Jump to content

[KSP 1.12.3] Astronomer's Visual Pack - Beyond (v4.13 - July 17th, 2022)


themaster401
 Share

Recommended Posts

On 12/30/2018 at 11:20 AM, Ketsa said:

On what version of KSP is this working ?

I see 1.6 in the title then in dependencies are mods I know are not working with 1.6....

I second this... additionally, once Kopernicus is updated to 1.6, are any other dependencies incompatible with 1.6 as of now?

Edited by EliteMaster512
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Installed this yesterday on a 1.6 build with its dependencies and as near as I could tell, it was working. It certainly didnt mess up my save and I didnt see anything unusual going on. I didnt see any rings around Jool though but I havent actually flown out there either. So.......for what it is worth. Im not positive Scatterer is working perfectly but it is working to some degree and things are pretty again. I did launch and complete a couple of sat contracts while checking it out. YMMV!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

There is no way I may run this mod on my fruit-flavored nVidia smashed au gratin potato (ie, iMac). I just got Sci-Fi VE working with 1.6's very good bug fixes and I'm happy with some basics.

But DANG! The video demonstrating the awesomeness of this mod should be nominated for Best Animated Short for the Oscars. Using that wonderful score from a wonderful space film (and right at Duna, too). Man. If you have a really strong box to try this, I envy and congratulate you.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

14 minutes ago, OrbitsR4Sissies said:

There is no way I may run this mod on my fruit-flavored nVidia smashed au gratin potato (ie, iMac). I just got Sci-Fi VE working with 1.6's very good bug fixes and I'm happy with some basics.

But DANG! The video demonstrating the awesomeness of this mod should be nominated for Best Animated Short for the Oscars. Using that wonderful score from a wonderful space film (and right at Duna, too). Man. If you have a really strong box to try this, I envy and congratulate you.

It is just as good in-game as it is in the pictures.

screenshot1853.png

screenshot1854.png

Link to comment
Share on other sites

15 hours ago, DeltaDizzy said:

It is just as good in-game as it is in the pictures.

Are you running the mod and it's dependencies on 1.6? I really want to try this mod but the graphical mod I tried before, Spectra, gave me issues, even though it said it was functional on 1.6.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Hi, how do I get the city lights textures back? I have tried adding back in the following files from the normal EVE stock config archive:
 

gamedata/boulderco/
...citylights/
...citylights/textures/(everything in here)
.../citylights/citylights.cfg
.../Textures/(everything in here)

But my "_CityOverlayTex" line is still showing up red in EvE settings, as though something is wrong (with the value "BoulderCo/Textures/cube", which is default).

Link to comment
Share on other sites

It would appear that the continent that the KSC resides on is underwater from orbit.  Is this normal? Zooming in a little at a time it will show the land mass however too far out it disappears.  Also notice white flickering on the night side, which I suspected was lightning however its far too frequent and kind of glitchy looking.  Any settings I can tweak (and how?) or did I somehow mess something up?

 

also... no city lights despite that being listed as a feature.  Intentional?

Edited by GrimT
Link to comment
Share on other sites

		name = Kerbin-Lightning
		body = Kerbin
		altitude = 10500
		detailSpeed = 0,5000000,0
		killBodyRotation = True
		settings
		{
			_Color = 425,425,425,600
			_DetailDist = 0
			_UVNoiseScale = 0.5
			_UVNoiseStrength = 0.005
			_UVNoiseAnimation = 0.05,0.02
			_DetailScale = 1.2
			_MainTex

 

Does anyone know what the values represent in the above code located in lightning.cfg?  I would like to attempt to make the lightning a bit more... natural.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On top of having very little city light (I can see a few isolated pinpoints, is that the intended effect?) I have a problem with the lightning.

The flashes of lightning appear to be way too fast, on all planets with that effect. Kerbin's night-side in particular almost looks like a disco ball.

Another issue, but maybe I'm missing something, while the planets look nice from orbit the ground textures seem very low rez, and kopernicus expansions like footprints do not work either.

If not for that I'd be very happy with this pack.

ps: Just in case. I installed only the mods from the OP on a new ksp 1.6.1 install, and I'm on windows.

Edited by incal1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, incal1 said:

On top of having very little city light (I can see a few isolated pinpoints, is that the intended effect?) I have a problem with the lightning.

The flashes of lightning appear to be way too fast, on all planets with that effect. Kerbin's night-side in particular almost looks like a disco ball.

Another issue, but maybe I'm missing something, while the planets look nice from orbit the ground textures seem very low rez, and kopernicus expansions like footprints do not work either.

If not for that I'd be very happy with this pack.

ps: Just in case. I installed only the mods from the OP on a new ksp 1.6.1 install, and I'm on windows.

Im experiencing the same with lightning, been trying to figure out if someone has a 'fix' or if they understand what the values represent in the config so i can modify it myself.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Hello,

I really enjoy the graphic improvements of this mod but this add-on is a such gpu/cpu killer. During takeoff phases I'm having between 5 and 10 fps. Yet, I own a solid rig (specs: gtx1080, r5 1600x, 16gb ddr4). Although, once I'm in space, it's much better as I'm often over 60 fps.

What can i do to improve my framerate during takeoff phases? Would it help if I use 4k textures instead of 8k?

At last, how can I remove or decrease the amount of aurora borealis? it seems to me that they are either too large, too green or either too much on the upper layer of the atmosphere. moreover I would say that they are too homogenously distributed (their pattern  are not chaotic enough) which gives the impression of two verdatres couples that crown the poles of kerbin.

Best regards, f.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I've been trying to get the night lighting for cities to work for a while now, including playing about with KSPRC's night light configs. Nothing I have done has worked, and I think I might just give up with this :( The way all of this loads and works together is over my head at the moment.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Think there is currently a problem with Kopernicus as it is not loading in correctly after 2 installs. Wondering if it is any sort of mod incompatibility?

 

edit: if possible could someone send me the mod pack with the mods preinstalled in one folder because i cant seem to get it working and would like to try it out.

Edited by A Random Lantern
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 1/18/2019 at 3:17 PM, BARRAGAN said:

Hello,

I really enjoy the graphic improvements of this mod but this add-on is a such gpu/cpu killer. During takeoff phases I'm having between 5 and 10 fps. Yet, I own a solid rig (specs: gtx1080, r5 1600x, 16gb ddr4). Although, once I'm in space, it's much better as I'm often over 60 fps.

What can i do to improve my framerate during takeoff phases? Would it help if I use 4k textures instead of 8k?

At last, how can I remove or decrease the amount of aurora borealis? it seems to me that they are either too large, too green or either too much on the upper layer of the atmosphere. moreover I would say that they are too homogenously distributed (their pattern  are not chaotic enough) which gives the impression of two verdatres couples that crown the poles of kerbin.

Best regards, f.

For framerate, you could try turning off everything to do with oceans in scatterer. For auroras, the file you want to fool with is .../GameData/AstronomersVisualPack/EVE/aurora.cfg.

On 1/20/2019 at 3:31 AM, Slasher said:

Anyone know how I can replace the skybox? The one that comes with the pack is a bit too dark for my liking.

Clean out the /Default and /EnvMap directories in Texture Replacer, and drop the files for the skybox of your choice into /Default.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Yeah hi, so I have this problem with the non atmosphere moons. It looks like all of them have an atmosphere, when they don't. Like the Mun for example. I'll try to land on it, and once I get lower and lower, it looks like i'm going into an atmosphere. Of course, there is none. But it's odd.

 

I could use some help with this, thank you

Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 hours ago, Alex33212 said:

In-game I'm not seeing the custom skybox. Looking through the textures, I can't find the custom skybox anywhere in either the texture packs (both 2K and 4K) or the base AVE files.

Skyboxes are not handled by AVE. You must look into GameData/TextureReplacer/Default

Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 hours ago, Cheesecake said:

Skyboxes are not handled by AVE. You must look into GameData/TextureReplacer/Default

Sorry, forgot to give an update on this. Turns out I somehow got a download that was *only* the AVP folder, and the skybox files are in a TextureReplacer folder bundled with the normal download.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...