[KSP 1.12.3] Astronomer's Visual Pack - Beyond (v4.13 - July 17th, 2022)

themaster401

22 minutes ago, TicTac said:

SVE adds them using EVE if I'm not mistaken.

Correct, via the SVE_CityLights.cfg file in SVE.  I was just in there to confirm the texture to edit to make lights more pronounced during the night (main.dds being the texture).

2 hours ago, OldMold said:

Ah nice - is there a config that needs to be tweaked to make them show up? Will have to take a look when I get home.

They should be on by default.  If they are not showing up, then something may be wrong on your install. Make sure you installed one of the 3 SVE texture packs (high, med or low res) and do not have any BoulderCo folders in EVE (you would have needed to dnld EVE-Configs-1.2.2.1 for those...not needed in this case).   But this applies to SVE, not AVP so let's continue the discussion in that thread if needed...

I don't want to stay off topic here to long...:)

Edited by Red Stapler

3 minutes ago, Red Stapler said:

They should be on by default.  If they are not showing up, then something may be wrong on your install. Make sure you installed one of the 3 SVE texture packs (high, med or low res) and do not have any BoulderCo folders in EVE (you would have needed to dnld EVE-Configs-1.2.2.1 for those...not needed in this case).   But this applies to SVE, not AVP so let's continue the discussion in that thread if needed...

To  confirm - I should have both SVE and AVP installed?

15 minutes ago, OldMold said:

To  confirm - I should have both SVE and AVP installed?

Hello again...no, do not do!  Sorry if any confusion...

You can only use one of the above, they are not compatible (you will get a lot of strange thingys due to duplicate configs for cloud layers, textures, etc).  EVE is the framework mod that allows both of those to work.  So you can ave EVE+SVE or EVE+AVP. :)

Here is the disclaimer from AVP's OP:

AVP is not compatible with other stock visual mods, such as Stock Visual Enhancements (SVE), Spectra, stock EVE(BoulderCo), Sci-Fi-VE, Graphics Enhancements Assembly, etc.

So if you want city lights, you will need to use SVE as I do not think AVP includes them IIRC.  Good luck!

Edited by Red Stapler

7 minutes ago, Red Stapler said:

Hello again...no, do not do!  Sorry if any confusion...

You can only use one of the above, they are not compatible (you will get a lot of strange thingys due to duplicate configs for cloud layers, textures, etc).  EVE is the framework mod that allows both of those to work.  So you can ave EVE+SVE or EVE+AVP. :)

Here is the disclaimer from AVP's OP:

AVP is not compatible with other stock visual mods, such as Stock Visual Enhancements (SVE), Spectra, stock EVE(BoulderCo), Sci-Fi-VE, Graphics Enhancements Assembly, etc.

So if you want city lights, you will need to use SVE as I do not think AVP includes them IIRC.  Good luck!

Gotcha, thanks for the explanation :) Since AVP does not have city lights, I'll experiment to see if adding main.dds and the relevant config out of SVE will work without conflicting with other AVP textures.

Edited by OldMold

4 minutes ago, OldMold said:

Gotcha, thanks for the explanation :) Since AVP does not have city lights, I'll experiment to see if adding main.dds and the relevant config out of SVE will work without conflicting with other AVP textures.

Yes, that’ll work but you will also need the other city light textures (the closeup/detail ones).

Just now, Heirloom said:

Yes, that’ll work but you will also need the other city light textures (the closeup/detail ones).

Yep, detaillight.dds and detaildark.dds - cant wait to try. Thanks all!

8 minutes ago, OldMold said:

Gotcha, thanks for the explanation :) Since AVP does not have city lights, I'll experiment to see if adding main.dds out of SVE will work without conflicting with other AVP textures.

That should work....you will need the 3 texture files listed in SVE_CityLights.cfg and will also need to change the path for those files to wherever you place them in the AVP folder structure.  Not sure if you need to do anything esle to get EVE to recognize.  PM me with results if you have the time.  :)

Edited by Red Stapler

Hi there, very nice work for this MOD. I'm really enjoying it. But a question: why is there some fog / dust on the Mun or Minmus? It seems that on the mun it's almost like an atmosphere :D

Is that normal? Because then when I'm approaching the Mun, everything becomes laggy around 15fps and thos kind of dust clouds are not that usual for a Moon-like satellite, right?

Nice work anyway

Desktop-Screenshot-2019-05-11-23-18-57-1

Edited by Cousnouf
Add image

26 minutes ago, TomVorat said:

I have a problem with this Mod. Wich is that it always freezes Windows on Startup of the game. Other Visual Mods don't do that. Is there a Fix?

Most likely you don’t have enough RAM. Care to share your PC specs as well as your logs and GameData folder? Because otherwise there’s not much we can do; I don’t want to sound rude but what you’re saying is as helpful as saying why your car won’t start when you didn’t even bring the car. :/

6je8EKX.png

v3.8 "Endgame"
Download will be up later today. As the subtitle suggests, this will likely be the last update to AVP in a while as I find less time to play KSP and be online in general. I'm always open to new contributors for AVP; PM me if you are interested!

• New Eve clouds
  • New Kerbin city lights
  • Jool clouds now have slow-moving noise
  • Updated 43k clouds
  • Tweaked volumetric clouds
  • Removed unnecessary textures
  • Reorganized file structure and names
  • Loading screens now depend on Sigma-LoadingScreens
  • KSPRC texture installation is easier

bIdFgWU.png

Edited by themaster401

5 hours ago, themaster401 said:

6je8EKX.png

v3.8 "Endgame"
Download will be up later today. As the subtitle suggests, this will likely be the last update to AVP in a while as I find less time to play KSP and be online in general. I'm always open to new contributors for AVP; PM me if you are interested!

• New Eve clouds
  • New Kerbin city lights
  • Updated 43k clouds

bIdFgWU.png

Which KSPRC texture install instructions are most up-to-date then?  The first page of this forum (leave only Terrain and Plugin, which is the same as it was prior to v3.8) or the ones on github that say only to remove Atmospheres and City Lights?

Outstanding mod!  Thanks for your work!

1 hour ago, CGADragon said:

Which KSPRC texture install instructions are most up-to-date then?  The first page of this forum (leave only Terrain and Plugin, which is the same as it was prior to v3.8) or the ones on github that say only to remove Atmospheres and City Lights?

Outstanding mod!  Thanks for your work!

The instructions on both pages are identical, follow the ones you see on the forum OP :)

13 hours ago, themaster401 said:

Loading screens now depend on Sigma-LoadingScreens

I'll have to take a look now :)

btw, I am aware that the documentation on the mod is crap, so if you need any help with the cfgs just send me a pm here or on discord

2 hours ago, StreS said:

Hi! Great pack. How to get the same picture? Or is it some kind of filter? Particularly interesting are these details.

Hide contents

2xY82zX.png

The part shaders are courtesy of TexturesUnlimited, found below!

And the config you'll need

https://spacedock.info/mod/1841/Textures Unlimited Default Stock Config - Unofficial

Edited by themaster401

Question regarding Scatterer/AVP

renderTimingPixel.png

I run AVP and i keep hearing people talking about configs for stuff like Scatterer/eve and the like...

So i have a hunch im running 2 configs or 2 layers of Scatterer (dont even know if its possible)

The atmosphere look GREAT!, but it's just so thick i cant even make out coastlines or ground features and also i get like 30 FPS.

question is this..

Is it possible to make the atmosphere with AVP less dense via configs? if so how and with AVP Configs or Scatterer?

and is it possible i have 2 configs of scatterer going or somthing like that.that is why it seems so thick?

Copy pasted from reddit post :)

Edited by DEG

On 5/12/2019 at 6:48 PM, themaster401 said:

6je8EKX.png

v3.8 "Endgame"

• New Eve clouds
  • New Kerbin city lights
  • Updated 43k clouds

bIdFgWU.png

Godspeed. This is an awesome visual mod