[KSP 1.12.3] Astronomer's Visual Pack - Beyond (v4.13 - July 17th, 2022)

themaster401

1 hour ago, Galileo said:

Both of those things are easily explained: 

the double city lights is a long time bug in EVE. No fix for it. Just deal with it.

the difference in color on the mountains is because the cloud layers are too low, and moving through the mountains.

Yes for the city i already saw that, i just forgot

6 hours ago, Speadge said:

hi,

just wondering: do i need "AVP-Textures" when using it along with KSPRC? wouldnt it be redundant?

Does it load "too much", if i use both at the same time?

"AVP-Textures" are only cloud textures, and are designed to be fully compatible with other visual packs. Here, you only want everything in KSPRC except Atmosphere and CityLights, which AVP already provides.

Otherwise, there's no such thing as loading too much, unless your RAM is not sufficient.

• 2 weeks later...

First of all, I'm an idiot! 

Secondly, is there a step by step install tutorial video somewhere (including KSPRC install ) for this mod. I understand this is basic stuff for most on here but not so much for myself.

Appreciate it if someone could point me in the direction of said video if it exists.

Cheers

Idiot

Edited by DeadJoe

1 hour ago, DeadJoe said:

First of all, I'm an idiot! 

Secondly, is there a step by step install tutorial video somewhere (including KSPRC install ) for this mod. I understand this is basic stuff for most on here but not so much for myself.

Appreciate it if someone could point me in the direction of said video if it exists.

Cheers

Idiot

Ahah, upon seeing this comment I thought it was a rant about the mod. C'mon man, we've all started out at the idiot stage! Anyways, here's a video that basically demonstrates how to install KSP mods.

1 hour ago, themaster401 said:

Ahah, upon seeing this comment I thought it was a rant about the mod. C'mon man, we've all started out at the idiot stage! Anyways, here's a video that basically demonstrates how to install KSP mods.

Haha, nah no rant mate. Just been away from the game for a few years and forgotten how to kerbal.

Thanks for that, will check it out and try to restore some dignity later tonight 

Much appreciated

3 hours ago, DeadJoe said:

Hey tom, getting exacly the same thing. Did you find a reason for it?

This is an issue with TextureReplacer. If you scavenge the last pages of TextureReplacer's forum thread, you can find a 1.3 fix.

5 hours ago, themaster401 said:

This is an issue with TextureReplacer. If you scavenge the last pages of TextureReplacer's forum thread, you can find a 1.3 fix.

Thanks again bud, pack looks fantastic. Nice job to you and the modders involved

Hello all, download links will be removed hopefully until tomorrow (if I don't remember someone hammer me in the head through DMs).

I must clean up some textures from other mods that snuck into here.

I advise that you all update tomorrow.

6 hours ago, Starfire70 said:

I love the lightning, but is there a place in a config file to lower the frequency, say to half of what it is?
Also I was passing the terminator and my jaw just fell to the floor...:o

hjvJjb1.jpg

Don't think you could actually lower the frequency at which it happens without literally erasing some of the lightning texture LOL. You could try finding the lightning nodes in "clouds.cfg" and turn down their detailspeed.

New update today.

Astronomer's Visual Pack 3.2 "Indivi-duality"

- Hopefully now there's no textures from packs other than the original AVPs and stock EVE, as well as my own textures.
- New snow particle.
- New rgb texture.
- New geyser textures.
- New aurora detail.
- New citylights.

- Tweaks and fixes.

Hey all, lately I've been seeing that visual mods that use cubemaps in place of traditional cloudmaps are blessed with better performance. Now, of course if there weren't any drawbacks I'd go ahead and whip up the cubemaps right now, but unfortunately the process of doing so would make it incredibly annoying to update and/or change textures.

So here's the choice. Do you all really want a less modular, yet less laggier AVP? Or shall I cease looking into the possibility.

8 minutes ago, themaster401 said:

Hey all, lately I've been seeing that visual mods that use cubemaps in place of traditional cloudmaps are blessed with better performance. Now, of course if there weren't any drawbacks I'd go ahead and whip up the cubemaps right now, but unfortunately the process of doing so would make it incredibly annoying to update and/or change textures.

So here's the choice. Do you all really want a less modular, yet less laggier AVP? Or shall I cease looking into the possibility.

Cube maps don't help with performance much. Maybe a little, but nothing to get excited over. What they are good for is download size because you can have up to 4 textures loaded into 1 cube map.

What your pack can benefit from is saving all of the textures in DDS format. Currently, most of your textures are PNG which will store themselves on the ram, which does hurt performance. DDS does not cache on the ram, and can really help performance if you have a lot of textures, like AVP does. Like I said, the only real benefit is download size. That is why I don't care to make the switch in SVE. No real benefit.

Edited by Galileo