[KSP 1.12.3] Astronomer's Visual Pack - Beyond (v4.13 - July 17th, 2022)

themaster401

25 minutes ago, BezKartuza said:

AVP was updated. But you still need to add the line "flattenScaledSpaceMesh = 0.600000024" to Kerbin config file with your hands.

Path to config file - "Kerbal Space Program\GameData\AstronomersVisualPack\AVP_Scatterer\Planets\Kerbin"

Hide contents

name = Kerbin
        flattenScaledSpaceMesh = 0.600000024
        experimentalAtmoScale = 2.4000001

Ah, so sorry, I'll replace the download right now with that quick fix.

That didn't seem to fix it for some reason, I'm still getting the same issue.

It looks like more of an issue caused by something to do with TUFX though. I get the same effect with the other default profiles for it. It seems to be due to ambient occlusion. When I set ambient occlusion intensity to 0 it all goes away. Although i tested all of this with AVP installed

Edited by HenryJ
Clarification

I will admit that I'm more than a little rusty on this sort of thing, but how can this mod be considered updated for the current version of KSP when one of its dependencies (EnvironmentalVisualEnhancements) is still 3 versions behind?

Question about the skybox - in AstronomersVisualPack/AVP_Skybox/Astronomers_Skybox.cfg, there's a reference that looks like this:

SkyBox = AstronomersVisualPack/AVP_Skybox/skybox/AVP

However, there's no folder skybox/ under AVP_Skybox - did I install something wrong? Don't see that folder in either AVPTextures or the main AVP download...

On 5/4/2020 at 4:53 AM, AccidentalDisassembly said:

Question about the skybox - in AstronomersVisualPack/AVP_Skybox/Astronomers_Skybox.cfg, there's a reference that looks like this:

SkyBox = AstronomersVisualPack/AVP_Skybox/skybox/AVP

However, there's no folder skybox/ under AVP_Skybox - did I install something wrong? Don't see that folder in either AVPTextures or the main AVP download...

I just picked up on that too. It does seem to be broken.

I got the skybox working by moving the dds texture files from AVP_TextureReplacer/Default/ into AVP_Skybox/skybox and changing that line to

SkyBox = AstronomersVisualPack/AVP_Skybox/skybox/GalaxyTex

On 5/9/2020 at 11:27 PM, Virtualgenius said:

@HenryJ did you create those two folders in that directory and transfered the texture files to GalaxyTex

So you need to create the folder AstronomersVisualPack/AVP_Skybox/skybox/ but NOT the folder GalaxyTex

I believe the GalaxyTex part of the config refers to the start of the filenames.

Hey, when installing AVP Textures I've noticed that the directory name is the same as the AVP mod itself. Do I merge the contents of both the AVP Textures and AVP mod directories? (combining the contents of each directory and their subdirectories within)

Right now I've just renamed the AVP Textures directory to a different name. Will that still make it work?

Edited by catfood

So I have problems with the Astronomer's Visual Pack. When in the facility selector I get about 70 fps, however when I am in flight my frame rate drops to about 17. I am using a water cooled 1080ti and 3600x 32gb ram and playing at 2560x1440, and the temps are fine. Am I missing something, a setting or config, or does this pack play like crap regardless.

Edit:

I am playing with all of the required and suggested mods with the 8k texture pack.

Edited by irontom10

This is going to sound quite stupid, but, does this pack or any of the other mandatory mods disable to music in game. I have installed all the correct mods and got it to work and it looks fantastic, however, when I reach orbit, I can no longer hear the music and I quite liked hearing that in orbit?

Thanks,

Joe.

On 5/15/2020 at 12:28 AM, irontom10 said:

So I have problems with the Astronomer's Visual Pack. When in the facility selector I get about 70 fps, however when I am in flight my frame rate drops to about 17. I am using a water cooled 1080ti and 3600x 32gb ram and playing at 2560x1440, and the temps are fine. Am I missing something, a setting or config, or does this pack play like crap regardless.

Edit:

I am playing with all of the required and suggested mods with the 8k texture pack.

Perhaps your ship has too many parts... does the mission time indicator (top left side of the screen) turn yellow? Have you checked the CPU status on the task manager (assuming windows)? Are you using hundreds of mods alongside this one? ;)  My rig is 8 years old already, the only new part is a 970 and it plays just fine... Maybe before complaining about the mod developer's work, you can also check the first message on this same thread, where you can find the link that directs you here: 

On 5/15/2020 at 4:14 PM, Joe.L said:

This is going to sound quite stupid, but, does this pack or any of the other mandatory mods disable to music in game. I have installed all the correct mods and got it to work and it looks fantastic, however, when I reach orbit, I can no longer hear the music and I quite liked hearing that in orbit?

Don't want to sound off-topic, but as it never happened to me and I'm using AVP since a few years ago, with different installs, different versions... I can only recommend you in case you can't get the solution for this problem, another mod that I personally can't live without since I found it:

Cheers!

2 hours ago, Prathtel said:

Can someone share KS3P configs?

Hi! I suggest you'd better check in the KS3P thread instead (you know, different mod and so on... ;) ) :

Cheers!

14 hours ago, Send help(to Ryan) said:

can someone please make a 1k texture pack? my laptop goes over heating when I run ksp and more with the astronomers visual pack.

Have you tried rescaling the DDS texture files by yourself, maybe with GIMP? As far as I remember, the license of the mod should allow you to do that ( @themaster401 please correct me if I'm wrong here).

Cheers!

On 5/16/2020 at 6:26 PM, JorgeCS said:

Perhaps your ship has too many parts... does the mission time indicator (top left side of the screen) turn yellow? Have you checked the CPU status on the task manager (assuming windows)? Are you using hundreds of mods alongside this one? ;)  My rig is 8 years old already, the only new part is a 970 and it plays just fine... Maybe before complaining about the mod developer's work, you can also check the first message on this same thread, where you can find the link that directs you here: 

Don't want to sound off-topic, but as it never happened to me and I'm using AVP since a few years ago, with different installs, different versions... I can only recommend you in case you can't get the solution for this problem, another mod that I personally can't live without since I found it:

Cheers!

yeah please disregard my question. I am a complete noob at this game and simply was not high enough in space xD

17 hours ago, JorgeCS said:

Have you tried rescaling the DDS texture files by yourself, maybe with GIMP? As far as I remember, the license of the mod should allow you to do that ( @themaster401 please correct me if I'm wrong here).

Cheers!

Feel free to rescale and redistribute the textures, minding the terms of the license.

Hello fellow gamers,

Have I installed something wrong with this extremely nice visual mod on KSP 1.9.1?  Everything else appears to be fine within game except the menu screens.  Kerbin appears to be color banding and/or color washing.  Any input is welcomed.  Thank you for your time and effort with this great mod.

24808.jpg

24809.jpg

24815.jpg

Edited by THX-1138

Hello,

First of all thanks for this mod! It looks amazing and I used to consider it absolutely essential for KSP. 

I'm having a few graphical issues that I was hoping someone could help me out with (log file & screenshots below). I'm on a fresh install of 1.9.1, and this is the only mod I have running (along with the dependencies of course). 

The primary issues are that I encounter odd shadow effects whenever I zoom in on a craft, kerbal, or even a planet, and the planet colours seem a bit off from what they look like in the promotional video and screenshots. I guess I would describe them as being... not saturated enough? 

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks

Log: https://www.dropbox.com/s/xtuj0fdg75ilwkk/Player.log?dl=0

Screenshot 1 (shadow glitch): https://www.dropbox.com/s/7wh7vpvk8vbem1f/ShadowGlitch1.png?dl=0

Screenshot 2 (shadow glitch): https://www.dropbox.com/s/cwlfee4upqyvlpv/ShadowGlitch2.png?dl=0

Screenshot 3 (colour?): https://www.dropbox.com/s/fotdrio9m5yh043/Colour.png?dl=0

Screenshot 4 (Game Data folder): https://www.dropbox.com/s/28kmpets25n7f7k/GameData.png?dl=0

On 5/19/2020 at 4:57 PM, Send help(to Ryan) said:

so how do I recale the dds texture?

Well, I'm no expert AT ALL in AVP nor GIMP, I can just tell you what I did as a test: open the original DDS file. Here GIMP will ask if you want to load the mipmaps from the file, and also decode blahblahblah... you keep those options marked. Then, go to Image -> Scale the image. You will get a dialog box asking for the new size. Make sure that the lock between both dimensions (horizontal and vertical) is on, then modify only the first one. If it is 4096, put instead 1024... et cetera. Once done, go to File, Export, keep the same original name it has in the dialog box, when asked answer 'replace'. You will get now a more complex dialog box. Here I just chose compression BC3/DTX5, and mipmaps: generate mipmaps. Didn't touch anything else. Did the same procedure for the DDSs in the folder 'Kerbal Space Program\GameData\AstronomersVisualPack\AVP_Configs\Textures' and it worked. I'm not particularly pleased with the result but, as I said, I'm no expert :/

I was trying to find some post regarding the edition of DDS formatted files but... meh, no luck so far (and no much time today to do so anyway!)

Cheers!

J

20 hours ago, WumboJumbo said:

It is stuck at verifying expansion. IDK what seems to be the problem? KSP 1.9.1

And is AVP the only mod you currently have installed in the game? Also, if you press CTRL + ALT + F12 (if I'm not mistaken, I'm a disaster with the shortcuts) you will see where exactly it is stuck. But the couple times I had that symptom it was not AVP, but some other mod as MechJeb for instance. In any case, if you find that the root cause may still be AVP, I suggest you to check this thread whose link you can also find in the first post of this one:

Cheers!

J

On 5/20/2020 at 9:54 AM, Snar said:

Hello,

First of all thanks for this mod! It looks amazing and I used to consider it absolutely essential for KSP. 

I'm having a few graphical issues that I was hoping someone could help me out with (log file & screenshots below). I'm on a fresh install of 1.9.1, and this is the only mod I have running (along with the dependencies of course). 

The primary issues are that I encounter odd shadow effects whenever I zoom in on a craft, kerbal, or even a planet, and the planet colours seem a bit off from what they look like in the promotional video and screenshots. I guess I would describe them as being... not saturated enough? 

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks

Log: https://www.dropbox.com/s/xtuj0fdg75ilwkk/Player.log?dl=0

Screenshot 1 (shadow glitch): https://www.dropbox.com/s/7wh7vpvk8vbem1f/ShadowGlitch1.png?dl=0

Screenshot 2 (shadow glitch): https://www.dropbox.com/s/cwlfee4upqyvlpv/ShadowGlitch2.png?dl=0

Screenshot 3 (colour?): https://www.dropbox.com/s/fotdrio9m5yh043/Colour.png?dl=0

Screenshot 4 (Game Data folder): https://www.dropbox.com/s/28kmpets25n7f7k/GameData.png?dl=0

That shadow is due to ambient occlusion of TUFX, u can disable it in TUFX toolbar

35 minutes ago, One eyed Smile said:

That shadow is due to ambient occlusion of TUFX, u can disable it in TUFX toolbar

That fixed it, thanks! Messing with the color grading even "fixed" the planet colour thing too. 

Much appreciated. :)