[KSP 1.12.3] Astronomer's Visual Pack - Beyond (v4.13 - July 17th, 2022)

themaster401

6je8EKX.png

Update v4.1 (Beyond - Phase 2)

Changelog

• Massive performance improvements. The following measurements were recorded using AVP with 8k textures at 1080p on an i7-7700k @ 4.5GHz, GeForce GTX 1070 Founders Edition, and 32GB DDR4-2400 memory. All suggested mods are enabled. OPM is installed.
    • 30-40% decreased RAM usage in most situations.
    • 20-30 fps increase in most situations (note that a GPU bottleneck occurs here; stronger GPUs should be able to benefit even more.)
    • 20% decrease in uncompressed mod filesize.
  • Higher resolution textures.
    • Cumulus cloud particle has been upgraded from 256x to 1024x.
    • Cirrus cloud detail texture has been upgraded from 1024x to 4096x.
  • Removed snow.
    • This visual effect is not feasible with the current performance impact of EVE particles, though may be revisited if new developments arise here.
  • Disabled terrain shadows.
    • This visual effect is not feasible with the current performance impact of the feature, though may be revisited if new developments arise here.
  • Adjusted Kerbin's terminator.
  • Optimized Duna's atmosphere.
  • Optimized Laythe's atmosphere
  • Adjusted Sarnus's atmosphere.
  • Adjusted Neidon's atmosphere.
  • Adjusted Tekto's atmosphere.
  • Adjusted Tekto's lightning.
  • Adjusted Thatmo's atmosphere.
  • Adjusted Duna's auroras.
  • Increased city lights scaling.
  • Removed Vall glow.
  • Reduced scatterer ocean fourier grid size to 64.
  • Added caustics to and adjusted Tekto's oceans.
  • New loading screen logo.
  • New loading screens.
  • Removed old loading screens.

Thank you all for your patience. 

Edited by themaster401

5 hours ago, themaster401 said:

6je8EKX.png

Changelog

• Massive performance improvements. The following measurements were recorded using AVP with 8k textures at 1080p on an i7-7700k @ 4.5GHz, GeForce GTX 1070 Founders Edition, and 32GB DDR4-2400 memory. All suggested mods are enabled. OPM is installed.
    • 20-30 fps increase in most situations (note that a GPU bottleneck occurs here; stronger GPUs should be able to benefit even more.)
  • Removed snow.
    • This visual effect is not feasible with the current performance impact of EVE particles, though may be revisited if new developments arise here.
    • This visual effect is not feasible with the current performance impact of the feature, though may be revisited if new developments arise here.
  • Removed Vall glow.
  • New loading screens.

Thank you for this glorious update!

On 4/12/2021 at 1:58 PM, themaster401 said:

6je8EKX.png

Changelog

• Removed snow.
  • Removed Vall glow.
  • New loading screens.

holy cr*p

Hi All,

When I installed AVP it initially worked for a while but slowly various parts of the pack weren't being loaded until I didn't have any clouds or auras. I took a look at the configs and its trying to call files that aren't there anymore (see image). I don' think its related to CKAN, I removed and then manually installed to test that and I still got the same issue seen in the image.

K923iym.png

2 hours ago, Shecter said:

Hi All,

When I installed AVP it initially worked for a while but slowly various parts of the pack weren't being loaded until I didn't have any clouds or auras. I took a look at the configs and its trying to call files that aren't there anymore (see image). I don' think its related to CKAN, I removed and then manually installed to test that and I still got the same issue seen in the image.

K923iym.png

Looks like you got the latest textures, but not the latest config set.

7 hours ago, John007qwe said:

Does TUFX or KS3P have any performance impact on the cpu side? I have plenty of gpu to spare, but I don't wanna take any cpu hit, since that's my bottleneck currently. Also which one is the recommended one to use?

Both have negligible impact to the CPU. TUFX allows for the AVP profile to be easily swapped and tweaked in-game, but currently has an issue with ambient occlusion, creating the 'shadow banding' seen when zoomed close to a craft. KS3P does not have this issue, but you lose out on some ease-of-use and newer effects.

22 hours ago, themaster401 said:

Both have negligible impact to the CPU. TUFX allows for the AVP profile to be easily swapped and tweaked in-game, but currently has an issue with ambient occlusion, creating the 'shadow banding' seen when zoomed close to a craft. KS3P does not have this issue, but you lose out on some ease-of-use and newer effects.

Exactly. One thing to consider is that ks3p is kinda bugged. It likes to create a black haze? Or blob on the edges of craft.  I personally find ks3p's effects a lot stronger and better. 

Hi all, I'm having issues with the sunflare after installing the AVP through CKAN (Installed both scatterer and EVE redux as dependencies).

The game's default sun overlaps over the scatterer sunflare. Has anyone encountered this before and if so, any potential fixes? Thank you!!

nVgyOyx.png

EDIT: Fixed it by installing FlareReplacer:

Edited by Darknote
Found solution.

The colors are a bit bleak for my taste. Is their a way to make them more vibrant?
I have KS3P but for some reason changing the settings doesn't seem to do anything for me.

Edit: changed to TUFX and that works perfectly

Edited by Folkhoer

On 5/20/2017 at 8:25 PM, themaster401 said:

Up to 43k Kerbin clouds

I can't find these, can anyone link? Sorry if I'm being stupid, and it's obvious, but I've searched for like 20 minutes and can't find lol

On 5/5/2021 at 11:35 AM, wozza said:

For some reason my clouds are low res, any fix for this?EjKfE2N.png

Depending on your texture resolution, the clouds may look blurry from certain altitudes. Try out a higher texture resolution.

On 5/4/2021 at 4:14 PM, Vovical said:

I can't find these, can anyone link? Sorry if I'm being stupid, and it's obvious, but I've searched for like 20 minutes and can't find lol

It just occurred to me I forgot to reupload these with the latest update. Sorry about that, they'll be available later today.