[KSP 1.12.3] Astronomer's Visual Pack - Beyond (v4.13 - July 17th, 2022)

themaster401

3 hours ago, One eyed Smile said:

https://imgur.com/x8TSsGo

So it seems there's no longer citylights on the dark side of the kerbin? It's too dark to see anything anymore.

https://imgur.com/aGfoWwX

This is with 100% ambient light boost.

https://imgur.com/NhlQFZ1

You c an see it has no citylights, and its super dark. 

I tried removing the citylights.cfg from the AVPs gamedata but it doesn't work. Cna someone help?

If you're using Parallax, I've forced citylights to disable when that mod is detected in order to avoid clipping issues on the surface. It looks like the latest update for Parallax fixes that, though. The Parallax fix will be removed next AVP update, but for now, you can open CityLights.cfg in the AstronomersVisualPack/AVP_Configs/Stock/ folder, remove the ":NEEDS[!Parallax]" on the first line, and save the file.

Excuse me, but could anyone help me with following issue: Whenever I play any KSP save with this mod, Kerbin's surface initially appears in normal color, but over time Kerbin's colors become unrealistically bright (It is to be noted that this color bug only occurs when Kerbin is viewed from either space or the tracking station, the surface color itself is normal when landed or inside the atmosphere). Any help would be greatly appreciated.

screenshot1.png

Spoiler

Screenshot-1.png

Screenshot-3.png

My GameData folder (for an overview of the mods I use, just in case some other mod may contribute to this bug)

On 5/20/2017 at 7:25 PM, themaster401 said:

as well as the bodies in the Outer Planets Mod [Link Snipped]

um help, im on mac, so that might help. So i do not have the OPM eve and scatterer stuff. Also going off-topic, will you add back KS3P compatability?

Anyone who thinks their dark side of the planet is too dark to see anything, I found a solution to it.

In 'gamedata/scatterer/config/config.cfg'  there's a line with "disableAmbientLight = True", changing it to False lets you see better of the planet's dark side much better.

And then, in the game you click on planetshine setting, change vacuum ambient light to something close to 0.45 and change stock ambient light boost setting to 30%or more, then you see much better.

Even better is enabling citylights in AVP config mentiond by themaster401 above.

nZM464R.jpg

Before

1fFM7MG.jpg

After

lSQnRUl.jpg

this screenshot is taken with TUFX profile to 'default-empty' as it makes it bararly visible, tho better than before.

I also noticed some graphical glitches playing such as weird line on kerbins cloud.

TqjbWCj.jpg

If you look closely to the right of the craft you can see a line. Is this fixable? I'm using 43k texture.

64mYIuG.jpg

And the shadows sometimes look like stars(i don't know how to describe this, as if the star is changing itself and flickering) on kerbin and on oceans.

Hi guys, can anybody help me with those 2 problems: my skybox seems to stutter and when I zoom in/out or moving quickly some stuff becomes really blurred. I think it is because of AVP but I am not sure.
Example video (you see the skybox problem briefly at the start):

My logs:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/1ipbqy03orw0t6y/KSP.log?dl=0

https://www.dropbox.com/s/789xr8et4hdl8ik/Player.log?dl=0

3 hours ago, Folkhoer said:

Hi guys, can anybody help me with those 2 problems: my skybox seems to stutter and when I zoom in/out or moving quickly some stuff becomes really blurred. I think it is because of AVP but I am not sure.
Example video (you see the skybox problem briefly at the start):

My logs:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/1ipbqy03orw0t6y/KSP.log?dl=0

https://www.dropbox.com/s/789xr8et4hdl8ik/Player.log?dl=0

Seems what happens with Temporal Anti-Aliasing (TAA) at low frame rates. Disabling that shoud fix it (In scatterer config and/or TUFX)

This is following up to something I posted here a while ago: The black outline around Tekto still hasn't gone, and it only appears when I have AVP installed for OPM. Nobody responded to it so I'm posting it again but I would really appreciate some help making it go away lol182044084-3b5b6d00-0f02-4263-aa49-78f33b

The night sky on the Mun seems to be black. I checked, the issue is not scaled space ambient light. There seems to be some sort of a black sphere enveloping the Mun. Same thing happens with Minmus (and with other bodies I presume)

I tinkered around in EVE settings. Removing the glow effect seems to solve the issue

photo_2022-10-13_22-13-30.jpg?width=1202

photo_2022-10-13_22-13-52.jpg?width=1202

No black Sphere here

photo_2022-10-13_22-13-53.jpg?width=1202

the black sphere appears after I turn my camera a little bit

photo_2022-10-13_22-16-24.jpg?width=1202

even appears over the IVA view

On 10/12/2022 at 4:35 PM, CapWindow2 said:

This is following up to something I posted here a while ago: The black outline around Tekto still hasn't gone, and it only appears when I have AVP installed for OPM. Nobody responded to it so I'm posting it again but I would really appreciate some help making it go away lol182044084-3b5b6d00-0f02-4263-aa49-78f33b

please i really want this gone it's super annoying

If you want to get rid of this very persistent blur, bloom and chromatic aberration, just delete TUFX mod alltogether. I was able to disable chromatic aberration by simply changing the value to 0 in config file which fixed the issue but couldn't however get rid of the post process blur that applies to everything for some reason - crafts, kerbals, everything. If you feel like nothing is sharp enough (on 1440p screen especially), just get rid of this mod.

34 minutes ago, Ramzes89 said:

If you want to get rid of this very persistent blur, bloom and chromatic aberration, just delete TUFX mod alltogether. I was able to disable chromatic aberration by simply changing the value to 0 in config file which fixed the issue but couldn't however get rid of the post process blur that applies to everything for some reason - crafts, kerbals, everything. If you feel like nothing is sharp enough (on 1440p screen especially), just get rid of this mod.

The blur is caused by Scatterer's TAA, disabling it should fix it

Hello - first, apologies if this is in the wrong place - but Kerbin looks like this in my game:

screenshot186.png?w=2048

I use Astronomers/EVE, and Scatterer.  Is there a setting I'm missing to improve how this looks?  The coastline is very "blocky" and I'm thinking there's a conflict somewhere, I'm just not much of a mod wizard :P   If anyone could help I'd appreciate it, thank you :)

Edited by Saybur Stuff

On 10/20/2022 at 7:15 PM, Saybur Stuff said:

Hello - first, apologies if this is in the wrong place - but Kerbin looks like this in my game:

screenshot186.png?w=2048

I use Astronomers/EVE, and Scatterer.  Is there a setting I'm missing to improve how this looks?  The coastline is very "blocky" and I'm thinking there's a conflict somewhere, I'm just not much of a mod wizard :P   If anyone could help I'd appreciate it, thank you :)

This might be the same thing caused by a bug between Kopernicus and Scatterer causing it to unload custom textures.  The scatterer dev posted a modified .dll here: https://github.com/LGhassen/Scatterer/issues/183 that seems to have fixed the issue for me.  You just drop it in the scatterer folder to replace the regular .dll

Hello, I'd like to report a pretty major visual bug with this mod.

For Moho, its "dust cloud" that is added in AVP leads to a lot of interesting lighting bugs and weird glitches, and I'm wondering if it can be either revamped or removed. It makes nighttime on Moho even worse than it normally is in stock, and it makes cinematic videos of Moho look terrible because there is a weird boundary where the dust cloud begins and ends.

image.png

image.png

image.png

(it's fine in map view, I just wanted to show what it looks like from the outside)image.png

Edited by Clayel

• 1 month later...

Why does the description boast about "7 cloud layers for Jool at up to 8k," But when approaching Jool to get a look at these layers, they all bug out and disappear?

I would love to post an image of these, But I literally can't.

• 2 weeks later...
6 hours ago, Kraken Attack said:

Do I need to enable something to get volumetric clouds  or does it come loaded already?

If by chance your're referring to the new volumetric clouds by BlackRack then AVP will not have them until it is updated to do so.

Edited by Motokid600