[KSP 1.12.3] Astronomer's Visual Pack - Beyond (v4.13 - July 17th, 2022)

themaster401

1 hour ago, themaster401 said:
  Hide contents

Thank you for all the answers m8!

It's frustrating when you ask like 10 questions and get three answers back, lol.

I have 4GB of VRAM and 16 of regular. I'll shoot for the 4K because I do like to use quite a few part packs and don't want to hog all the RAM on just the environment.  I'm sure even the 4K with all the extras will look good.

I'll try KSPRC because I think the Mun in the trailer looked better than the stock surface enhancements.

The memory leak with EVE was probably from the EVE configs being installed WITH the scatterer configs.....which I understand now to be a no no....

37 minutes ago, JoE Smash said:

Thank you for all the answers m8!

It's frustrating when you ask like 10 questions and get three answers back, lol.

I have 4GB of VRAM and 16 of regular. I'll shoot for the 4K because I do like to use quite a few part packs and don't want to hog all the RAM on just the environment.  I'm sure even the 4K with all the extras will look good.

I'll try KSPRC because I think the Mun in the trailer looked better than the stock surface enhancements.

The memory leak with EVE was probably from the EVE configs being installed WITH the scatterer configs.....which I understand now to be a no no....

Hey there, if you need more help I made these videos to help anyone wanting to install these mods. Check them out if you want and let me know what you think.

The videos are in my signature ↓

22 minutes ago, SpaceFox25 said:

Hey there, if you need more help I made these videos to help anyone wanting to install these mods. Check them out if you want and let me know what you think.

The videos are in my signature ↓

Okay, thanks!

I didn't realize KSPRC was so out of date. Anyone know if it still works with 1.4.5?

I was finally going to update because Kopernicus, B9 part switch, and interstellar fuel core are finally up to date. 

Also KSP 1.4.5 fixed whatever 1.4.4 broke with Kerbal Konstructs and Kerbin side apparently....

I have signatures enabled in settings but I don't see your's m8. Maybe they don't show up on phones?

Edited by JoE Smash

On CKAN it is installing the sunflare with scatterer as a dependancy and there is no way no to not install it without doing a manual install instead (you know how CKAN is....it's all dependancies or nothing at all). Should I just delete that folder and install the JadeOfMaar one after?

KSPRC has a like 456MB 0.5 version and a smaller 0.7 pre-release for version 1.1 of ksp.....I'm assuming I am to use the probably finished 0.5 version that it defaults to....

Does this seriously work with version 1.4.5 of KSP still or should I just use Stock Surface Enhancements because that Dev actually still updates it...?

Edited by JoE Smash

43 minutes ago, JoE Smash said:

On CKAN it is installing the sunflare with scatterer as a dependancy and there is no way no to not install it without doing a manual install instead (you know how CKAN is....it's all dependancies or nothing at all). Should I just delete that folder and install the JadeOfMaar one after?

KSPRC has a like 456MB 0.5 version and a smaller 0.7 pre-release for version 1.1 of ksp.....I'm assuming I am to use the probably finished 0.5 version that it defaults to....

Does this seriously work with version 1.4.5 of KSP still or should I just use Stock Surface Enhancements because that Dev actually still updates it...?

Sorry about that:

Part 1: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eovZLQ2yPVg

Part 2: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QFcx275wQgs

I don't use KSPRC at all

16 minutes ago, SpaceFox25 said:

Sorry about that:

Part 1: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eovZLQ2yPVg

Part 2: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QFcx275wQgs

I don't use KSPRC at all

Well I extracted the 0.5 version of KSPRC because I don't think the 0.7 version was actually finished. I copied just the KSPRC like @themaster401 said and deleted the Atmosphere and city lights folders like he said. I am a little concerned because like I said CKAN threw in scatterer with the scatterer sunflare config, but KSPRC has a "Flareunity" file in assets and a KSPRC_LenseFlare file in the main folder.

I don't have a great feeling about this....lol.

Oh and a sunflare loader.dll in Plugins....

I wish I knew if all that should still be in there....

Well that didn't work. Game looks stock. 

Figuring either KSPRC broke everything because it hasn't been updated since 2016 or the main Astronomer visual pack won't work with KSP 1.4.5 even though Kopernicus has been updated for 1.4.5 already....

So basically I uninstalled my game and 100 mods for no reason whatsoever....

Edited by JoE Smash

Hi again @themaster401,

Ok so I seem to have this working now, however I do have a few issues I am still trying to fix....

This mod seems to be HEAVILY influenced by any settings you may be using with your NVIDIA settings that you may or may not be using to override the games graphics.

I believe I have most things back to application controlled which seems to work best.

If someone with an NVIDIA card has figured out the best application settings for KSP with this mod, I'd love to have a list of them.

Specifically I'm stuck on using or not using GSYNC, vsync, triple buffering and refresh rate settings....

Lastly I am having one graphical anomaly still. When looking at some planets like Kerbin and EVE I am getting multiple flashes of light rapidly all over the surface. They keep flashing and moving around really fast. From space or the tracking station they remind me of lightening strikes....they are like multiple quick flashes of light peppering the surface randomly....

I'm wondering if anyone else has encountered it and knows of graphical settings in game or via NVIDIA settings to get this to stop happening....

Thanks...

Oh and lastly can I get rid of the Loading Screen mod....does this mod REALLY need that? It keeps using my screenshots as slides and I don't like it. I'd rather just see the game's normal slides. Can I just delete the folder?

Edited by JoE Smash

6 minutes ago, JoE Smash said:

Hi again @themaster401,

Ok so I seem to have this working now, however I do have a few issues I am still trying to fix....

This mod seems to be HEAVILY influenced by any settings you may be using with your NVIDIA settings that you may or may not be using to override the games graphics.

I believe I have most things back to application controlled which seems to work best.

If someone with an NVIDIA card has figured out the best application settings for KSP with this mod, I'd love to have a list of them.

Specifically I'm stuck on using or not using GSYNC, vsync, triple buffering and refresh rate settings....

Lastly I am having one graphical anomaly still. When looking at some planets like Kerbin and EVE I am getting multiple flashes of light rapidly all over the surface. They keep flashing and moving around really fast. From space or the tracking station they remind me of lightening strikes....they are like multiple quick flashes of light peppering the surface randomly....

I'm wondering if anyone else has encountered it and knows of graphical settings in game or via NVIDIA settings to get this to stop happening....

Thanks...

Oh and lastly can I get rid of the Loading Screen mod....does this mod REALLY need that? It keeps using my screenshots as slides and I don't like it. I'd rather just see the game's normal slides. Can I just delete the folder?

Once again, (not trying to advertise :D)  In my videos, I delete the loading screen folder and I put up files to download so that the lightning isn't flashing SO much like how it is now.

11 hours ago, SpaceFox25 said:

Once again, (not trying to advertise :D)  In my videos, I delete the loading screen folder and I put up files to download so that the lightning isn't flashing SO much like how it is now.

Ok so the "lightening" is a known thing and you know how to fix it...

Ok sold...

Yeah...I can't tell what you are selectively selecting and not selecting in your videos...it's too small to read...

I'm going to need words @SpaceFox25....

At least on what to delete to fix the lightening 

Nevermind I watched your videos on a bigger screen, followed your instructions and it did nothing for the lightening strikes being so frequent....I guess you just wanted to force more views for your videos.....

Edited by JoE Smash

Hey @themaster401,

I wanted to get back to you about what I figured out about EVE in the event someone in the future says something about a memory leak and EVE.

I believe the apparent leak I discovered was caused because I was using -force-d3d11 with my KSP_x64 shortcut (I believe this was the case at least)

Using -force-openGL instead seemed to not have a leak.

Someone in the thread I mentioned this in brought up -force-glcore as well....I haven't checked that yet to see if it works as well as -force-opengl.....or if that causes the RAM to tick away or not...

What exactly in the lightening.cfg effects the frequency of "lightening strikes" while looking at planets from orbit or the tracking station?

I found the cfg file for the lightening and I found "detail speed" but I don't know what adjusting anything up or down does exactly....

Ok so I went into the auroras.cfg file and deleted the auroras from planets other then Kerbin because I did't like them on other planets....

I went into the lightening file and clipped a few zeroes off the middle number for detail speed. I then had to go back in because Duna had 0 for the middle number and of course the lightening was still spastic. Changed duna to 5000 instead and 0 for the first and last number to make it match the other planets. Not that I know what I'm doing....but at least I don't have spastic lightening that looks like graphical glitches anymore....

Is Eve supposed to look so pale and washed out? (I took these shots before I removed the aurora and messed with the lightening. The two shots are a fraction of a second apart and you can see how the little lightening specs already moved between shots...)

https://imgur.com/qznYHTa

https://imgur.com/dMi0cX0

https://imgur.com/zreSfIt

Edited by JoE Smash

Well I was wrong....suddenly Moho has a big dust cloud around it from tracking view and Jool has rings....

I believe stock visual terrain is to blame but who knows. I give up this really isn't worth the headache. I haven't actually played the game in three days. I've just been trying to install visual enhancements in a way that makes everything look cool. I guess that simply is not possible. At least not for me....

6je8EKX.png

v3.74 "Warpspeed"

• Now identifying as compatible with versions 1.3.0 - 1.4.5 squad please make this the last 1.4 bugfix update
  • Depends on TextureReplacer instead of TRR again
  • Updated documentation
  • File structure changes
  • Minor cloud tweaks

Click image below to download.

Download v3.74

Hi! I finally got a good enough PC to get this to run and holy crap its amazing! however when looking around i noticed there was no support for OPM bodies, and looking online i couldnt find anyone who had built a patch for it yet. is there a patch between the two or do i need to build custom configs for it myself?