Jump to content

[KSP 1.12.3] Astronomer's Visual Pack - Beyond (v4.13 - July 17th, 2022)


themaster401
 Share

Recommended Posts

Can someone please help me understand the instalation guide? The links in step 1 and 2 go to the same github page with the texture packs. I thought step 1 was supposed to get the Astronomers Visual Pack and step 2 was texture pack?

Is anyone else confused by this? I ONLY see the texture packs?

EDIT: and the link to EVE is broken :(

Edited by dresoccer4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 minutes ago, dresoccer4 said:

Can someone please help me understand the instalation guide? The links in step 1 and 2 go to the same github page with the texture packs. I thought step 1 was supposed to get the Astronomers Visual Pack and step 2 was texture pack?

Is anyone else confused by this? I ONLY see the texture packs?

EDIT: and the link to EVE is broken :(

I recommend installing CKAN as it will make the installation much easier. It will grab all the dependencies and keep them up to date for you. :)

18 hours ago, Motokid600 said:

I noticed the 43k files dont overwrite anything. These clouds are additional to the current ones?

Edit: Indeed they are. They look quite nice. Though I must say its ALOT of clouds.

how is the performance

Link to comment
Share on other sites

hey, Im having trouble with getting the mod to work.

I downloaded the 4k version + optional kerbin clouds. I also have the latest scatterer, module manager and eve installed. However when I run it only scatterer seems to work.

I'm not sure, but I feel like EVE is refusing to use the textures of the mod

Edited by Rover 6428
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Does anyone know if it's possible to somehow reduce the cloud layer from space, and not change anything else like what a planet looks like from the ground or while flying into it? The one problem I have is I can't see where to land on Laythe!

95KVsfc.png

What looks like land isn't land, and I've had to look up the biome map and find a little piece of land way at the bottom and use that to extrapolate potentially where the piece of land I want to land is on.

Anyone know how to turn down the cloud layer from space and make the ground more visible without severely altering the sunrise/sunset/cloud characteristics down below?

Thanks!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

 

On 5/10/2021 at 12:44 AM, dresoccer4 said:

For anyone else confused with the incorrect installation instructions, I think I got it to work. For step 1, use this link instead: https://github.com/themaster402/AstronomersVisualPack/archive/refs/heads/master.zip

That'll give you the necessary parts!

Looks like uploading the 43k clouds unintentionally made the texture release the latest release lol. I have rectified this, apologies for the inconvenience.

On 5/11/2021 at 2:09 AM, rudemario said:

Does anyone know if it's possible to somehow reduce the cloud layer from space, and not change anything else like what a planet looks like from the ground or while flying into it? The one problem I have is I can't see where to land on Laythe!

95KVsfc.png

What looks like land isn't land, and I've had to look up the biome map and find a little piece of land way at the bottom and use that to extrapolate potentially where the piece of land I want to land is on.

Anyone know how to turn down the cloud layer from space and make the ground more visible without severely altering the sunrise/sunset/cloud characteristics down below?

Thanks!

You can open the EVE GUI in the tracking station, navigate to CloudsManager > AstronomersVisualPack/AVP_Configs/clouds > Laythe, select either cloud layer, change the last value in RGBA (alpha, or transparency) to a lower value, and hit Apply and Save if the cloud density is a hassle.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 5/11/2021 at 2:09 AM, rudemario said:

I have is I can't see where to land on Laythe

A less intrusive solution can be installing SCANSat - you can enable radar map or biome map as an overlay over the planet in map screen and plan your descent accordingly. I use that on visuals-heavy packs and bodies.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, Aryeonos said:

What files can I suspend to keep the vanilla skybox without breaking anything else? I'm using the CKAN installation if that makes a difference.

You should just be able to delete the whole GameData/AstronomersVisualPack/AVP_Skybox folder. (Delete after the texture installation to also get rid of the image files.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

18 hours ago, Iodyne said:

You should just be able to delete the whole GameData/AstronomersVisualPack/AVP_Skybox folder. (Delete after the texture installation to also get rid of the image files.

Worked without a hitch, thank you!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Hello,

I'd like to install TUFX also, cause I saw some pictures and the result looks beautifull.
Unfortunately, I saw that TUFX is only for 1.9.1 version, BUT  i'd like the last version of AVP, which is for 1.11.

Do AVP needs TUFX to have the best graphics ever ? Or, howx can I manage it ?
I'm afraid that if I'm downgrading to KSP 1.9.1 (for TUFX) and installing AVP (via CKAN), i wouldn't have its last version.

Thanks in advance :)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

17 hours ago, lifesuckslmao said:

i had paralax i just did not like it so i chose this is 8k the best?

Parallax and AVP are totally different. You can run them both in the same install if you please. Parallax will overhaul planetary surfaces and terrain while AVP spruces up the atmosphere alongside some other effects.

8k textures are currently the top-of-the-line for AVP.

4 hours ago, Loick said:

Hello,

I'd like to install TUFX also, cause I saw some pictures and the result looks beautifull.
Unfortunately, I saw that TUFX is only for 1.9.1 version, BUT  i'd like the last version of AVP, which is for 1.11.

Do AVP needs TUFX to have the best graphics ever ? Or, howx can I manage it ?
I'm afraid that if I'm downgrading to KSP 1.9.1 (for TUFX) and installing AVP (via CKAN), i wouldn't have its last version.

Thanks in advance :)

TUFX will work fine (well, as functional as it would be on 1.9.1) on the latest version of KSP. I highly recommend using AVP's TUFX profile to achieve the visuals seen in the images, but you are free to use your own profiles as well.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, themaster401 said:

TUFX will work fine (well, as functional as it would be on 1.9.1) on the latest version of KSP. I highly recommend using AVP's TUFX profile to achieve the visuals seen in the images, but you are free to use your own profiles as well.

Interesting thing, that...

I got TUFX recently, and the AVP profile causes weird shadows when near a celestial body. Other profiles work fine.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, Spaceman.Spiff said:

Interesting thing, that...

I got TUFX recently, and the AVP profile causes weird shadows when near a celestial body. Other profiles work fine.

AVP's profile has ambient occlusion enabled, a TUFX feature which is slightly bugged causing odd interference pattern shadows to appear when the camera is close to an object. I left the feature enabled as the way it adds depth to scenes is pretty incredible...

hg5TY4f.png

...anticipating that the developer would eventually fix this issue, but I guess it's been unfixed long enough that others have outright disabled the feature in their profiles.

Interestingly, the same feature in TUFX's predecessor, KS3P, does not exhibit this bug.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, themaster401 said:

Interestingly, the same feature in TUFX's predecessor, KS3P, does not exhibit this bug.

 

Yeah i've noticed the weird shadows and stuff. 

I saw that KS3P was getting updated, but I don't know what happened to that...

Unfortunately the current PP mods are a bit out of date. :(

Link to comment
Share on other sites

15 hours ago, themaster401 said:

Parallax and AVP are totally different. You can run them both in the same install if you please. Parallax will overhaul planetary surfaces and terrain while AVP spruces up the atmosphere alongside some other effects.

8k textures are currently the top-of-the-line for AVP.

TUFX will work fine (well, as functional as it would be on 1.9.1) on the latest version of KSP. I highly recommend using AVP's TUFX profile to achieve the visuals seen in the images, but you are free to use your own profiles as well.

So, TUFX works fine on the 1.11.2 version, no bugs ?

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6je8EKX.png

Update v4.11

Changelog

  • Removed KS3P support.
  • Disabled TUFX antialiasing.
  • Removed custom scatterer settings, use scatterer presets instead.

Changing scatterer presets from 'very high' can yield up to a 25% performance increase in some situations with only a slight visual difference. You can do this by clicking on the blue globe button in the toolbar while in the Space Center.

Edited by themaster401
Link to comment
Share on other sites

is there anything i can do in the config to get rid of the cloud pop in when going through atmospheres? ive tried screwing around with different combinations of distance fade and view distance but only the view distance actually does anything. Other visual packs either work fine or can be edited to work fine, but this pack specifically i have the horrible pop in and cant get rid of it. Ive seen only a few other mentions of it and no actual Do X Y Z solution. Eve specifically, where im having these issues primarily, i have noticed across multiple graphics mods doesnt have the DistFadeVert value even in the config (and yet those packs still dont have the pop-in), and it only shows up after screwing around with the EVE menu in the game. clearly im missing something here...

Edited by StickyScissors
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Can anyone help me out with a problem I'm running into with AVP? 

I have EVE, Parallax and Scatterer installed with the 8k AVP textures. When I load up Kerbal on the main menu or use the tracking station initially I get the Kerbin on the left/the first image -- correct lighting and textures. When I launch a mission, I get the one on the right. Any idea what's going on here?

 

Clipboard01.jpgClipboard02.jpg

Edited by Nickkerb
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...