[KSP 1.12.3] Astronomer's Visual Pack - Beyond (v4.13 - July 17th, 2022)

themaster401

5 hours ago, Boomer said:

Hey guys, there is any chance or way to add rings to jool ?

As an alternative, you could install Galileo's OPM_Galileo mod which adds 3 planets analogous to Saturn and its rings, Uranus, and Neptune.

Edited by Starfire70

1 hour ago, Galileo said:

No, as they do the exact same thing.

Ah, right....which one is more fps-friendly in your opinion ?

46 minutes ago, Starfire70 said:

As an alternative, you could install Galileo's OPM_Galileo mod which adds 3 planets analogous to Saturn and its rings, Uranus, and Neptune.

yeah that's also a good idea, thank you

(sorry for the OT guys)

Edited by Boomer
OT

11 hours ago, Boomer said:

Ah, right....which one is more fps-friendly in your opinion ?

yeah that's also a good idea, thank you

(sorry for the OT guys)

I have never used KSPRC so I don’t know, but SVT seems to improve performance, even over the stock game.

I have looked all over for an answer and can not really find anything that deals with my particular problem.  I will try and explain it the best way possible.  When approaching a low orbit on the mun approx 17 or less I find that the mun has turned purple / blue and the textures will start to flash.  This only seems to happen  when getting close to it or going for a mun landing.  This problem does not show up when far away.  The mun looks normal and grey.  I also noticed that when approaching Kerbin I can see a distinct circle where the textures are drawn over the planet.  Picture a circle that grows larger and larger as you approach kerbin until it finally covers the planet.  I do not seem to have this problem with stock visual textures mod and have downloaded and removed your mod using the ckan program.

I love how it looks and made sure to download the 4k textures.  Thinking just maybe the 4k textures were a problem as my laptop does not do true 4k i went and uninstalled and installed 2k.  Still had the same problems.  I'm hoping that maybe there is a setting or something that will fix this as i do love the mod and it changes the whole way of playing the game,

any suggestions or help would be great thanks.

Bill 

That is sorta what I'm talking about except it usually is centered on the planet and the cloud and textures are only in the round circle.  the circle gets bigger or smaller depending on how far away i am from the kerbin planet.  The mun problem I would have to upload a video because it basically is a flickering shade of purple/blue on the entire surface of the mun.  Only happens when close to it though.  I have not had a chance to try using any vsynch setting as of yet so maybe that is the problem.  

BILL

On 30.01.2018 at 12:30 AM, themaster401 said:

Once again, odd eclipses and oddities on bodies being eclipsed is a scatterer bug I am currently unable to get past. Yep, those flashy things on the planets are thunderstorms. I'm always open to suggestions on how I can make the ever-mistaken feature more realistic, more like lightning.

What about the fact that there are no city lights? By oddities on bodies, you mean the Mun as well? I didn't know scatterer influenced that as well. Also, if I go into mod setup via one of the buttons at KSC it yells at me that there are config files missing for Eve and something else.

Update...

I had to uninstall the mod using ckan.  The flashing around the mun was getting so bad I couldn't take it anymore.  I miss the clouds and the dirt clouds on the mun looks really awesome.  I ended up going back to standard graphics with the highly detail textures.  Stock Visuals i think but i can't remember the mod name right now.  I finally got a photo up.  When landing on the mun this blue/purple texture will get solid but only in the background, as seen below.  When in orbit the background color is flashing like crazy in every view possible.  I'm not sure if certain files need to  be used in conjunction with your mod.  EVE or something like that.  Anything I can check on please let me know.

Bill

a%3E

On 30.01.2018 at 2:30 AM, themaster401 said:

Sorry about my failure to reply to multiple queries about issues. I guess the only excuse I got is exams, but still not an excuse to not reply to y'all.

The infamous solid layer2D glow that occurs upon an object with a glow effect being eclipsed. I have yet to have found a solution to this problem on the AVP end; at core, it is a scatterer issue that I hope will soon make compatibility with this feature vital to AVP.

You can tweak any feature using the EVE GUI in the tracking station (cloud icon in bottom right or just Alt+0). Try getting DistantObjectEnhancement if you haven't already for the skybox darkening, otherwise you'll have to manually turn down the brightness or change the skybox entirely.

Fun fact: I have CityLights fully working and ready for usage. The problem is, I personally dislike how CityLights are; from orbit, a beautiful addition to the planet. Flying in atmosphere, much more immersive experience. However, the moment you land on that flat CityLights texture on the ground, it ruins the effect and the beauty entirely. CityLights destroy the beauty of Kerbin's natural state; you can bring them from another mod manually if you'd like.

Once again, odd eclipses and oddities on bodies being eclipsed is a scatterer bug I am currently unable to get past. Yep, those flashy things on the planets are thunderstorms. I'm always open to suggestions on how I can make the ever-mistaken feature more realistic, more like lightning.

Nope, scatterer is not causing eclipse bugs. I removed scatterer and there still was glitching black spot on Krbin.

And yes, those lightings are very annoying. Option to turn them off??

On 2/1/2018 at 7:37 AM, William516 said:

Update...

I had to uninstall the mod using ckan.  The flashing around the mun was getting so bad I couldn't take it anymore.  I miss the clouds and the dirt clouds on the mun looks really awesome.  I ended up going back to standard graphics with the highly detail textures.  Stock Visuals i think but i can't remember the mod name right now.  I finally got a photo up.  When landing on the mun this blue/purple texture will get solid but only in the background, as seen below.  When in orbit the background color is flashing like crazy in every view possible.  I'm not sure if certain files need to  be used in conjunction with your mod.  EVE or something like that.  Anything I can check on please let me know.

Bill

IIRC I got around this by removing the Mun section from the duststorms.cfg file. I preferred not having dust at the Mun anyways.

I then ran into this blue thing again at Vall, and got around that by lowering the dust altitude for Vall in the duststorms.cfg to 150. Vall is Europa's counterpart so there should be some ice particles floating around.

59 minutes ago, Kuszotke said:

GitHub link is broken. Download keeps "crashing" and when i manage to download it, the archive is corrupted. 

Can we get a mirror?

Downloading and expanding fine from here. You can also grab it through CKAN.

Edited by Starfire70

• 2 weeks later...

Evening all, I'm loving this mod, it makes the game so more immersive and beautiful but I have one question, when in Space its just completely black, there's no other stars or galaxies in the distance even though in the texture folder they are there. I'm not sure if there is something I need to change in a file somewhere, or whether something is being overwritten? But I can't seem to find anything in this thread about it, unless I'm being blind.

Thanks in advance.

Edit: Figured it out, the mod Distant Object(s) removes the stars etc, causing it to look a lot more black and void looking. 

Edited by Xein

On 2/21/2018 at 6:19 PM, Xein said:

Evening all, I'm loving this mod, it makes the game so more immersive and beautiful but I have one question, when in Space its just completely black, there's no other stars or galaxies in the distance even though in the texture folder they are there. I'm not sure if there is something I need to change in a file somewhere, or whether something is being overwritten? But I can't seem to find anything in this thread about it, unless I'm being blind.

Thanks in advance.

Edit: Figured it out, the mod Distant Object(s) removes the stars etc, causing it to look a lot more black and void looking. 

Of course, near the sun, the stars will be blocked out (as you would expect).

You can also install another skybox, which I've been thinking of doing because there are too few stars for my taste. There's a high resolution Earth sky skybox on here somewhere.

On 2/9/2018 at 4:11 AM, Battou said:

Is this all started with mod update? I also have this blue coating on Mun. Used this mod on 1.3.0 and had no issues.

I've found that it is sometimes just random. If I quit and reload, the blue is usually gone. I see it most on the Mun or Vall.