[KSP 1.12.3] Astronomer's Visual Pack - Beyond (v4.13 - July 17th, 2022)

themaster401

30 minutes ago, Galileo said:

sounds like whoever made the original cloud textures didn't do their math correctly, and just called it 43K for whatever reason.

So what do you think could be the issue here?

1 hour ago, Gel said:

So what do you think could be the issue here?

The individual textures are still not a size that DX11 can handle. They need to be 8192x8192 at most. That is likely the highest you can go. 

Edited by Galileo

10 hours ago, Galileo said:

The individual textures are still not a size that DX11 can handle. They need to be 8192x8192 at most. That is likely the highest you can go. 

Tried resizing and that just made the clouds disappear. Oddly, one of the files was 16384x16384.

You got any other recommended cloud mods?

1 hour ago, Gel said:

Tried resizing and that just made the clouds disappear. Oddly, one of the files was 16384x16384.

You got any other recommended cloud mods?

This one is fine, just don’t use the “43k” option

AVP still appears to still work in 1.4.4. I loaded craft files on Kerbin, Duna, and the Mun, and looked over the planets. There is a giant warning that Kopernicus, a dependency of AVP, is out of date. AVP itself probably doesn't need to be updated, but once Kopernicus is updated, it should be fully compatible. Until then, back up your save file and play on. 

I5VLby8.png

v3.73 "Warpspeed"

• Eeloo glow is more subtle
  • Eeloo dust clouds are less frequent and more subtle
  • Minmus' glow does not clip through terrain now
  • Reduced dust on Minmus
  • Duna dust is much less intensive
  • Duna aurorae are now light blue in accordance with real life discoveries
  • Duna's blue glow no longer clips terrain ('orange mountains')
  • Jool clouds slightly darkened
  • Fixed Pol dust; dust clouds occur in craters and lower elevations
  • Tylo dust tweaked, occurs at lower elevations

Download

unknown.png

Edited by themaster401

7 minutos atrás, themaster401 disse:

Ri6pwS5.png

v3.73 "Warpspeed"

• Eeloo brilho é mais sutil
  • Nuvens de poeira Eeloo são menos freqüentes e mais sutis
  • O brilho de Minmus não corta o terreno agora
  • Pó reduzido em Minmus
  • O pó de duna é muito menos intensivo
  • Duna aurora estão agora azul claro de acordo com as descobertas da vida real
  • O brilho azul de Duna não cava mais o terreno
  • Jool nuvens de nuvens chantilhas
  • Pó de polimento fixo; Nuvens de orvalho ocorrem em crateras e elevações menores
  • Tylo Poça mexida, ocorre em elevações mais baixas

Baixar

unknown.png

I'll analyze what wonders you've accomplished here, I've used your mod for a long time in other summers and I've never been disappointed =)

Hey it doesnt work for me i only see dimmed white atmosphere around earth and textures didnt really change it says that the last mod on thel ist (starts with K too lazy to scroll up) is out of date or not compatible, please is there anyone here still alive can you help me why it never works on my game!? 

1 hour ago, asdgufu said:

Hey it doesnt work for me i only see dimmed white atmosphere around earth and textures didnt really change it says that the last mod on thel ist (starts with K too lazy to scroll up) is out of date or not compatible, please is there anyone here still alive can you help me why it never works on my game!? 

For a start, if you're not willing to put in a little effort to tell us what is out of date, we have even less want to help you out.

Besides that, it's Kopernicus, which doesn't work for 1.4.4. There is no work around yet, you'll have to roll KSP back to 1.4.3 in steam.

@themaster401 Great work on the newest release! CKAN update is always a bit slow so grabbed off the git and it's solved a few issues I had and hated. Thanks!

Hey - just thought I'd note that I'm getting horrific lag when nearing Dunas atmosphere. No idea why it's so laggy, considering that I've got an ASUS G752VS rig. NKO/Launches from Kerbin run fine by contrast.

Also, in E.V.E. under textures config it says "invalid name" - could that be affecting the FPS?

• 2 weeks later...

Hey um but could the ckan version for 1.4.4 be fixed please because I have an issue on where ckan kicks me out when I select astronomer's visual pack 8k textures and it says this mod is dependent on Astronomer's visual pack which is not currently updated for this current version of the game. Thanks

How can I remove the city lights and any city textures? I am also not very fond of the aurora on Duna since it has no magnetic field as well as the dust clouds on the moons considering they've no atmosphere. Edit: Also Im noticing that the lightning looks way to frequent any way to change that? If not than thats fine

Edited by ashencloud

On 4/19/2018 at 11:29 AM, themaster401 said:

43k Kerbin clouds.

I don't know what niche partition of the KSP community would like to fiddle with such high resolution clouds, but they're now available.

unknown.png

Pros: Sharp, no texture repetition, performance impact is not too different from 8k
Cons: Your system will suffer.

Credit to NASA for their 43k "Blue Marble" Earth cloud rendition.

Download in the OP.

The clouds didn't show in my game. I'm pretty sure I have dragged everything into the right folder.

• 2 weeks later...

Does astronomers visual pack improve ground terrain as well, or just the clouds, atmosphere....etc?

If not is this compatible with stock visual terrain by Gailileo?

Basically I'm really confused because at this point there are several different ways to generally improve the graphics of KSP.

I would like to use the best all around one.

I tried EVE and it csused a memory leak....

Also EVE seems complicated to install because it requires a bunch of other mods as well and some of them you have to NOT install certain parts....like eve's config files, if you are installing the other mods that go with it....like scatterer and IT'S config files....

What does KSPRC do exactly?

If I install this via CKAN will it install the dependancies correctly....i.e. EVE without configs and Scatterer with configs?

I watched the trailer and it looks like it also installs the "solar flare" effect offered by a separate mod....so I probably shouldn't install the solar flare effect from the other mod? (I'm talking about sunflare with Scatterer. Do I need that, or does this visual pack do that on it's own?)

Basically it would be good to list the mods you DO NOT need/should NOT install with CKAN because the features overlap and would probably wreck your game.

Lastly how do you tell if your system/monitor/graphics can handle 2K/4K/8K resolutions?

I play on a laptop with a NVIDIA 980M card that has 4GB of RAM. My resolution is typically 1920x1080. I don't know that my monitor can display a better resolution than that. Should I stick with 2K then?

Edited by JoE Smash

Spoiler
1 hour ago, JoE Smash said:

Does astronomers visual pack improve ground terrain as well, or just the clouds, atmosphere....etc?

Astronomer's Visual Pack alone does not include modifications to terrain, though it is recommended to use KSPRC or SVT alongside this mod to fill that hole.

If not is this compatible with stock visual terrain by Gailileo?

Yes, this should be fully compatible with any terrain pack.

Basically I'm really confused because at this point there are several different ways to generally improve the graphics of KSP.

I would like to use the best all around one.

I tried EVE and it csused a memory leak....

Try running an isolated KSP install with only EVE and a set of configs of your choice. I'm able to run AVP alongside ~160 mods with a maximum RAM usage of 11GB out of 16GB, so there's a possibility that another mod you are using is causing a conflict or such.

Also EVE seems complicated to install because it requires a bunch of other mods as well and some of them you have to NOT install certain parts....like eve's config files, if you are installing the other mods that go with it....like scatterer and IT'S config files....

What does KSPRC do exactly?

KSPRC, the way I've instructed it to be installed, overhauls terrain and textures (kerbals, parts, etc.)

If I install this via CKAN will it install the dependancies correctly....i.e. EVE without configs and Scatterer with configs?

Yes.

I watched the trailer and it looks like it also installs the "solar flare" effect offered by a separate mod....so I probably shouldn't install the solar flare effect from the other mod? (I'm talking about sunflare with Scatterer. Do I need that, or does this visual pack do that on it's own?)

AVP no longer includes a sunflare by default. It is recommended, in the case you don't prefer scatterer's default, you check out another sunflare mod, such as the Sunflares of Maar used in the trailer.

Basically it would be good to list the mods you DO NOT need/should NOT install with CKAN because the features overlap and would probably wreck your game.

Lastly how do you tell if your system/monitor/graphics can handle 2K/4K/8K resolutions?

I play on a laptop with a NVIDIA 980M card that has 4GB of RAM. My resolution is typically 1920x1080. I don't know that my monitor can display a better resolution than that. Should I stick with 2K then?

Usually this depends on your RAM and vRAM. 16GB of RAM paired with 4GB of vRAM is able to handle the ~200 megabyte 8k textures, though stepping down may produce higher, more stable framerates. Your monitor resolution doesn't necessarily matter; the purpose of having high-resolution textures is to bring greater detail and clarity to features ingame. Eventually, once you are distant enough from an object, all three tiers converge into one as details blend into fewer and fewer pixels. However, if you are quite close to the object, you will notice the difference between low and high res textures.