[KSP 1.12.3] Astronomer's Visual Pack - Beyond (v4.13 - July 17th, 2022)

themaster401

30 minutes ago, Nickkerb said:

Any idea what's going on here?

Do you have a BoulderCo directory in your GameData folder? That's Eve's stock config and it will conflict with AVP.

Or remnants of another "cloud provider" mod for EVE could do the same thing if you've tried several different visual packs in this game instance. 

12 minutes ago, Caerfinon said:

Do you have a BoulderCo directory in your GameData folder? That's Eve's stock config and it will conflict with AVP.

Or remnants of another "cloud provider" mod for EVE could do the same thing if you've tried several different visual packs in this game instance. 

Thank you for the response! Hm, no BoulderCo directory in my GameData. Here's a screenshot of my folder. Not sure if anything in here would conflict. Does anyone know if GPP does? 

image.png

Edited by Nickkerb

19 hours ago, Caerfinon said:

It does if you have the GPP HiRes Clouds or GPP LowRes Clouds installed.  
Check to see if you have a  GameData\GPP\GPP_Clouds\ directory

After doing some testing and ruling out other conflicts, it's definitely a GPP/AVP issue. I deleted the Clouds directory but Kerbin still doesn't look right. If anyone has gotten AVP and GPP to work together perfectly, please let me know how you did it -- would love to get these both playing well together. 

Things look a bit iffy on my side, not sure why. Using the latest KSP, got the mod (and its dependencies) from CKAN.

Main issues are that Laythe's clouds appear on the dark side (it looks very off) and that the terminators don't have a colour gradient.

Spoiler

6b5d66089a.jpg

e0d550d145.jpg

My mods (as previously mentioned, installed through CKAN) are as follows: 

Spoiler

Action Groups Extended

Advanced Fly-By-Wire

AntennaSleep

AVP

AVP 8k textures

BetterBurnTime

ClickThroughBlocker

CommNet Relays

Community Category Pack

Community Tech Tree

Contract Configurator

Contract Pack: Field Research

Distant Object Enhancement Continued

Distant Object Enhancement Continued default configuration

Docking Port Alignment Indicator

Easy Vessel Switch

EVE Redux

Filter Extensions - PLugin

Firespitter Core

Hide Empty Tech Tree Nodes

Horizontal Landing Aid Redux

HyperEdit

Improved Tree Engine Placement

Interstellar Fuel Switch

Interstellar Fuel Switch Core

Kerbal Alarm Clock

Kerbal Attachment System

Kerbal Engineer Redux

Kerbal Flight Indicators

Kerbal Inventory System

Kerbal Joint Reinforcement Continued

Konstruction

Kopernicus Planetary System Modifier

KSP AVC

KSP IE

KSP Recall

KSP Wheel

Luna Multiplayer Client

ModularFlightIntegrator

Module Manager

Parallax

Parallax - Stock Planet Textures

Patch MAnager

Persistent Thrust

PersistentRotation Upgraded

Photon Sailor

PlanetShine

PlanetShine - Default configuration

RasterPropMonitor

RasterPropMonitor Core

Rational Resources

RCS Build Aid

Real Plume

Real Plume - Stock Configs

RealChute

SCANsat

scatterer

scatterer default config

scatterer sunflare

Science - Full Reward

SmokeScreen

SpaceTux Library

Stock Waterfall Effects

Tarsier Space Technology

TextureReplacer

Toolbar

Toolbar Controller

TweakScale

USI Core

USI Kolonisation

USI Tools

Waterfall Core

Zero MiniAVC

1 hour ago, Kill3rCat said:

Things look a bit iffy on my side, not sure why. Using the latest KSP, got the mod (and its dependencies) from CKAN.

Main issues are that Laythe's clouds appear on the dark side (it looks very off) and that the terminators don't have a colour gradient.

Not sure about the terminator gradient, but IIRC the glowing clouds for Laythe has been an AVP feature since day one. "Bioluminescence" of some sorts.

19 hours ago, Kill3rCat said:

Hide contents

6b5d66089a.jpg

e0d550d145.jpg

Reveal hidden contents

Action Groups Extended

Advanced Fly-By-Wire

AntennaSleep

AVP

AVP 8k textures

BetterBurnTime

ClickThroughBlocker

CommNet Relays

Community Category Pack

Community Tech Tree

Contract Configurator

Contract Pack: Field Research

Distant Object Enhancement Continued

Distant Object Enhancement Continued default configuration

Docking Port Alignment Indicator

Easy Vessel Switch

EVE Redux

Filter Extensions - PLugin

Firespitter Core

Hide Empty Tech Tree Nodes

Horizontal Landing Aid Redux

HyperEdit

Improved Tree Engine Placement

Interstellar Fuel Switch

Interstellar Fuel Switch Core

Kerbal Alarm Clock

Kerbal Attachment System

Kerbal Engineer Redux

Kerbal Flight Indicators

Kerbal Inventory System

Kerbal Joint Reinforcement Continued

Konstruction

Kopernicus Planetary System Modifier

KSP AVC

KSP IE

KSP Recall

KSP Wheel

Luna Multiplayer Client

ModularFlightIntegrator

Module Manager

Parallax

Parallax - Stock Planet Textures

Patch MAnager

Persistent Thrust

PersistentRotation Upgraded

Photon Sailor

PlanetShine

PlanetShine - Default configuration

RasterPropMonitor

RasterPropMonitor Core

Rational Resources

RCS Build Aid

Real Plume

Real Plume - Stock Configs

RealChute

SCANsat

scatterer

scatterer default config

scatterer sunflare

Science - Full Reward

SmokeScreen

SpaceTux Library

Stock Waterfall Effects

Tarsier Space Technology

TextureReplacer

Toolbar

Toolbar Controller

TweakScale

USI Core

USI Kolonisation

USI Tools

Waterfall Core

Zero MiniAVC

I have the same issue but for Kerbin, one time the clouds were very black it looks very strange (using newest version from AVP 4.11).

I also will post a picture if it happens again.

By the way talking about bugs is it normal to have a line somewhere on the globe where the clouds end and meet again? like some seam (sorry if being unclear, ill show pictures if i see it again)

thanks for the awesome mod looks very crisp!

7 hours ago, SirGreyliege said:

Is there a way to tone down the haziness of Kerbin? I'd like to set it a bit clearer so I can make accurate landings for science, but I can hardly see the surface by default.

Which menu would I be tweaking? AVP? Scatterer? EVE?

Probably scatterer it's for the atmosphere, my guess

22 hours ago, Kerdel said:

Well I also just saw it again, this time I have a screenshot haha

Oke I thought i was the only one with the issue 

https://imgur.com/a/sNVGW4v

On 5/30/2021 at 12:57 AM, Kill3rCat said:

I have no seam.

Edit: Yes I do, especially on the aurorae

Reveal hidden contents

4eb4683ae4.jpg

88e5c2a576.jpg

This is an inevitable anomaly when the square detail textures are tessellated over a spherical body. It's unfortunately much more prominent with the auroras as their detail texture is scaled much larger than that of any cloud layer.

Hey! Today, i installed last version of AVP, the one that was uploaded on 21st of May. After that, i have a few bugs:
The grid fins on one of my rockets starts to looks transparent when i move the camera  a few meters away. It's not a Tundra's exploration problem, because, in this other ship, as you can see, if i go a little bit further the ship starts to look very very strange. even the antenna almost dissapear. I'm sorry for the bad explanation but looks too weird, hope you can help me!screenshot223.png?width=994&height=559screenshot220.png?width=994&height=559

Hello. I just installed this mod along with most of the suggested mods. 

I noticed lightning was a feature, so I wasn't 100% sure if I was seeing a feature or a glitch. 

When i am looking at Jool and Laythe in the tracking station I see little flashes that I am guessing is the lightning? Is it meant to be really faint and quick blips on the planets?

Edit: checking out a YouTube video and I think it is just the lightning. 

Really awesome job. Have lots of exploring to do to see everything. 

Edited by Emperoreddy

On 5/21/2017 at 2:25 AM, themaster401 said:

It is highly recommended you also download TUFX to enable AVP's color-grading and post-processing configurations. Once you have installed TUFX, click on the toolbar button while ingame and select the Astronomer's Visual Pack profile.

I don't have an AVP icon on the toolbar. I restarted the game several times.

2 hours ago, Krzeszny said:

I don't have an AVP icon on the toolbar. I restarted the game several times.

There isn't an AVP button, you'll find the AVP profile in the TUFX mod's button. You'll need to install TUFX separately. 

Hey guys, so I recently reinstalled KSP on my new computer and I'm in the painstaking process of reinstalling my mods (wasn't able to back up my game, so I'm starting from Steam's save backup and manually reinstalling with CKAN). I'm running KSP 1.8.1 and using all the proper versions of the mods that CKAN suggests, exactly as I was before. The biggest issue I'm having out of the gate is that none of my clouds seem to be working, and at roughly 600m away from the camera, textures become oddly shaded and wavy. I've tried reinstalling AVP, EVE and Scatterer fresh several times and nothing. I will note that I'm still using KS3P, since I'm not using the newest version. I'm not really sure what to try for the next steps.

Here's my KSP log: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1nJhl3X6JfWMldjbhnK41_eF0zWXBQDdA/view?usp=sharing

EDIT: Reinstalling everything from Github instead of CKAN fixed the broken ground textures, but I still have no clouds or atmospheric effects around most planets (no Moho ablation, Kopernicus rings, etc.)

Screenshot and modlist:

Spoiler

cOINV2K.pngkQsN7x9.pngMUknNBv.png

wBtJzGX.png

Please, I'm literally begging for help at this point. It took me almost 5 years to get my KSP set up to a point where I had all the mods I wanted and everything worked, and then my hard drive crashed and I lost everything. All I was able to recover was my save file. I've been ripping my hair out and losing sleep over this for weeks now. I don't want to spam or cross-post this or anything, but I'm at my wits end and just really want to talk to someone who might have a clue what to do...

FINAL EDIT: Fixed! Realized that CKAN was downloading the newest edition of the texture pack, but not a compatible version of AVP. Manually installed AVP 4.1 instead and everything seems to be running smoothly.

Edited by RyGuy_McFly

• 2 weeks later...

Any way too install this, but only the parts that affect OPM? i have other options for the stock planets, but OPM might not have proper configs for scatter and EVE, and id like if i could use this mod too add them, but not entirely sure how too have only the parts that affect OPM and not stock.

Just a quick question for anybody that can answer. I am returning to the game again after not having played regularly for quite a few years now. I have looked for the answer to this and have read a lot of conflicting suggestions. I want to either use the 4k or 8k textures but I was curious as to how big of a performance hit the 8k textures cause and what the exact recommended PC specs would be to use them? Currently am using the same machine that I use for editing work to game on. An i9-7920x with 128gb RAM and a 1080ti... Though the GPU will be swapped out with a 3080ti that arrived today. If I remember correctly, KSP performance is more tied to CPU than to GPU? I could be wrong... It has been quite some time since I last played, so plenty I do not remember.

On 6/16/2021 at 6:30 PM, Hudsonkm said:

Just a quick question for anybody that can answer. I am returning to the game again after not having played regularly for quite a few years now. I have looked for the answer to this and have read a lot of conflicting suggestions. I want to either use the 4k or 8k textures but I was curious as to how big of a performance hit the 8k textures cause and what the exact recommended PC specs would be to use them? Currently am using the same machine that I use for editing work to game on. An i9-7920x with 128gb RAM and a 1080ti... Though the GPU will be swapped out with a 3080ti that arrived today. If I remember correctly, KSP performance is more tied to CPU than to GPU? I could be wrong... It has been quite some time since I last played, so plenty I do not remember.

Texture size doesn't have any impact on performance unless it exceeds your cards VRAM capacity. Seeing as the 1080 ti has a hefty 11 GB this isn't a concern for that card. The 3080 ti has 12 GB so equally not a concern. KSP's performance is highly CPU dependent when talking about large and complex craft, however AVP and it's dependencies primarily affect the GPU.