[KSP 1.12.3] Astronomer's Visual Pack - Beyond (v4.13 - July 17th, 2022)

themaster401

7 hours ago, gietek said:

Now that I installed KSPRC over the rest of the mods, it showed the stock textures with no clouds/effects. Quickly reinstalled AVP plus dependencies via CKAN AND lowered the res to "half", I get beautiful textures and auroras but no clouds. Checked Eve and Laythe and no clouds either. Apart from that everything seems to be working.

Did you install the AVP texture pack in addition to AVP? Sounds like something I ran into, and it was because I had deleted the textures and had forgotten to reinstall them.

Edited by Starfire70

So I've ran into some issue on the first time I've tried to install this so I wanted to start with a clean ksp install.

I've installed the mandatory mods using ckan, then I've added distant object enhancement, chatterer, KSPRC (only the KSPRC folder in GameData and deleted Atmosphere and CityLights).
Then I've installed AVP in GameData and after that the 8K textures. For EVE I've selected the stock config in ckan, not the stock visual enhancements.

I can see kerbin has city lights and a custom terrain texture, but no clouds, also it seems to be a default skybox

XzVU95q.jpg

Gl198b0.png

Well, after a game exit/reload I've now this

zuddMKC.jpg

Edited by alex88

Oh deary me, CKAN...

When installing AVP on CKAN, you should not be requested to download EVE configs, as AVP already provides them. After installing AVP, the following entries on CKAN should be installed:

"EnvironmentalVisualEnhancements"

"Scatterer"

"ModuleManager"

"Astronomer's Visual Pack-*k Textures" (depending on your choice)

"Astronomer's Visual Pack"

Some other mods may be "recommended" during the installation, those typically do not affect the atmospheric enhancements.

14 minutes ago, themaster401 said:

Oh deary me, CKAN...

When installing AVP on CKAN, you should not be requested to download EVE configs, as AVP already provides them. After installing AVP, the following entries on CKAN should be installed:

"EnvironmentalVisualEnhancements"

"Scatterer"

"ModuleManager"

"Astronomer's Visual Pack-*k Textures" (depending on your choice)

"Astronomer's Visual Pack"

Some other mods may be "recommended" during the installation, those typically do not affect the atmospheric enhancements.

Thank you so much for replying. Ckan doesn't let you install EVE without a config, And regarding AVP on CKAN, only the textures are available for KSP 1.3, the main module is still the older version, also, it doesn't let me install AVP textures as it says the main module isn't compatible.

A0uCA3l.png

I've checked CKAN meta and it seems the file is old (isn't it this one https://github.com/KSP-CKAN/CKAN-meta/blob/master/AstronomersPack/AstronomersPack-Interstellar.V2.ckan)?

Anyway, thanks again, I'll manually install EVE without any other config now. I'll update this post

UPDATE: So which plugins has to install default configs? You said I don't have to import EVE default config, is the same for scatterer?

Edited by alex88

Actually CKAN does not prompt to install Scatterer, you have to do it manually. Every other mod you listed is included in dependencies. However there is another mod that is required by CKAN and that is Kopernicus Planetary System Modifier. 

So, when I click on AVP, it tells me that I have to also install:

- AVP textures (2k/4k/8k)

- EVE

- Kopernicus Planetary System Modifier

Anyway, after installing KSPRC I still have no clouds. I'm going to remove every mod, reinstall it via CKAN and add KSPRC again.

EDIT: I've uninstalled KSPRC, fired up KSP and everything is looking beautiful. I take those flashes on Kerbin are storm?

Edited by gietek

20 minutes ago, alex88 said:

Thank you so much for replying. Ckan doesn't let you install EVE without a config, And regarding AVP on CKAN, only the textures are available for KSP 1.3, the main module is still the older version, also, it doesn't let me install AVP textures as it says the main module isn't compatible.

Try this:
In ckan remove Astronomer, EVE (and the stock config), Kopernicus, Scatterer and apply changes
Remove all Astronomer's directory from GameData. Check, also, you not have the BoulderCo folder. In case, delete it.

Now, in ckan, check Astronomer Visual Pack and apply changes.
Ckan should present you all the dependencies needed which will be added automatically (Kopernikus, EVE but not his config) and will let you choose which texture pack you want to put. You only have to confirm and start the installation.

Finally, install Scatterer again.

Edited by Simog

1 minute ago, Simog said:

Try this:
In ckan remove Astronomer, EVE, Kopernicus, scatterer and apply changes
Remove all Astronomer directory from GameData.

Now, in ckan, check Astronomer Visual Pack and apply changes.
Ckan should present you all the dependencies needed which will be added automatically (Kopernikus, EVE but not his config) and will let you choose which texture pack you want to put. You only have to confirm and start the installation.

Finally, install Scatterer again.

This is what I've just tried now, installed ModuleManager,TextureReplacer, Kopernicus, Chatterer from CKAN. Then I've manually installed from their own thread EVE, Scatterer, DOE, KSPRC (compying only KSPRC folder and deleting Athmosphere and CityLights folders), all these without any config. Then I've added AVP and its 8k textures from Github release. Still no clouds. These are the relevant errors found in output_log

Texture load error in 'C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Kerbal Space Program\GameData\AstronomersVisualPack\EVE\CityLights\Textures\detail.tga'
##### OTHER ROWS #####
[EVE PQSManagerClass]: Unable to parse config node:
Jool
{
	deactivateDistance = 175000
}

(Filename: C:/buildslave/unity/build/artifacts/generated/common/runtime/UnityEngineDebugBindings.gen.cpp Line: 42)

EVEManager: Issue loading PQSManagerClass! Error:
UnityEngine.UnityException: Unable to apply node! ---> System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
  at PQSManager.PQSManagerClass.ApplyConfigNode (.ConfigNode node) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at EVEManager.EVEManagerBase.Apply () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  --- End of inner exception stack trace ---
  at EVEManager.EVEManagerBase.LoadConfig () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at EVEManager.GenericEVEManager`1[PQSManager.PQSWrapper].StaticSetup () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at EVEManager.GenericEVEManager`1[T].Setup () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at EVEManager.GlobalEVEManager.Setup (Boolean late) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
##### OTHER ROWS #####
[EVE CloudsManager]: EVE Clouds: Kerbin-Auroras Applying to main menu!

(Filename: C:/buildslave/unity/build/artifacts/generated/common/runtime/UnityEngineDebugBindings.gen.cpp Line: 42)

[EVE CloudsManager]: Unable to parse config node:
OBJECT
{
	speed = 0,150,0
	detailSpeed = 100,3000,0
	killBodyRotation = True
	altitude = 7200
	body = Duna
	name = Duna-Aurora
	settings
	{
		_UVNoiseAnimation = 0.05,0.02
		_UVNoiseStrength = 0.05
		_UVNoiseScale = 0.5
		_UVNoiseTex = AstronomersVisualPack/EVE/Textures/uvnoise1
		_DetailDist = 4E-07
		_DetailScale = 6
		_MainTex
		{
			value = AstronomersVisualPack/EVE/Textures/aurora1
		}
		_DetailTex
		{
			value = AstronomersVisualPack/EVE/Textures/detailAurora
		}
	}
	layer2D
	{
		macroCloudMaterial
		{
		}
	}
}

EVEManager: Issue loading CloudsManager! Error:
UnityEngine.UnityException: Unable to apply node! ---> System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
  at Atmosphere.CloudsManager.ApplyConfigNode (.ConfigNode node) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at EVEManager.GlobalEVEManager.Setup (Boolean late) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
### OTHER ROWS ###
[Scatterer] Mapping EVE volumetrics for planet: Kerbin

[Scatterer] Volumetric clouds error on planet: KerbinSystem.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
  at scatterer.SkyNode.mapEVEvolumetrics () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 

Anyway, I'll try your method now

@themaster401 so after removing the code below from aurora.cfg clouds started working again

OBJECT
	{
		name = Duna-Aurora
		body = Duna
		altitude = 7200
		killBodyRotation = True
		detailSpeed = 100,3000,0
		speed = 0,150,0
		settings
		{
			_DetailScale = 6
			_DetailDist = 4E-07
			_UVNoiseScale = 0.5
			_UVNoiseStrength = 0.05
			_MainTex
			{
			}
			_DetailTex
			{
			}
		}
		layer2D
		{
			macroCloudMaterial
			{
			}
		}
	}
	OBJECT
	{
		name = Jool-Aurora
		body = Jool
		altitude = 27000
		speed = 0,-5000,0
		detailSpeed = 50,150,0
		killBodyRotation = True
		offset = 180,0,0
		settings
		{
			_DetailScale = 2
			_Color = 250,250,999999,100
			_DetailDist = 1E-07
			_UVNoiseScale = 0.5
			_UVNoiseStrength = 0.05
			_MainTex
			{
			}
			_DetailTex
			{
			}
		}
		layer2D
		{
			macroCloudMaterial
			{
			}
		}
	}

Also it this the included skybox?

HBvVUVG.png

Because I still get

Load(Texture): AstronomersVisualPack/EVE/CityLights/Textures/detail
Image type of Uncompressed_GreyScale is not supported.
Cannot create texture: No color data present
Texture load error in 'C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Kerbal Space Program\GameData\AstronomersVisualPack\EVE\CityLights\Textures\detail.tga'

[EVE PQSManagerClass]: KSPRC/pqs/PQS_MANAGER
[EVE PQSManagerClass]: Unable to parse config node:
Jool
{
	deactivateDistance = 175000
}
EVEManager: Issue loading PQSManagerClass! Error:
  at PQSManager.PQSManagerClass.ApplyConfigNode (.ConfigNode node) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at EVEManager.GenericEVEManager`1[PQSManager.PQSWrapper].StaticSetup () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 

NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
  at CelestialShadows.LocalShadowComponent.OnPreCull () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
(Filename:  Line: -1)
[Scatterer] Volumetric clouds error on planet: KerbinSystem.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object

NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
  at CelestialShadows.LocalShadowComponent.OnPreCull () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
(Filename:  Line: -1)
HighlightingSystem : Framebuffer depth data is not available and can't be used to occlude highlighting. Highlighting occluders enabled.

UPDATE: what, I only have 3 planets in game :/

UPDATE #2: ok let's do this by steps

- vanilla game, all planets :)
 -  add from ckan, everything works
     * Chatterer 0.9.93
     * Kopernicus Planetary System Modifier 2:release-1.3.0-4
     * Module Manager 2.8.1
     * TextureReplacer v2.6.0
     * ModularFlightIntegrator 1.2.4.0
 - install from thread in order:
     * eve
     * scatterer
     * DOE
     * KSPRC folder without athmospheres and citylights
     * AVP + textures

so still at starting point, no clouds, probably due config errors, no skybox, only eve, kerbin and jool after last step

UPDATE #3: removing KSPRC folder gives back clouds and all planets, still no AVP skybox

UPDATE #4: skybox works after installing TextureReplacerReplaced, @themaster401 the link is right on github's readme but wrong in OP, still no way to have KSPRC work with clouds

Edited by alex88

21 hours ago, themaster401 said:

Did you install the textures? Check if there's a Textures folder within AstronomersVisualPack.

I have no leads here, a KSP.log would be nice.

Sorry that im so late but i never knew how to install the textures until i clicked every possible button on github and found "branches" - sorry im just bad with github and thank you

It worked thank you so much :D

On 8/10/2017 at 7:35 AM, SmashBrown said:

Thank you very much for this revival @themaster401. Do you perhaps know how to get @Proot's texture working for the head's and suits in the new texture replacer however?

You may have already figured this out, but if you use the old texture replacer and copy the files from AVP > Skybox over to texture replacer > default you should be able to get both any of the KSPRC textures working you want while still maintaining the skybox.

Note that I haven't installed any of the KSPRC textures just yet, but I have gotten the skybox used in AVP working with (what I'm 99% sure is) the old texture replacer this way.

//	OBJECT
//	{
//		name = Jool-Aurora
//		body = Jool
//		altitude = 27000
//		killBodyRotation = True
//		detailSpeed = 50,150,0
//		speed = 0,-5000,0
//		offset = 180,0,0
//		settings
//		{
//			_DetailScale = 2
//			_Color = 250,250,999999,100
//			_DetailDist = 1E-07
//			_UVNoiseTex = AstronomersVisualPack/EVE/Textures/uvnoise1
//			_UVNoiseScale = 0.5
//			_UVNoiseStrength = 0.05
//			_UVNoiseAnimation = 0.05,0.02
//			_MainTex
//			{
//				value = AstronomersVisualPack/EVE/Textures/aurora1
//			}
//			_DetailTex
//			{
//				value = AstronomersVisualPack/EVE/Textures/detailAurora
//			}
//		}
//		layer2D
//		{
//			macroCloudMaterial
//			{
//			}
//		}
//	}

Removing this from aurora.cfg brings back clouds on all planets except Jool of course. Otherwise all clouds disappear.

So it's either removing KSPRC all together or removing clouds from Jool at the moment for me.

4 hours ago, gietek said:

//	OBJECT
//	{
//		name = Jool-Aurora
//		body = Jool
//		altitude = 27000
//		killBodyRotation = True
//		detailSpeed = 50,150,0
//		speed = 0,-5000,0
//		offset = 180,0,0
//		settings
//		{
//			_DetailScale = 2
//			_Color = 250,250,999999,100
//			_DetailDist = 1E-07
//			_UVNoiseTex = AstronomersVisualPack/EVE/Textures/uvnoise1
//			_UVNoiseScale = 0.5
//			_UVNoiseStrength = 0.05
//			_UVNoiseAnimation = 0.05,0.02
//			_MainTex
//			{
//				value = AstronomersVisualPack/EVE/Textures/aurora1
//			}
//			_DetailTex
//			{
//				value = AstronomersVisualPack/EVE/Textures/detailAurora
//			}
//		}
//		layer2D
//		{
//			macroCloudMaterial
//			{
//			}
//		}
//	}

Removing this from aurora.cfg brings back clouds on all planets except Jool of course. Otherwise all clouds disappear.

So it's either removing KSPRC all together or removing clouds from Jool at the moment for me.

I think it's because KSPRC messes with planets so the EVE configuration references bodies that aren't there

22 hours ago, The-Doctor said:

Oh wow this looks amazing, is that sunflare in it along with that skybox? Wow, can I get a pic of that skybox to see it properly?

Here are a few images I took from a mission I'm running right now. Kind of hard to show off the whole thing, but this should give a general idea.

VNmtev2.png9WqK46H.pngiCNRuw9.png

1 hour ago, The-Doctor said:

Is that a nuclear reactor attached?

No. It's 4x small com sats for my minmus network. It looks a little funky because due to some glitch/mod conflict (or maybe setting I don't know about) the truss/interstage stuff for the default fairings don't work. So I'm using procedural fairings and their interstage nodes work for attachment/stacking, but you don't get the nice truss.

• 2 weeks later...
2 minutes ago, waterlubber said:

I think SVT is actually compatible with this mod. I dropped it in the GameData folder and it APPEARS to be working -- ironically, KSPRC doesn't.

Yes, svt will work with any mod that doesn't touch ground textures. KSPRC should work too though. It can be a hassle to install though

50 minutes ago, Galileo said:

Yes, svt will work with any mod that doesn't touch ground textures. KSPRC should work too though. It can be a hassle to install though

Well docs says to just install it and remove two folders, but seems it's not enough

5 hours ago, Simog said:

Hi
When I try to make the update to 3.53 in ckan i get this error:

Module scatterer required but not listed in the index, or not available for your version of KSP

Scatterer, of course, is already installed.

Same thing here.  Then i removed AVP, EVE, Scatterer thinking maybe there was a dependency change or just CKAN funkyness.  Now the main AVP module is missing from the 1.3 compatible list in CKAN and cant be installed.  I asked theMaster401 in the KSP discord and he said its a problem in CKAN and there is nothing he can do.  

6 hours ago, terminalmonky said:

Same thing here.  Then i removed AVP, EVE, Scatterer thinking maybe there was a dependency change or just CKAN funkyness.  Now the main AVP module is missing from the 1.3 compatible list in CKAN and cant be installed.  I asked theMaster401 in the KSP discord and he said its a problem in CKAN and there is nothing he can do.  

Thanks. Then, I return to manual installation :-) 

Today I installed some visual enhancement mods to upgrade the visuals of my KSP install. I installed the following mods:

- Stock Visual Enhancements
- Stock Visual Terrain
- Astronomer's Visual Pack
- EVE
- KSPRC
- Kopernicus

Now, is there any benefit of installing both SVE and AVP? Or is it recommended to just use one of the two?

I've also run into two issues:
- Is it normal that I can see the curvature of a planet through the clouds while in orbit? I guess the cloud layer is placed on top of the atmosphere?
- Looking through a window from inside results in seeing a grey box (video). Any info on that issue?

Note: this post was also posted in the SVE's thread.