[KSP 1.12.3] Astronomer's Visual Pack - Beyond (v4.13 - July 17th, 2022)

themaster401

1 hour ago, Probird_23 said:

Nice

Does 2.5 scale mess up the locaion of the ksc and the various easter eggs?

I don't think so. Most mods and the game contracts know where it is, but I have noticed some weirdness with a mod here and there that seem to have those locations hard-coded to a location on stock kerbin. However, I found there was usually a config file you could tweak if you couldn't live without it. 

24 minutes ago, Zelda said:

I don't think so. Most mods and the game contracts know where it is, but I have noticed some weirdness with a mod here and there that seem to have those locations hard-coded to a location on stock kerbin. However, I found there was usually a config file you could tweak if you couldn't live without it. 

do you have any examples?

6 hours ago, Probird_23 said:

do you have any examples?

A good example would be Contract Configurator or ScanSat, which scale with your rescale patch fine. The waypoints I've been asked to visit all seem to be in the right places, so I think it's mostly fine.

An example of a mod that had hardcoded lat/long values was one I can't recall the name of but it provided ILS for the runways at KSC. Because the runway is in a slightly different location, the ILS guides you down on to the grass next to it. That said, the config file is setup explicity to be able to change those values, so that isn't a big deal.

I will say I do remember seeing a floating monolith on Kerbin once, but that just sort of fits the universe, ya know?

Hi Guys,

I was just wondering. First time modder here, and played some Kerbal on and off sometimes. A question of mine would be if its normal that i have to switch on the AVP profile in TUFX every time i start a game? I saw videos where it was installed (manually or CKAN), and it worked at startup. I've downloaded the 2k texture pack to it. Installed everything over CKAN. KSP is Version 12.3. Still it starts with stock graphics (at least i think EVE is active automatically) but i have to load the AVP filter separately every time

Screenshot shows a new game started(or training or anything) as default KSC:

https://imgur.com/Y1dYofo

• 3 weeks later...

dumb question for the third time today! woot!

how do i get rid of the extremely stary space....

i keep seeing alot of completely dark space screen shots but on my end it looks like i'm looking through a kaleidoscope with how many stars are being shown in the main menu and the Tracking station.

p.s. i'm new to the visual overhaul side of things so i probably screwed something up.

ciea4fV.pngciea4fV.pnghttps://imgur.com/a/awXdpZO

Edited by AntiMatter001

15 minutes ago, AntiMatter001 said:

dumb question for the third time today! woot!

how do i get rid of the extremely stary space....

i keep seeing alot of completely dark space screen shots but on my end it looks like i'm looking through a kaleidoscope with how many stars are being shown in the main menu and the Tracking station.

p.s. i'm new to the visual overhaul side of things so i probably screwed something up.

ciea4fV.pngciea4fV.pnghttps://imgur.com/a/awXdpZO

Me again also :P. Answering your question, you are "missing" this mod

Also, no dumb questions, if you don't know something the forums are the place to ask

On 8/31/2022 at 7:52 PM, Relonsk said:

How do i fix low fps in Kerbin surface and orbit?

AVP is heavy on the GPU side of things, bear that in mind, try using lower res textures or tweaking scatterer's config. If not, check other visual mods, Spectra or SciFi-VE are lighter than AVP

4 minutes ago, Forked Camphor said:

Also, no dumb questions, if you don't know something the forums are the place to ask

i have that. i was infact missing TUFX so i installed it and am now rebooting the game to see if it fixes it.

unless i've accidentally downloaded the incorrect version of the mod? i have lisasT version. 2.1.1.9.

2 minutes ago, AntiMatter001 said:

i have that. i was infact missing TUFX so i installed it and am now rebooting the game to see if it fixes it.

unless i've accidentally downloaded the incorrect version of the mod? i have lisasT version. 2.1.1.9.

Did you set/activate the "sky dimming" option? I don't remember if it's on by default

1 minute ago, Forked Camphor said:

Did you set/activate the "sky dimming" option? I don't remember if it's on by default

it's on by default and i set it up to be 25% but still nothing....

i have the default config loaded so i could try reinstalling that and selecting options.

(am using CKAN cuz i used to do all this stuff manually but ffffflove that)

3 minutes ago, AntiMatter001 said:

it's on by default and i set it up to be 25% but still nothing....

i have the default config loaded so i could try reinstalling that and selecting options.

(am using CKAN cuz i used to do all this stuff manually but ffffflove that)

Mmmm...The last version of that mod that I've used wasn't under Lisias management, so could be something in that version, better ask in that thread

okay did a fresh install of AVP and all it's dependencies from CKAN and the same issue arises dunno what's over-writing the skybox but it's definitely AVP

EDIT: i uhhh... i'm so sorry...

TUFX had no profile loaded... so i loaded the default AVP and it made the skybox darker... but not fully dark like ive seen in screenies. gonna mess around with TUFX

sorry for the stupidity

EDIT 2: is there a way to restore the old skybox? probably just need to delete the skybox folder in AVP

EDIT 3: okay after messing around with multiple settings and such yeah the only thing i dislike about AVP is the skybox... gonna try remove it. just wih there was a simple button to do so :P

EDIT4: yep removed the skybox and now am a happy kerbol. so what was going on was for some reason the skybox is super bright in the tracking station compared to flight mode/space travel. i don't understand why this happens but i fixed it. also removing the AVP/skybox folder restores the older less star striden skybox.
(p.s. can i download different skyboxes? and where?)

Edited by AntiMatter001

2 hours ago, Forked Camphor said:

AVP is heavy on the GPU side of things, bear that in mind, try using lower res textures or tweaking scatterer's config. If not, check other visual mods, Spectra or SciFi-VE are lighter than AVP

Fixed it by tweaking reflexions settings

On 9/2/2022 at 9:30 PM, AntiMatter001 said:

okay did a fresh install of AVP and all it's dependencies from CKAN and the same issue arises dunno what's over-writing the skybox but it's definitely AVP

EDIT: i uhhh... i'm so sorry...

TUFX had no profile loaded... so i loaded the default AVP and it made the skybox darker... but not fully dark like ive seen in screenies. gonna mess around with TUFX

sorry for the stupidity

EDIT 2: is there a way to restore the old skybox? probably just need to delete the skybox folder in AVP

EDIT 3: okay after messing around with multiple settings and such yeah the only thing i dislike about AVP is the skybox... gonna try remove it. just wih there was a simple button to do so :P

EDIT4: yep removed the skybox and now am a happy kerbol. so what was going on was for some reason the skybox is super bright in the tracking station compared to flight mode/space travel. i don't understand why this happens but i fixed it. also removing the AVP/skybox folder restores the older less star striden skybox.
(p.s. can i download different skyboxes? and where?)

Might I recommend downloading one of @Poodmund sky boxes. These overwrite the rather extreme on that comes with AVP. Calm Nebula in particular is nice, that's what I'm using. :D

• 2 weeks later...

https://imgur.com/x8TSsGo

So it seems there's no longer citylights on the dark side of the kerbin? It's too dark to see anything anymore.

https://imgur.com/aGfoWwX

This is with 100% ambient light boost.

https://imgur.com/NhlQFZ1

You c an see it has no citylights, and its super dark. 

I tried removing the citylights.cfg from the AVPs gamedata but it doesn't work. Cna someone help?

23 minutes ago, One eyed Smile said:

https://imgur.com/x8TSsGo

So it seems there's no longer citylights on the dark side of the kerbin? It's too dark to see anything anymore.

https://imgur.com/aGfoWwX

This is with 100% ambient light boost.

https://imgur.com/NhlQFZ1

You c an see it has no citylights, and its super dark. 

I tried removing the citylights.cfg from the AVPs gamedata but it doesn't work. Cna someone help?

And if you change the TUFX profile is still the same? AVPs profile is notoriusly dark, at least for my taste