[KSP 1.12.3] Astronomer's Visual Pack - Beyond (v4.13 - July 17th, 2022)

themaster401

On 5/20/2017 at 8:25 PM, themaster401 said:

Features

- All features present in the original AVP. (I have barely added any of my own touches, mostly irrelevant config tweaks.)

• 8k Kerbin clouds
  • Bioluminescent clouds for Laythe
  • 7 8k cloud layers for Jool
  • Glow for all non-atmospheric bodies where relevant
  • 8k auroras
  • Sandstorms and surface dust
  • Snow on Kerbin, Duna, and Laythe
  • Lightning on Eve, Kerbin, Duna, and Laythe
  • 4k custom skybox by Astronomer
  • Optional compatiblity with KSPRC textures
  • High-res volumetric clouds
  • Compatiblity with most other cloud packs.
4 minutes ago, Gordon Dry said:

You included a skybox.

You should mention that in the OP so that ppl who use a custom skybox don't get confused.

4th item from the bottom, you should read the OP so ppl don't get annoyed.

56 minutes ago, TheRagingIrishman said:

4th item from the bottom, you should read the OP so ppl don't get annoyed.

Sorry, but I read this in the OP:

Edited July 15 by themaster401

How come that this was edited two weeks ago but the skybox was added with the newest release a couple of hours ago?

So yes - confusion.

18 minutes ago, Gordon Dry said:

Sorry, but I read this in the OP:

How come that this was edited two weeks ago but the skybox was added with the newest release a couple of hours ago?

So yes - confusion.

The skybox was in there from day one in the TextureReplacer or TextureReplacerReplaced folder and is only now external due to a TextureReplacerReplaced update smh look closer

Edited by themaster401

Perhaps I confused it because I have my archives separated, so TRR is not inside the AVP folder, but a text file that lists all dependencies.
This is to have always the newest and compatible version of a mod and only one instance of it.

I also have a separate archive for skyboxes, one for sunflares etc. pp.

Sorry to bother you with losing the golden thread in this case.

Spoiler

S5lNswn.png

Edited by Gordon Dry

With the 3.5, the clouds (Excellent textures) seem a little lighter to handle... I earned a few FPS so, great.)

Perhaps the shadow that they project is a little too dark when they project it on the vessel, it becomes completely black, as if it were night.

Blind Landing:
yS3CAAhi.png

Edited by Simog

Hi AVP dev. I just need a little help on installing this mod for 1.3. When I install it the great effects don't appear "only the city lights appear" I install the recommended mods but I only see the Jool effects and not the other planet effects. If you could send in a download of a fixed version for 1.3 and only AVP please. Thanks very much if you can fix the issue. 

-Trekking Aerospace [Trekkie148 "Youtube"]

6 minutes ago, Trekkie148 said:

Hi AVP dev. I just need a little help on installing this mod for 1.3. When I install it the great effects don't appear "only the city lights appear" I install the recommended mods but I only see the Jool effects and not the other planet effects. If you could send in a download of a fixed version for 1.3 and only AVP please. Thanks very much if you can fix the issue. 

-Trekking Aerospace [Trekkie148 "Youtube"]

Make sure you follow all the instructions on the GitHub download, which involves downloading EnvironmentalVisualEnhancements, AVP-Textures, scatterer, and ModuleManager for basic functionality.

7 hours ago, Simog said:
With the 3.5, the clouds (Excellent textures) seem a little lighter to handle... I earned a few FPS so, great.)

Perhaps the shadow that they project is a little too dark when they project it on the vessel, it becomes completely black, as if it were night.

Blind Landing

If you've never encountered a storm where it nearly went completely dark, you need to visit tornado alley for a week or two during storm season.

18 minutes ago, sharpspoonful said:

@themaster401 There seems to be an issue with the CKAN install. After loading in, no textures load for the sea or air. I checked the EVE tool, and it is saying there are name mismatches.I'll post some screenshots.

Looks like scatterer is missing it's textures.

Woops, I thought CKAN scatterer would just give a list of scatterer configs for the user to choose from or even just install the normal scatterer configs. A manual install of scatterer should allow CKAN's AVP to function in the meantime. Will fix up the CKAN entry tomorrow!

Edit: Two of my test subjects also had this occur and were using OPM. Incompatibilty?

Edited by themaster401

12 minutes ago, SpaceCube2000 said:

Has the CKAN install been fixed? 

The only thing wrong with the CKAN installation when I tried it was that scatterer wasn't automatically installed, but nonetheless everything worked fine (scatterer could be installed normally through CKAN afterwards and boom, the entirety of the mod is there.)

I'm currently waiting on the CKAN archive to pull in the updates I made to AVP's CKAN entry.

13 hours ago, themaster401 said:

The only thing wrong with the CKAN installation when I tried it was that scatterer wasn't automatically installed, but nonetheless everything worked fine (scatterer could be installed normally through CKAN afterwards and boom, the entirety of the mod is there.)

I'm currently waiting on the CKAN archive to pull in the updates I made to AVP's CKAN entry.

Okay. 

I'm having trouble getting this mod to work with KSPRC. I am on Linux 64-Bit and installing Astronmer's via CKAN. I also have other mods (mainly part mods) and Pood's skybox installed, but none of them interface with these mods.

When I install from CKAN, the mod works fine and I see clouds on the Main Menu and in game. All functions seem to work as expected (there is some odd coloring of the grass at the KSC if you look at it from a low angle, I'm assuming this is because of KSP's dual camera implementation). When I install KSPRC as instructed to in the Github (dragging the KSPRC folder into GameData, and none of the others, and then removing the proper folders ("Atmosphere" and "Citylights".

The KSPRC I installed is downloaded from the forums/curse/spacedock, as it is not available on CKAN. I am using 1.3.

Github in question: https://github.com/themaster402/AstronomersVisualPack
List of mods in my GameData: https://hastebin.com/anifaveyec
File Tree of GameData: https://hastebin.com/qevanilise.css
CKAN File, text form: https://hastebin.com/kigogudaxi.json

I would also provide the player.log but it's big enough that it bugs out my clipboard when copied as text, so I can't put it on pastebin. I can put it on Dropbox or something on request, however.

Any help would be appreciated, I really want to get this working.

15 minutes ago, waterlubber said:

I'm having trouble getting this mod to work with KSPRC. I am on Linux 64-Bit and installing Astronmer's via CKAN. I also have other mods (mainly part mods) and Pood's skybox installed, but none of them interface with these mods.

When I install from CKAN, the mod works fine and I see clouds on the Main Menu and in game. All functions seem to work as expected (there is some odd coloring of the grass at the KSC if you look at it from a low angle, I'm assuming this is because of KSP's dual camera implementation). When I install KSPRC as instructed to in the Github (dragging the KSPRC folder into GameData, and none of the others, and then removing the proper folders ("Atmosphere" and "Citylights".

The KSPRC I installed is downloaded from the forums/curse/spacedock, as it is not available on CKAN. I am using 1.3.

Github in question: https://github.com/themaster402/AstronomersVisualPack
List of mods in my GameData: https://hastebin.com/anifaveyec
File Tree of GameData: https://hastebin.com/qevanilise.css
CKAN File, text form: https://hastebin.com/kigogudaxi.json

I would also provide the player.log but it's big enough that it bugs out my clipboard when copied as text, so I can't put it on pastebin. I can put it on Dropbox or something on request, however.

Any help would be appreciated, I really want to get this working.

Firstly, thank you for all the data you immediately sent with the reply. It's quite convenient and useful for me :D

I don't exactly understand the issue here. Is it that your other mods are incompatible with AVP? Or does KSPRC break compatibility? I've never tried AVP on Linux myself, let alone KSP, so I'm mostly oblivious to how it performs on the platform. 

I've looked through all given text links, there's no issue that I'm aware of among them. Perhaps an example of the issue with a screenshot would help?

1 minute ago, themaster401 said:

Firstly, thank you for all the data you immediately sent with the reply. It's quite convenient and useful for me :D

I don't exactly understand the issue here. Is it that your other mods are incompatible with AVP? Or does KSPRC break compatibility? I've never tried AVP on Linux myself, let alone KSP, so I'm mostly oblivious to how it performs on the platform. 

I've looked through all given text links, there's no issue that I'm aware of among them. Perhaps an example of the issue with a screenshot would help?

Sorry, I was so focused on provided debug materials that I forgot to clarify on the issue: EVE doesn't work, it only shows auroras. Clouds and stuff don't render at all.

2 minutes ago, waterlubber said:

Sorry, I was so focused on provided debug materials that I forgot to clarify on the issue: EVE doesn't work, it only shows auroras. Clouds and stuff don't render at all.

Odd, the first fact that comes to mind is that aurora.cfg is the first of the cloud configuration files, which means there may be a syntax error or problem that doesn't allow the rest of the configs to load. In this case, the KSP.log would be quite helpful.

Edited by themaster401

13 minutes ago, themaster401 said:

Odd, the first fact that comes to mind is that aurora.cfg is the first of the cloud configuration files, which means there may be a syntax error or problem that doesn't allow the rest of the configs to load. In this case, the KSP.log would be quite helpful.

I'm loading the game with KSPRC reinstalled as I typed this (I removed it while I was playing so I could witness the clouds) and I'd also like to mention that the CKAN installation does not do scatterer automatically, I had to manually install it from CKAN. Not sure if bug or feature.

Even on an SSD, the game takes some time to load because I have a lot of mods and a mediocre, low energy, sad CPU.

KSP.log: https://mega.nz/#!iAIQxKCB!1dRxa5VOTNR0c6yY5Hd5yVD1bXRYAhQiItlQ20gZmG8
Player.log, compressed from 7MB to a few hundred kB: https://mega.nz/#!vUI2UR5J!wRSg47SR1g1paTWj49RM32CHE723j2PtfkKPXdeF2VY

Edited by waterlubber

13 minutes ago, waterlubber said:

I'm loading the game with KSPRC reinstalled as I typed this (I removed it while I was playing so I could witness the clouds) and I'd also like to mention that the CKAN installation does not do scatterer automatically, I had to manually install it from CKAN. Not sure if bug or feature.

Even on an SSD, the game takes some time to load because I have a lot of mods and a mediocre, low energy, sad CPU.

Player.log, compressed from 7MB to a few hundred kB: https://mega.nz/#!vUI2UR5J!wRSg47SR1g1paTWj49RM32CHE723j2PtfkKPXdeF2VY

I'm so confused. The EVE error report in the log displays the entry for Duna's aurorae backwards, which is likely the syntax issue. Of course, I've confirmed that the syntax issue is not apparent in the latest update.

Since I am away from home right now, try this:

Go to <KSP>/GameData/AstronomersVisualPack/EVE/aurora.cfg and replace the second OBJECT{...} with:

Spoiler

OBJECT
    {
        name = Duna-Aurora
        body = Duna
        altitude = 7200
        killBodyRotation = True
        detailSpeed = 100,3000,0
        speed = 0,150,0
        settings
        {
            _DetailScale = 6
            _DetailDist = 4E-07
            _UVNoiseTex = AstronomersVisualPack/EVE/Textures/uvnoise1
            _UVNoiseScale = 0.5
            _UVNoiseStrength = 0.05
            _UVNoiseAnimation = 0.05,0.02
            _MainTex
            {
                value = AstronomersVisualPack/EVE/Textures/aurora1
            }
            _DetailTex
            {
                value = AstronomersVisualPack/EVE/Textures/detailAurora
            }
        }
        layer2D
        {
            macroCloudMaterial
            {
            }
        }
    }

2 minutes ago, themaster401 said:

I'm so confused. The EVE error report in the log displays the entry for Duna's aurorae backwards, which is likely the syntax issue. Of course, I've confirmed that the syntax issue is not apparent in the latest update.

Since I am away from home right now, try this:

Go to <KSP>/GameData/AstronomersVisualPack/EVE/aurora.cfg and replace the second OBJECT{...} with:

Hide contents

OBJECT
    {
        name = Duna-Aurora
        body = Duna
        altitude = 7200
        killBodyRotation = True
        detailSpeed = 100,3000,0
        speed = 0,150,0
        settings
        {
            _DetailScale = 6
            _DetailDist = 4E-07
            _UVNoiseTex = AstronomersVisualPack/EVE/Textures/uvnoise1
            _UVNoiseScale = 0.5
            _UVNoiseStrength = 0.05
            _UVNoiseAnimation = 0.05,0.02
            _MainTex
            {
                value = AstronomersVisualPack/EVE/Textures/aurora1
            }
            _DetailTex
            {
                value = AstronomersVisualPack/EVE/Textures/detailAurora
            }
        }
        layer2D
        {
            macroCloudMaterial
            {
            }
        }
    }

I changed it out, it didn't seem to work. I have Scatterer set to integrate with EVE, but I don't remember it working set to draw on top, either...

Also, now Duna doesn't exist.

Just now, waterlubber said:

I changed it out, it didn't seem to work. I have Scatterer set to integrate with EVE, but I don't remember it working set to draw on top, either...

Also, now Duna doesn't exist.

Yeah, that definitely should not occur upon modifying cloud configs. Assuming now that it might be some difference in the Linux version of KSP, the OS itself, or some unknown incompatiblity. I'll look into it further when I get home.

In the meantime, it would be a good idea to confirm if the problem is AVP or just EVE itself. Try using the default EVE configs, or another set of visuals.

7 minutes ago, themaster401 said:

Yeah, that definitely should not occur upon modifying cloud configs. Assuming now that it might be some difference in the Linux version of KSP, the OS itself, or some unknown incompatiblity. I'll look into it further when I get home.

In the meantime, it would be a good idea to confirm if the problem is AVP or just EVE itself. Try using the default EVE configs, or another set of visuals.

I tested with the stock EVE configs installed via CKAN and there are clouds. However, Duna is still missing...I don't know what that config file did, but I like Duna and would like it back :(