[KSP 1.12.3] Astronomer's Visual Pack - Beyond (v4.13 - July 17th, 2022)

themaster401

33 minutes ago, Deplaisant said:

It's seems to be ok but the game doesn't start, nothing is happening while loading gauge's full, no crash, no starting game

Screenshots, KSP.log would be helpful. I legitimately cannot identify any problem from this photo.

On 2/7/2017 at 9:03 PM, Simog said:

Gcp04y6v.png

c55I5gEf.png

If you like the ones I've already posted, you can add Without problems ...
The first, I think is more suitable.... the second I do not know... I leave you the choice.
Edited by Simog

24 minutes ago, HardZiin03 said:

Hello Master401, today i instaled the Astronomer's Pack, and when i was testing it i saw a bug, in the night sky, it look like thunders in the sky.

Take a look: 

Please help me, thank you.

That's literally intentional thunder in the sky LOL. It's part of the pack.

If you want to remove it, do it through the EVE GUI in the Tracking Station.

Dropping a sudden major update.

Astronomer's Visual Pack - v3.4 "Universality"

- Now using the latest as a dependency (PLEASE UPDATE YOUR CURRENT SCATTERER TO THIS VERSION USING THIS LINK)

- Tweaked cloud configs for this new scatterer, Jool clouds look more true to the original, Eve clouds enhanced, Kerbin clouds enhanced.

https://github.com/themaster402/AstronomersVisualPack/releases/tag/v3.4

Edited by themaster401

On 6/30/2017 at 8:46 PM, TheKurgan said:

@ctbram

The dependencies on the github page, and the wording "Featuring the mods:" on the opening post really threw me off too, but when I clicked on the LATEST RELEASE on github, and read the dependencies (which have up to date links), everything was smooth from there.

Hope that helps.

Stock Visual Enhancements has a list of dependencies and suggested mods just as long as this one.

Where are the github textures at?  The 2k, 4k, and 8k mentioned in the OP but there is no link to and if you go to the mod download there is only the main mod no options for textures?

It is debatable if SVE has as many dependencies but it is much less confusing to install.  There is no "old version" and "new version" that says get textures from a separate github page then does not give us a link to the page so I have to go on an easter egg hunt.  Yes, I found them but why not put a link where the author says they separate downloads?

14 minutes ago, ctbram said:

Where are the github textures at?  The 2k, 4k, and 8k mentioned in the OP but there is no link to and if you go to the mod download there is only the main mod no options for textures?

It is debatable if SVE has as many dependencies but it is much less confusing to install.  There is no "old version" and "new version" that says get textures from a separate github page then does not give us a link to the page so I have to go on an easter egg hunt.  Yes, I found them but why not put a link where the author says they separate downloads?

The space dock version has the textures with it and the gibhub version show the dependencies you need and points you towards the textures.

10 minutes ago, Notsure_jr said:

The space dock version has the textures with it and the gibhub version show the dependencies you need and points you towards the textures.

I am at the spacedock version right now and see no link to th textures mentioned in the op.  I had to scrub the entire forum to find a damn link to the 2k, 4k, 8k textures. What texture res is included in the spacedock version?  There are no separate files just something installed and no idea what resolution it is!!  You see why people get confused? I failed to take omnipotence 600 in college so I just do not know everything instinctively.

The github page says I "have to" install ksprc but that has not been updated in centuries.

Edited by ctbram

12 minutes ago, ctbram said:

I am at the spacedock version right now and see no link to th textures mentioned in the op.  I had to scrub the entire forum to find a damn link to the 2k, 4k, 8k textures. What texture res is included in the spacedock version?  There are no separate files just something installed and no idea what resolution it is!!  You see why people get confused? I failed to take omnipotence 600 in college so I just do not know everything instinctively.

The github page says I "have to" install ksprc but that has not been updated in centuries.

Spacedock version is 8k textures. I didn't say the spacedocks version has the links, gibhub has the links and here is the link to the textures https://github.com/themaster402/AstronomersVisualPack/releases/tag/v1.2

sAXzgrQ.png

19 minutes ago, ctbram said:

I should clarify this. The SpaceDock download is not modular, comes in a full package with 8k textures already in there. You still have to download the dependencies of EVE and Scatterer there though.

KSPRC works perfectly fine if the latest Kopernicus is installed to the game. You only want the folder "KSPRC" in the .zip, drag and drop that to your GameData, remove the Atmospheres and CityLights folder inside and you got what you need.

2 hours ago, Notsure_jr said:

Spacedock version is 8k textures. I didn't say the spacedocks version has the links, gibhub has the links and here is the link to the textures https://github.com/themaster402/AstronomersVisualPack/releases/tag/v1.2

sAXzgrQ.png

When I click the github link in the first thread this is where it sends me which does not match what you posted so I just keep getting more and more confused...

865pmK0.png

Edited by ctbram

Just now, ctbram said:

When I click the github link in the first thread this is where it sends me which does not match what you posted so I just keep getting more and more confused...

[Imgur](http://i.imgur.com/865pmK0.png)

Click on "Releases".

3 minutes ago, themaster401 said:

Click on "Releases".

3 minutes ago, themaster401 said:

Click on "Release

Where is that link?  I see no link in the first post for "Releases"????  

I see only two links under downloads for Spacedock and Github

Edited by ctbram

5 minutes ago, themaster401 said:

Okay thanks.  Maybe I am retarded  but when I see only two links in the download section I assume that is where you go to download stuff.  I saw no releases link.  Maybe it is buried in other text or I am just a retard.

But I got everything installed now including KSPRC and I have removed the atmophere and city lights folder from it.  

I would like to disable the lightning strikes or maybe just reduce the frequency.  Can you tell me how to do that?

Is it correct that the folder "BoulderCo" (the default EVE configs) also has to be in?

Because in
GameData\AstronomersVisualPack\EVE\CityLights\cityLights.cfg
it says

EVE_CITY_LIGHTS
{
	OBJECT
	{
		body = Kerbin
		cityLightsMaterial
		{
			_CityOverlayTex
			{
				value = BoulderCo/Textures/cube
				type = AlphaCubeMap
				alphaMask = ALPHAMAP_R
			}
			_CityDarkOverlayDetailTex = BoulderCo/CityLights/Textures/detaildark
			_CityLightOverlayDetailTex = BoulderCo/CityLights/Textures/detaillight
		}
	}
}

This is the only file referencing to "BoulderCo".

Or is it a mistake? Because there is a subfolder "textures" where "cityLights.cfg" is...

Usually it's like that BoulderCo has to be removed when another visual pack is installed.

Edit:

I just also recognized that the files
GameData\AstronomersVisualPack\EVE\CityLights\Textures\detaillight.dds
GameData\AstronomersVisualPack\EVE\CityLights\Textures\detaildark.dds

are exacly the same as in "BoulderCo".

Edit:

I changed the GameData\AstronomersVisualPack\EVE\CityLights\cityLights.cfg ingame using the EVE UI to this:

EVE_CITY_LIGHTS
{
	OBJECT
	{
		body = Kerbin
		cityLightsMaterial
		{
			_CityDarkOverlayDetailTex
			{
				value = AstronomersVisualPack/EVE/CityLights/Textures/detaildark
			}
			_CityLightOverlayDetailTex
			{
				value = AstronomersVisualPack/EVE/CityLights/Textures/detaillight
			}
			_CityOverlayTex
			{
				value = AstronomersVisualPack/EVE/CityLights/Textures/main
			}
		}
	}
}

Is that correct?

Edit:

I guess it worked somehow:

Spoiler

O9tnauT.png

Besides that it performs really well on my "semi-potato" - I never have seen it beautyful and somewhat performant WITH scatterer before ...

Spoiler

At 100% physics time ratio I got 15 fps. But I have still to do a launch with many parts to see if it's working well...

HQ0oIGh.png

Edited by Gordon Dry

48 minutes ago, Gordon Dry said:

Is it correct that the folder "BoulderCo" (the default EVE configs) also has to be in?

Because in
it says

EVE_CITY_LIGHTS
{
	OBJECT
	{
		body = Kerbin
		cityLightsMaterial
		{
			_CityOverlayTex
			{
				value = BoulderCo/Textures/cube
				type = AlphaCubeMap
				alphaMask = ALPHAMAP_R
			}
			_CityDarkOverlayDetailTex = BoulderCo/CityLights/Textures/detaildark
			_CityLightOverlayDetailTex = BoulderCo/CityLights/Textures/detaillight
		}
	}
}

This is the only file referencing to "BoulderCo".

Or is it a mistake? Because there is a subfolder "textures" where "cityLights.cfg" is...

Usually it's like that BoulderCo has to be removed when another visual pack is installed.

Edit:

I just also recognized that the files
GameData\AstronomersVisualPack\EVE\CityLights\Textures\detaillight.dds
GameData\AstronomersVisualPack\EVE\CityLights\Textures\detaildark.dds

are exacly the same as in "BoulderCo".

Edit:

I changed the GameData\AstronomersVisualPack\EVE\CityLights\cityLights.cfg ingame using the EVE UI to this:

EVE_CITY_LIGHTS
{
	OBJECT
	{
		body = Kerbin
		cityLightsMaterial
		{
			_CityDarkOverlayDetailTex
			{
				value = AstronomersVisualPack/EVE/CityLights/Textures/detaildark
			}
			_CityLightOverlayDetailTex
			{
				value = AstronomersVisualPack/EVE/CityLights/Textures/detaillight
			}
			_CityOverlayTex
			{
				value = AstronomersVisualPack/EVE/CityLights/Textures/main
			}
		}
	}
}

Is that correct?

Edit:

I guess it worked somehow:

Hide contents

O9tnauT.png

Besides that it performs really well on my "semi-potato" - I never have seen it beautyful and somewhat performant WITH scatterer before ...

Hide contents

At 100% physics time ratio I got 15 fps. But I have still to do a launch with many parts to see if it's working well...

HQ0oIGh.png

I thought I had edited the configs to point to the new citylights sources. Anyways, when I did test the citylights they were overlapping with Kerbin's waters. Is the same happening for you?

okay what did I do wrong?  Why is this my mun texture...?

Ac2XCAL.png

I jumped around and the other moon and planet textures appear correct.

Bug2:  I am getting the old bug where when I am in map mode there is this large circular silhouette making it impossible.  Also return to space center the sky gets inverted so it looks like a negative??  I'll try to grab more images. 

Might be just me but this cake does not seem fully cooked yet.  (

2 hours ago, themaster401 said:

There seems to be an issue regarding Kopernicus with deploying solar panels. It doesn't really matter if you remove Kopernicus, the clouds and atmosphere will stay but you won't have KSPRC's ground textures.

In the "config" folder of Kopernicus, delete the "SolarPanels.cfg" MM patch. This will of course render other energy sources, besides solar, useless. The other option is to read the commented out instructions in SolarPanels.cfg and add a line to each module that you don't want to use Kopernicus solar config.

1 hour ago, themaster401 said:

I thought I had edited the configs to point to the new citylights sources. Anyways, when I did test the citylights they were overlapping with Kerbin's waters. Is the same happening for you?

Yes, there is an alignment issue with the "main.png" file in the release. I think it's inverted, or maybe mirrored upside down. I ended up using the one from SVE.

Edited by leatherneck6017
typo

26 minutes ago, leatherneck6017 said:

In the "config" folder of Kopernicus, delete the "SolarPanels.cfg" MM patch. This will of course render other energy sources, besides solar, useless. The other option is to read the commented out instructions in SolarPanels.cfg and add a line to each module that you don't want to use Kopernicus solar config.

Yes, there is an alignment issue with the "main.png" file in the release. I think it's inverted, or maybe mirrored upside down. I ended up using the one from SVE.

Ah, thanks for the tips. I'll upload a bugfix update tomorrow.