[KSP 1.12.3] Astronomer's Visual Pack - Beyond (v4.13 - July 17th, 2022)

themaster401

12 minutes ago, Notsure_jr said:

I'm trying to use Sunflares of Maar the lens flare works but it's still the stock sun. do I install in the scatter-sunflares in AVP or scatter. I've tried both and they don't seem to work. 

To use a custom sunflare, you must remove AVP's custom sunflare folder "scatterer-sunflare" then manually install your own in the default scatterer folder.

Thanks so much for your hard work on reviving this amazing visual pack! I haven't seen anything beyond Kerbin and the Mun yet in my current game, but here's an album of my favourite screenshots so far:

http://imgur.com/a/PV8ac

I know criticism can be very draining, but I don't think anyone here means to bum you out. We're all in this thread because we want KSP to look the best it can, and people just get a little over zealous sometimes :P

I can't wait to see where your work progresses next, and I'll post some more screenshots once I have more worth posting.

Edited by DBrickShaw

1 hour ago, themaster401 said:

To use a custom sunflare, you must remove AVP's custom sunflare folder "scatterer-sunflare" then manually install your own in the default scatterer folder.

I've gotten it to work on another version of ksp without AVP and I've removing scatter-sunflare and putting it into scatter sunflare folder but again it overlays with the stock sun, it works with other sunflares but not sunflares of maar.

Hi guys, I'm not even sure I am posting in the right thread, or if this is related to AVP's dependencies, but maybe you can help me out anyway.

What is causing Kerbin to have a low-res "City" texture around KSC? I would prefer to leave it as grassy as it was.

Why is there an Aurora on Duna? Assuming that Duna is a Mars analog, it wouldn't have a strong enough magnetic field, and therefor no aurora. Can I turn that off?

Why do the Mun and Minmus have this weird "shine" around them? Is that like a hint of an atmosphere or something?

What are those weird light flashes on Kerbin? Are those glitches, or is that supposed to symbolize lightnings?

Edited by Kobymaru

6 hours ago, Kobymaru said:

Hi guys, I'm not even sure I am posting in the right thread, or if this is related to AVP's dependencies, but maybe you can help me out anyway.

What is causing Kerbin to have a low-res "City" texture around KSC? I would prefer to leave it as grassy as it was.

Why is there an Aurora on Duna? Assuming that Duna is a Mars analog, it wouldn't have a strong enough magnetic field, and therefor no aurora. Can I turn that off?

Why do the Mun and Minmus have this weird "shine" around them? Is that like a hint of an atmosphere or something?

What are those weird light flashes on Kerbin? Are those glitches, or is that supposed to symbolize lightnings?

Delete city textures in Astronomer's Visual Pack>EVE to remove city lights. If you press alt+0 in game you can turn off the Aurora and glows for mun and Minmus in the clouds manager. Those weird flashes are meant to be Lightning.  

7 hours ago, Kobymaru said:

The city lights is simple to solve. In the folder suggested to Notsure there is Main.png this file manage the lights. With a photo editing program  You can delete them from KSC. I did this and it worked

16 hours ago, Kobymaru said:

This is the right thread.

Low-res cities around KSC will hopefully be fixed next update.

I personally think that aurorae on Duna look quite nice, realism was not exactly considered in the making. If you really want to remove aurorae from Duna, go to the Tracking Station, open up the EVE GUI, navigate to Duna's cloud layers and remove Duna-Aurora.

That isn't shine, it's glow. It brightens the faces of both bodies from orbit. Especially with KSPRC textures, both bodies look dead inside otherwise.

That's lightning. I get it, it doesn't look like lightning, it'll be fixed one day.

Astronomer's Visual Pack: v3.43 "Universality"
(a.k.a. the "Please Stop Bothering Me About Certain Features" update.)

- Separated non-cloud features from cloud config i.e. auroras, snow, geysers, lightning, etc. have their own configurations now, making it easy to remove unpreferred features
- Tweaks and fixes

Edited by themaster401

9 hours ago, themaster401 said:

This is the right thread.

Thanks for the answers!

Low-res cities around KSC will hopefully be fixed next update.

I'm ok without the city textures, but I already got a few tips for disabling them.

I personally think that aurorae on Duna look quite nice, realism was not exactly considered in the making. If you really want to remove aurorae from Duna, go to the Tracking Station, open up the EVE GUI, navigate to Duna's cloud layers and remove Duna-Aurora.

Thanks! I understand that sometimes aesthetics trumps realism :) But good to know that it's possible to turn off.

That isn't shine, it's glow. It brightens the faces of both bodies from orbit. Especially with KSPRC textures, both bodies look dead inside otherwise.

Makes sense, I'll leave that on.

That's lightning. I get it, it doesn't look like lightning, it'll be fixed one day.

No worries, it does look like lighting! The only criticism that I have is that it's a bit too frequent and too random. I think it would be even cooler if it's restricted to a few areas on Kerbin (but those areasy are random) and less frequent. But now that I talked about it it does sound hard to implement, so probably better to focus energy elsewhere.

Hello. I don't seem to have any sandstorms on Duna or surface dust on the mun, also I see no snow on Kerbin anywhere. I made a completely fresh install and only included this mod, but it is still the same. Does anyone know why that might be? I haven't edited or changed anything, just installed this mod and its dependencies, nothing else. Everything else like clouds and auroras are there and look great. 

@themaster401 just trying to get all this going, looks amazing so far, was just about to embark upon KSPRC terrain when I noticed that TextureReplacerReplaced was added to the download. Your install instructions on the first page say TextureReplacer is a dependency, I am wondering if the two are compatible?

1 hour ago, selfish_meme said:

@themaster401 just trying to get all this going, looks amazing so far, was just about to embark upon KSPRC terrain when I noticed that TextureReplacerReplaced was added to the download. Your install instructions on the first page say TextureReplacer is a dependency, I am wondering if the two are compatible?

TextureReplacerReplaced is literally a replacement for TextureReplacer, the file structure that comes with the mod is meant for TextureReplacerReplaced. You can still download the usual TextureReplacer 1.3 port and copy the files from the GameData/TextureReplacerReplaced in AVP to the usual GameData/TextureReplacer folder.

4 minutes ago, themaster401 said:

TextureReplacerReplaced is literally a replacement for TextureReplacer, the file structure that comes with the mod is meant for TextureReplacerReplaced. You can still download the usual TextureReplacer 1.3 port and copy the files from the GameData/TextureReplacerReplaced in AVP to the usual GameData/TextureReplacer folder.

Thanks for that, I was mainly letting you know because people might install both because the front page says you need TextureReplacer.

Is the KSRPC install affected by the change?

28 minutes ago, selfish_meme said:

Thanks for that, I was mainly letting you know because people might install both because the front page says you need TextureReplacer.

Is the KSRPC install affected by the change?

Nope. TextureReplacer only manages skyboxes for either mod.

Hi, from the video this already looks amazing, and I am definitely downloading one of the two packs. The problem is, I have no idea what the difference between the two packs is. The video seemed to be showcasing the Interstellar pack, so what would be the difference between that and the Edge of Oblivion pack?

9 minutes ago, TronX33 said:

Hi, from the video this already looks amazing, and I am definitely downloading one of the two packs. The problem is, I have no idea what the difference between the two packs is. The video seemed to be showcasing the Interstellar pack, so what would be the difference between that and the Edge of Oblivion pack?

Interstellar and Edge of Oblivion have been combined into a single pack! The download link is in the OP. This combined version features the best of both versions.

2 hours ago, Piotrburz said:

Do i need whole EVE installation i mean core files and configs?[boulderco]

No! Just the EVE plugin "EnvironmentalVisualEnhancements" is necessary.

2 hours ago, selfish_meme said:

By the time I left this dust? storm on Minmus was getting pretty thick!

Jrigp2H.png

But they got back safely - just

fAIBfVm.png

Great screenshots! Lucky save from the duststorm, Mark Kerman would be much less fortunate being stranded on Minmus :wink:

Thread's been dead for a while. I guess there's nothing left to work on, when I get the inspiration to I'll give Laythe original clouds, as well as replace the detailtexture. For now, I need more suggestions from everyone. What more is there that I can improve on in AVP? What more is there that I can add to such a feature-fledged pack?

Feedback and constructive criticism is always appreciated.

On 7/24/2017 at 2:23 PM, themaster401 said:

Thread's been dead for a while. I guess there's nothing left to work on, when I get the inspiration to I'll give Laythe original clouds, as well as replace the detailtexture. For now, I need more suggestions from everyone. What more is there that I can improve on in AVP? What more is there that I can add to such a feature-fledged pack?

Feedback and constructive criticism is always appreciated.

You mentioned something about adding rain possibly?

Any clues as to how to implement the 'smoothing' of the Minmus texture on areas where the slope is less than ~10 degrees (as it appears on KSPRC)? I posted about it a week or two back.

It looks really cool. I think on the flats it's so smoothed that it almost looks like ice (as it should).

As for Laythe, in KSPRC its clouds were big long latitudinal arcs (much like what is seen for real on Titan). It set it apart from Kerbin's clouds. Any chance of changing Laythe's clouds to that?

Edited by Starfire70