[KSP 1.12.3] Astronomer's Visual Pack - Beyond (v4.13 - July 17th, 2022)

themaster401

On 9/2/2020 at 4:27 PM, Baslifico said:

I love the visuals of this mod... Always have.

But is there any way to disable "clouds" on moons with no atmosphere?

My ship should be in hard vacuum and it looks like I'm in the middle of a storm.

I'm having the same problem, faint atmosphere on Mun and Minmus, and very much on Dres.

23 hours ago, incog said:

This mod looks fantastic but when in space there are way too many stars/galaxies, it clutters things up for me. Any way to disable that?

You can use DistantObjectEnhancement to adjust the skybox brightness.

On 9/2/2020 at 10:27 PM, Baslifico said:

I love the visuals of this mod... Always have.

But is there any way to disable "clouds" on moons with no atmosphere?

My ship should be in hard vacuum and it looks like I'm in the middle of a storm.

Remove GameData/AstronomersVisualPack/AVP_Configs/Stock/Duststorms.cfg (which will remove all duststorms, if you want to preserve ones on atmospheric bodies you will have to manually edit the configuration.)

Edited by themaster401

Hello, :)

Hope everyone is doing well and is still employed these covid days. ;-;

Anyone else get a visual glitch past 20km? (no image as of yet will upload later)a bunch of black squares with static type lines? REINSTALL oF AVP at default settings and removal of some other cosmetic mods fixed this. Also the planet Kerbin seems to be a bit broken in the menu.. see image bellow.

1cw8v7t.png

_____Stats:_____
KSP Version: Latest.

_____Mods/Expansions:_____
*Making History Expansion
*Ground Breaking Expansion
*Chatterer
*Kerbal Engineer Redux
*Final Frontier
*Waypoint Manager
*[x] Science!
*Editor Time
*AtmosphereAutopilot
*Docking Port Sound FX
*Kerbal Alarm Clock
and see below

kcM2HKa.png

_____PC Specs:_____
PC Model: Lenovo Legion Y740
GPU: GeForce RTX 2080 with Max-Q Design
CPU: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-9750H CPU @ 2.60GHz
Memory: 32 GB RAM HyperX™
Current resolution: 3840 x 2160, 60Hz
Operating system: Win 10 Pro
Keyboard: Corsair K70 RGB Mk.2 LP
Other input device: XBox Controller or Steam Controller
Mouse: Corsair M65 RGB Elite
Headset: Logitech G433
Speakers: Logitech Z625 w/THX or Yamaha 5.1 Surround Sound

Will be trying out the game in 1980p and 2k resolution visual pack to see if that fixes things.
Does not fix planet being cut on bottom with 2k option in menu
Read up on some history and devs of mods said not to worry about what the menu looks like. →see here

Am now uninstalling AVP and attempting to reinstall with minimal changes. Will keep updated thread :)
Welp seems reinstall of cosmetic mods does the trick :) thank you so much for this GREAT MOD :) AVP rules :)

Thanks and peace to all kerbonauts :)

Edited by Jungfaha
Take1: tested 2k option;; Take 2: removed all AVP & cosmetics to do clean install of AVP;; Take3: Success by reinstall of mods and useing default values.

On 9/5/2020 at 7:28 PM, themaster401 said:

Remove GameData/AstronomersVisualPack/AVP_Configs/Stock/Duststorms.cfg (which will remove all duststorms, if you want to preserve ones on atmospheric bodies you will have to manually edit the configuration.)

Thanks for taking the time, appreciate it

Edited by Baslifico

21 hours ago, Kikin8034 said:

Absolutely love this pack. There are some bugs and issues that need to be addressed but other than that i cant imagine KSP without this now, great job man !

Report any of those issues to me or the dependencies' mod devs and we will find a solution as soon as possible :)

Edited by themaster401

On 9/15/2020 at 6:17 PM, Kikin8034 said:

One of the bugs is with Moho. There is this weird dust like cloud around it.
EK4NZQk.png?1

This is Moho's ablation, a feature of AVP. You can remove it by opening the EVE GUI in the tracking station, navigating to CloudManager > glow.cfg > Moho > Moho-ablation, removing the object, then applying and saving your changes.

Uhmm... Is it me or does Kerbin looks too white-ish-blue compared to other screenshots? 

Using the 2k texture version, latest eve, scatterer and planetshine. I have my suspicions that it's planetshine that's doing that coloroPZN6tj.png

If it's really like that, is there there a way to change that?

NVM I've seen similar questions

Edited by Tweak[Box]

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/24/2020 at 12:26 PM, Tweak[Box] said:

Uhmm... Is it me or does Kerbin looks too white-ish-blue compared to other screenshots? 

Using the 2k texture version, latest eve, scatterer and planetshine. I have my suspicions that it's planetshine that's doing that coloroPZN6tj.png

If it's really like that, is there there a way to change that?

NVM I've seen similar questions

This only occurs in the main menu. If you do wish to replicate the deep blue hues seen in the official screenshots, you must use one of the post processing mods prescribed in the installation instructions.

3 hours ago, The_Arcitect said:

I personally love this mod, but I never got the geysers to work.  Does anyone know how to add them?

If you sit around on Minmus' flats or Eeloo, you should eventually see them. They're very quick! Also note that they are only a visual effect and there is no actual physical source for the geysers.

1 hour ago, plakman said:

Is there a way to reduce the stars?

theres a little bit too many imo :p

Using one of the post processing mods or tweaking the brightness of the skybox in DistantObjectEnhancement may remedy this, otherwise you are free to delete AVP's skybox in GameData\AstronomersVisualPack\AVP_Skybox if you wish to use another skybox.

On 9/20/2020 at 1:01 AM, OwariTY said:

i have a question. are lightnings normal? because they are even in a clear sky,

Lightning is currently visible all over planets regardless of cloud cover, though in the future I hope to release an update where the effects are synchronized with the bodies' cloud cover.

Arriane-Venera Eve Explorer (AVEE) (Stock KSP + DLC)

Spoiler

Max Q (Dynamic Pressure)xRkW3af.png

Circularization BurnBUpd6ha.png

100Km Parking OrbittDcEokv.png

Eve Transfer BurnoHu1tlF.pngfNjdQge.png

Payload DeploymentFB1aqEM.pngw95UfUh.png

Eve arrival @ 500Km PeriapsisNIzxSMl.png

Circularization Burn and Reduction of Periapsis to 75KmCBR3bzT.png

Lander DeploymentmkJN1Lj.png

Prograde burn to increase Periapsis to 120km42H8A95.png

Lander Atmospheric EntryqTzg68C.png

Drogue Chutes DeploymentJAZu0pL.png

Primary Chute and Shell DeploymentJIqWmto.png

Heat-shield droppedFyr7sgx.png

Touchdown!1C6x0Zb.pngROzV3YN.png

Orbiter relays Lander's signal back to KerbinGcfOp3C.pngtDoECUk.png

Edited by Tweak[Box]

8 hours ago, Decus91 said:

A new mod has recently been released, with great potential for visuals: 

Any chance of an AVP (with KSPRC) config for this?

I have been looking into creating custom configs for AVP, though Gameslinx has announced he may create his own configs for the stock bodies. We will see :)

On 10/10/2020 at 9:27 AM, nsgallup said:

Anyone know where to find the geysers on minmus and eeloo?

I responded to this question a few posts above. Sit on their surfaces, be patient and keep your eyes open!

On 10/2/2020 at 8:43 PM, themaster401 said:

If you sit around on Minmus' flats or Eeloo, you should eventually see them. They're very quick! Also note that they are only a visual effect and there is no actual physical source for the geysers.

OK lads and lasses, I've installed AVP into KSP 1.10 and things are going pretty good!  I might have a slight issue with the clouds on the horizon when orbiting Kerbin, and the planet itself appears too white on the menu screen, but I can live with these. 

I'm now hoping to install the Astronomers Music Pack, but I'm being told to do this by putting the files into the 'main directory' - what the heck is that? 

Is there a file called Main Directory that I'm not seeing, or is it just the folder called Kerbal Space Program inside my Steam folder? 

I hope someone will clarify this for me, thanks all.

5 hours ago, The Flying Kerbal said:

is it just the folder called Kerbal Space Program inside my Steam folder

Exactly that. As I recall, AMP requires installation of the "Soundtrack Editor" mod and that one installs Music and Playlist directories next to GameData, not within it.