[KSP 1.12.3] Astronomer's Visual Pack - Beyond (v4.13 - July 17th, 2022)

themaster401

Thank you for your advice @Burning Kan , that helped and solved it!

However, I think there are some missing or non running textures on my game : planets and moons ground textures. Because pictures are always more obvious than words, check the difference :

Before KSP update :

https://nextcloud.wastel.fr/index.php/apps/gallery/s/riqgrWBRiy42338 (Minmus)

https://nextcloud.wastel.fr/index.php/apps/gallery/s/zDdx4tkJyPEGb4n (Duna)

After KSP update :

https://nextcloud.wastel.fr/index.php/apps/gallery/s/QXXzgLHMX273Wbd (Minmus)

https://nextcloud.wastel.fr/index.php/apps/gallery/s/RLmYMspdM44EPr5 (Duna)

I tried to reinstall AVP entirely of course (except TextureReplacer that I changed for Drop-In Replacement Texture), and Kopernicus aswell, because the game's new update seems to hate it, tells me to disable it and not open my savegame with this mod (I tried to download the newest version of Kopernicus on their page), but it doesn't seem to change anything.

What am I doing wrong here ? Also, which mod in the pack takes care of the ground textures ? I may try to find a solution if I know which mod is concerned here.

Thanks!

Edited by Wastel

Thats a huge different, first D.I.R.T isnt 1.5x ready now as the number shows, 2) have u tried with AVP only(+Depencies) and that work?

its just for the skybox replacement -so lightweight. u can also change the suit but then all have the same.so no multi texture change just one,same for parts AFAIK

dont think its possible to change the ground textures with dirt/nor that DIRT have something to do with your bug ,hey but show me iam wrong

next step if its not already happend 2)

when it comes out its from DIRT i would wait till 1.5.x support then look again,if its still exist,in DIRT thread a log post

here look self, dont got much time right now sryhttps://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/index.php?/topic/172055-143-drop-in-replacement-textures-v1430/&page=4

and if iam right TR or/andTRR is uptodate for 1.5.1 edited:i was right!

Edited by Burning Kan

DIRT isn't related to this problem, this is for sure. I tried with and without the mod, still the same.

I have indeed tried with only AVP + dependencies, and that didn't do the trick.

You were right about Texture Replacer, so I reinstalled it and have no framerate issue anymore.  Yay!

However, I still have this texture issue. Do you know which mod puts those textures in the game exactly? I don't understand how an update could break texture mod, the textures are just the same.

49 minutes ago, Wastel said:

DIRT isn't related to this problem, this is for sure. I tried with and without the mod, still the same.

I have indeed tried with only AVP + dependencies, and that didn't do the trick.

You were right about Texture Replacer, so I reinstalled it and have no framerate issue anymore.  Yay!

However, I still have this texture issue. Do you know which mod puts those textures in the game exactly? I don't understand how an update could break texture mod, the textures are just the same.

I'm not entirely sure but are you using SVT (Stock Visual Terrain)? I know that has to work with Kopernicus and I'm not sure if they work for the newest update to KSP.

1 hour ago, SpaceFox25 said:

I'm not entirely sure but are you using SVT (Stock Visual Terrain)? I know that has to work with Kopernicus and I'm not sure if they work for the newest update to KSP.

Nope, I don't use SVT. Even though it is known to be compatible with AVP, I wanted to have an installation as "clean" as possible, with only the required mods, dependencies, and recommended mods (except 43k clouds).

Edited by Wastel
typo

Kopernicus was updated to 1.5, but not to 1.5.1, but should be soon, according to the author. I was scratching my head at first until i noticed it (since Kopernicus updated to 1.5 the -day- Squad hotfixed to 1.5.1, which was super unlucky for the Kopernicus dev.)

Edited by Stevie_D

18 hours ago, Galileo said:

Then install it manually?

ok, got it all installed, looks great.....but i have no clouds now.

ok, got my clouds back, but theirs these weird light flickers all over my sky, most notable on the night side of a planet.

Edited by putnamto

On 10/28/2018 at 6:27 PM, putnamto said:

ok, got it all installed, looks great.....but i have no clouds now.

ok, got my clouds back, but theirs these weird light flickers all over my sky, most notable on the night side of a planet.

You mean the lightning? Last night at the KSC, I was getting ready to launch and I look off to the East. There was a lot of cloud cover and it was late evening I think. But there was this storm off in the distance and I could see the lightning and it looked amazing. Seen some great stuff from orbit as well.

23 minutes ago, The-Doctor said:

@themaster401 please assist

If you are trying to add this to 5.1.1 ......... its saying that because not all of the dependencies have been updated just yet. You will have to do a manual install if you want it right now. At least, that is what I done.

Edited by Kevin Kyle

On 10/30/2018 at 11:26 AM, Kevin Kyle said:

You mean the lightning? Last night at the KSC, I was getting ready to launch and I look off to the East. There was a lot of cloud cover and it was late evening I think. But there was this storm off in the distance and I could see the lightning and it looked amazing. Seen some great stuff from orbit as well.

ok, i understand, but is their any way to disable it? or lower its frequency? when im on the night time side of hte planet in orbit it looks like WW3 is going on down their.

oh and also theirs this weird anomoly that messes with kerbins clouds on the main menu, its almost as if the part of the planet closest to the screen is cutting through the cloud layer.

Ya. I noticed that it was over the top at times. I was thinking it needed to be at least half the frequency that it currently is, maybe less and slowed down a good bit.

I dont have the anomaly in the main screen that you have. The only problems I know for sure is the usual coming back to the space center and it being underwater or sometimes its just black ( underwater at night? ) which has been going on forever. Im sure there are other things too as not everything has been updated yet. But, all in all, its working pretty well for me.

Oh, and I dont know how to disable the lightning or even if it can be.

This mod looks awesome! Does anybody know if there are any relevant configs for the outer planets mod that work with the Astronomer's visual pack?
I think there were cloud configurations for the outer planets that worked for the old astronomer's visual pack and EVE, but I am guessing these will no longer
work correctly.

i downloaded astronomers visual pack, and it says you need to get a texture file, so i got the 2k texture

AstronomersVisualPack>EVE now inside of eve their was a bunch of .cfg files.

the 2k texture folder had
AstronomersVisualPack>EVE>Textures.

so i moved the textures folder from the 2k texture download into the EVE folder inside of the AstronomersVisualPack folder.

so now it looks like KSP>gamedata>AstronomersVisualPack>EVE>textures

did i do this correctly?

order of events in my brain
download AVP, TextureReplacer, and EnvironmentalVisualEnhancements
move those to my gamedata folder
download AVP_2kTextures
move the texture folder from the EVE folder inside of AVP_2kTextures into The EVE folder that was inside of the AstronomersVisualPack?

12 minutes ago, putnamto said:

i downloaded astronomers visual pack, and it says you need to get a texture file, so i got the 2k texture

AstronomersVisualPack>EVE now inside of eve their was a bunch of .cfg files.

the 2k texture folder had
AstronomersVisualPack>EVE>Textures.

so i moved the textures folder from the 2k texture download into the EVE folder inside of the AstronomersVisualPack folder.

so now it looks like KSP>gamedata>AstronomersVisualPack>EVE>textures

did i do this correctly?

order of events in my brain
download AVP, TextureReplacer, and EnvironmentalVisualEnhancements
move those to my gamedata folder
download AVP_2kTextures
move the texture folder from the EVE folder inside of AVP_2kTextures into The EVE folder that was inside of the AstronomersVisualPack?

Have you remove the Boulder Co dir from GameData? These are default cloud config of EVE, not necessary with AVP (and probably causing conflict).

Edited by Simog