Jump to content

[KSP 1.12.3] Astronomer's Visual Pack - Beyond (v4.13 - July 17th, 2022)


themaster401
 Share

Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, Smerky said:

It's just the current version of AVP with 4k textures.

If you mean the plain EVE configs they're easily accessible through this website or the mod manager but you have to uninstall AVP.

Yep, what exactly did you  make for getting rid of red textures??

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, skzbr said:

Yep, what exactly did you  make for getting rid of red textures??

I'm afraid I didn't, I was quoting your comment because I have the same issue, and because someone had replied to you trying say it's normal to have red clouds at night. Which it certainly isn't.

I said I uninstalled AVP and installed default EVE configs to be certain it was this mod that was causing the problem.

Mod's brilliant anyway so I'm not all that bothered.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

EDIT: Got it to work
Hey guys. Im running the the up to date version 1.10.0.2917.
And I wanted to install AVP for the first time through ckan.
My problem is that I constantly run into errors while installing. Where I have to select between the different modules to install it tells me there a conflicts.
I got some sorted out but not all. Thats why I honestly ask for a detailed instruction wich buttons to press in ckan :) 
Thanks a lot in advance

 

Edited by Georodin
Link to comment
Share on other sites

The low FPS when in map view has raised its ugly head again for me.  It used to be fixed in Kopernicus with the following line:

@Kopernicus:FINAL
{
    useOnDemandBiomes = False
}

 

This doesn't seem to work anymore.  Does anyone know how to fix this?  I am getting about 2 FPS when in map view, but it is fine when I am flying.

-X

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 7/13/2020 at 11:21 PM, HaDeZs said:

Having an issue with the graphics on planet Kerbal. It loads up perfect for a half second then changes to this white Kerbal.

dsSUWOq.png

 

Did anyone find the fix for this problem? ive just run into the same exact issue 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 2 weeks later...

Hello - I'm having some difficulties getting AVP to work for me. I'm on 1.8.1, with JNSQ/Eve/scatterer working fine with no other mods besides the two squad folders. When I add the latest AVP and the 8k textures, scatterer starts complaining about missing Kerbin configs, and no longer renders water at all, and spams the debug window with nullref problems.

So for starters, should I expect this to work? And if so, is the following screenshot a bad omen? The black clouds seem a good indication of what's ahead...

Log file: https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1WE8T87K4zcIEqRzjhTQRYjPRVyRfI3KO?usp=sharing

Full disclosure ... after I verified the problems, I tried removing the file called avp_configs\stock\atmosphere.cfg, which only has a blank eve atmosphere def in it, and the log file above is from that run, not the totally pristine run just before it - but same results.

 

Spoiler

IlHU45R.jpg

gcRJAKb.png

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 8/3/2020 at 10:03 PM, OrbitalManeuvers said:

Hello - I'm having some difficulties getting AVP to work for me. I'm on 1.8.1, with JNSQ/Eve/scatterer working fine with no other mods besides the two squad folders. When I add the latest AVP and the 8k textures, scatterer starts complaining about missing Kerbin configs, and no longer renders water at all, and spams the debug window with nullref problems.

So for starters, should I expect this to work? And if so, is the following screenshot a bad omen? The black clouds seem a good indication of what's ahead...

Log file: https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1WE8T87K4zcIEqRzjhTQRYjPRVyRfI3KO?usp=sharing

Full disclosure ... after I verified the problems, I tried removing the file called avp_configs\stock\atmosphere.cfg, which only has a blank eve atmosphere def in it, and the log file above is from that run, not the totally pristine run just before it - but same results.

Maybe problem is in JNSQ. Delete it.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

The problem is two-fold:

  1. JNSQ has its own visuals and is by nature not intended to have other visual mods applied to it. (Any decent Kerbin replacer mod is expected to apply.)
  2. The popular visual packs tend to only support the stock planets or RSS. (Note: there is a link for "Ad Astra" which bridges JNSQ and AVP. It's at the bottom of the opening post.)
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 7/23/2020 at 11:22 PM, iStCrow said:

Did anyone find the fix for this problem? ive just run into the same exact issue 

Screenshot-20200805-223516.jpg

Is this not supposed to happen? its bit weird as starting screen, but I figured it was a signal something was working, otherwise looks pretty damn nice in-game.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 7/24/2020 at 9:22 AM, iStCrow said:

Did anyone find the fix for this problem? ive just run into the same exact issue 

Yes I solved the problem by copying the file clouds.cfg from Kerbal Space Program\GameData\BoulderCo\Atmosphere to Kerbal Space Program\GameData\AstronomersVisualPack\AVP_Configs\Stock

Link to comment
Share on other sites

21 hours ago, Gri said:

Yes I solved the problem by copying the file clouds.cfg from Kerbal Space Program\GameData\BoulderCo\Atmosphere to Kerbal Space Program\GameData\AstronomersVisualPack\AVP_Configs\Stock

wait, whats the logic here? I don't even have that folder, but isn't it the default EVE configs? And in which case, don't they conflict with Astronomer's pack?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Hello. Kerbin looks weird in the menu, but seems to be working fine in-game. 

I'm running 1.10.1 and the following mods:

Astronomer's Visual Pack
TUFX
Scatterer
EnvironmentalVisualEnhancements
PlanetShine
SmokeScreen
Distant Object Enhancement

Do you have any idea what could be causing it? Do you see anything wrong from the in-game screenshot? 

Thanks.

 

 

YCu85bX.jpg

 

Rx3BJT5.jpg

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Ok guys, so I have this mod working fine, installed regularly with most of its recommended stuff, such as chatterer and real plumes (among others). However there seems to be something affecting atmospheric engine effects, it bursts as thunders during launch to go completely silent while on orbit, while I appreciate it being "realistic", I would still rather have my speakers/ears not bleed during every launch. Does anyone have idea which mod does that? As I've before the only aesthetic mods I have installed are the ones usually recommended with this one, and none that I know off explicitly affects that.

2 hours ago, 1990eam said:

Hello. Kerbin looks weird in the menu, but seems to be working fine in-game.

I mentioned this some posts earlier, honestly if looks fine in game, I took it as just a signal that the mod works, its probably because of some parts of the mod (and dependencies) not being loaded fully in the menu.

On 7/23/2020 at 11:22 PM, iStCrow said:

Did anyone find the fix for this problem? ive just run into the same exact issue 

For the problem quoted above, someone had suggested replacing the "clouds.cfg" for the scatterer default one, I did that just to test and got Kerbin exactly like that, it works but is completely cloudless, have you by any chance done that as well?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 2 weeks later...

I'm having a really cool bug where any atmosphere (Kerbin, Laythe) glows iridescent white-hot... it looks like the atmosphere is burning.

 

I tried tweaking scatterer (and then disabling everything in the config) but to no avail. Any thoughts? 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...