer forum but someone suggested I asked here.  I'm getting an odd misty effect on planets and not sure if it's by design or if there's an issue somewhere.  Kerbin definitely doesn't look the same as in the AVP trailer video.

Original post with screenshot is here - 

Any advice would be appreciated. Thanks.

On 6/6/2020 at 7:16 AM, One eyed Smile said:

For some reason the latest update doesn’t apply the skybox. I tried installing AVP on fresh new 1.9.1 but no more skyboxes. I also tried installing myself without using ckan, but didn’t work either. 

——After trying lot of tweaking(which didn’t work), i downloaded the older version of it in ckan(both textures and AVP mod), now the skyboxes are working fine again. Huh... rough day..

On 6/6/2020 at 3:01 PM, Henninggg said:

You have to go into this file: "GameData\AstronomersVisualPack\AVP_Skybox\Astronomers_Skybox.cfg" and on line 9 change "skybox" to "Skybox" with an uppercase S.

6 hours ago, BezKartuza said:
Thanks!

Reveal hidden contents

This is a mistake on my part, and I will be sure to reupload the configs with the fixed config. Apologies for the inconvenience.

9 hours ago, britt88 said:

FYI per the installation instructions, "Astronomer's Visual Pack" does not appear in the CKAN available mod list. Unless I'm missing something obvious.. Thanks!

You've given very little information to help, but assuming your setup of CKAN is default and on KSP 1.9.x, I think I understand why this is happening.

Given those assumptions, Astronomer's Visual Pack is being excluded because its dependent mod, EVE (for which AVP is one of many configurations), isn't currently marked as working on KSP 1.9.x and is configured in CKAN as such.

Mods for one major version of KSP often work on the next, but not always and sometimes with serious issues.  A quick check of the EVE topic shows that EVE isn't working on KSP 1.9.x.

From looking at the reddit thread linked there, the break is in how things look in certain ways under KSP 1.9.x.  However there may be other problems.

You can configure CKAN to allow mods for KSP 1.8.x and not 1.9.x to be selected under KSP 1.9.x, but it's then up to you to do so carefully and realising it just may not work at all.

Do not tell me the optimal settings TUXF? I just discovered a problem with darkness in places where there is no sunlight (although the light should be reflected by the surfaces of other objects)

This is with TUFX. Too unnatural darkness.

Spoiler

63f17dbd990dd2a0f10dcf6f072b415f.png

You just look at what a realistic picture I achieved using TUFX. But unfortunately I can’t remove the problem with darkness without hitting the picture.
How to fix it?;.;
f5269b59ceda4bc78997da83944646c0.png vs stock 5c5515aa9fe91a53a6705778bf021f65.png
;.;;.;;.;

Edited by OOM

Hi, I'm just wondering if anyone knows of a conflict between the default sunflare component in scatter and AVP.

I don't seem to be able to get sunflare to work when I have AVP - it just defaults to the stock sun.  When I install a different sunflare like the ones in Kabram's pack, they work...so not quite sure what's going on there.  i couldn't find a sunflare directory in the AVP files either that may have been causing something to conflict.When I have spectra installed in a different KSP install the sunflare component in scatterer works perfectly..

So I've narrowed down this issue I've noticed while putting together a group of mods. In the VAB, when AVP is installed I have these shadows that make it very annoying to build. The whole VAB room also seems darker

With AVP installed:

ULHSpTc.png

When I remove AVP (kept scatterer and EVE and installed default EVE config)

UllKhQF.png

I'd really like to use AVP, just without the super dark/shadowy VAB. Any solutions?

10 hours ago, Machine Maker said:

So I've narrowed down this issue I've noticed while putting together a group of mods. In the VAB, when AVP is installed I have these shadows that make it very annoying to build. The whole VAB room also seems darker

With AVP installed:

ULHSpTc.png

When I remove AVP (kept scatterer and EVE and installed default EVE config)

UllKhQF.png

I'd really like to use AVP, just without the super dark/shadowy VAB. Any solutions?

Ok, issue was with KS3P, you can use alt + 3 to disable it in the editor scene or turn up your ambient light settings

4 hours ago, ProRegnoGloria said:

Thank you for the mod and the love and effort you put into it, I'm truly amazed. I wanted to ask whether it would work if I added SVT to my Game Data folder. Would that create conflict? Is SVT only for use with SVE?

There should be no conflict between AVP and SVT. SVT won't work in 1.9 though since Kopernicus ain't updated

You've gotta keep in mind that Kerbin's atmosphere and clouds rise up much higher compared to the planet's diameter than they do on Earth. So it makes sense that the clouds are keeping an orange glow for a good while after the sun has already set on the surface.

Sorry I'm fairly uneducated when it comes to modding, but I'm encountering the same problem as One eyed Smile with the skybox not loading on the current version. I saw that the fix is to 

On 6/7/2020 at 8:26 AM, themaster401 said:

You have to go into this file: "GameData\AstronomersVisualPack\AVP_Skybox\Astronomers_Skybox.cfg" and on line 9 change "skybox" to "Skybox" with an uppercase S.

but when I go to that location, or seemingly any in the AVP folder, there are no .cfg files. How can I access these and edit the files? 

8 hours ago, Wafflotron said:

Sorry I'm fairly uneducated when it comes to modding, but I'm encountering the same problem as One eyed Smile with the skybox not loading on the current version. I saw that the fix is to 

but when I go to that location, or seemingly any in the AVP folder, there are no .cfg files. How can I access these and edit the files? 

Sounds like you've either installed only the AVP textures and forgot to install the main mod files or you don't have file extensions enabled in the explorer so you can't see ".cfg" at the end of the filename. Unless you have an old version of it or just messed up the installation or something.

Does anyone know if ad astra is working for 1.9.1? Since kopernicus continued for 1.9.1 i’d like to know

edit) i tried everything but it just wouldn’t work. Can anyone work on a fix for this? It’s sad seeing one of the most gorgeous mod for jnsq is not being utilized. 

Edited by One eyed Smile
I tried but...