[KSP 1.12.3] Astronomer's Visual Pack - Beyond (v4.13 - July 17th, 2022)

themaster401

Hi
I just updated scatterer to the latest version and noticed some issues with AVP. I did the test on a clean installation of KSP1.6 with only AVP, Kopernicus, EVE and Scatterer 0.054
Jool is semi-transparent and layered. Furthermore the clouds are black and there no purple halos:

WxDmzxos_o.png

Also Duna is in layers but it is less evident it is visible only by moving the camera:

Eve instead has lost its density, in fact it is possible to see lands and seas:

o5NW5dhL_o.png

Other planets instead seem fine.

Log: https://we.tl/t-KEBeqoZlNx

Edited by Simog

On 3/21/2019 at 9:43 PM, Hiroshidan said:

you did well atention in part 5 of the explanation?

5.(Optional) Use KSPRC's textures alongside Astronomer's Visual Pack:
To install KSPRC side by side with AVP, first download and install Kopernicusdownload the latest KSPRC release, drag and 
drop only the KSPRC folder from the archive into your GameData, and remove the Atmosphere and CityLights folders inside. 

Yes i did, but gonna reinstall both just in case. 

EDIT : Reinstalled everything, but still no clouds. Everything els looks great :D

Edited by Aremos

1 hour ago, Aremos said:

Yes i did, but gonna reinstall both just in case. 

EDIT : Reinstalled everything, but still no clouds. Everything els looks great :D

You didn’t happen to do what I did last week, did ya?

I tried to use the texture files from the last download. (I keep every mod for each game version I’ve ever used) - gotta grab AVP and textures fresh. After I did that i had super spiffy clouds!

16 hours ago, Simog said:

Hi
I just updated scatterer to the latest version and noticed some issues with AVP. I did the test on a clean installation of KSP1.6 with only AVP, Kopernicus, EVE and Scatterer 0.054
Jool is semi-transparent and layered. Furthermore the clouds are black and there no purple halos:

WxDmzxos_o.png

Also Duna is in layers but it is less evident it is visible only by moving the camera:

Eve instead has lost its density, in fact it is possible to see lands and seas:

o5NW5dhL_o.png

Other planets instead seem fine.

Log: https://we.tl/t-KEBeqoZlNx

I did a terrible job of explaining what was happening to me in my first post, but that screenshot of Jool is exactly it. I never noticed anything about Duna and I THINK Eve was fine but I didn't look too closely at it, but I think whatever issue you're having is the same as mine. If you can figure out a solution I'd love to hear it, and I'll try to come back here and tell you/anybody else if I can find a way to fix it.

Edit: Rolled back scatterer to version  v0.0331b and now everything is working smoothly. I think that's also the version that was the most recent when this version of AVP was released

Edited by SenatorRay

Does anyone know how to make city lights work with AVP? I tried using the config from SVE and moving the textures over, but Kerbin remains dark. The EVE window shows no errors, and I'm able to get them with SVE no problem.

Also, does anyone have a good solution for Outer Planets Mod? I might just move the AVP Jool clouds over to Pood's OPM overhaul, but my attempts so far have caused errors.

EDIT: Also, the volumetric clouds do some weird things when passing through them. Is there a way to make them stay visible for longer? They cut in and out as I rotate my camera, and then cut off instantly once I reach the top of them. Would be nice for them to stay there until I was too high up to notice them disappear.

Edited by Codapop

Hi all, I just installed the core components of this mod (EVE, ModuleManager, Texture Replacer, Scatter, AVP - 2K textures) and my performance has gone to a crawl, as in 12 fps (was hitting at least 60 before). I'm a bit surprised as my specs are GTX 970, i5-4690 (3.5 GHz), 8 gb RAM; that rig can run The Witcher 3 on ultra at 1080p with no issues. I tried removing scatterer which improved things by about 10 fps. Am I underestimating how demanding AVP is, or could there be something wonky going on, some setting that needs adjusting etc? Thanks very much!

9 hours ago, curious_onlooker said:

Hi all, I just installed the core components of this mod (EVE, ModuleManager, Texture Replacer, Scatter, AVP - 2K textures) and my performance has gone to a crawl, as in 12 fps (was hitting at least 60 before). I'm a bit surprised as my specs are GTX 970, i5-4690 (3.5 GHz), 8 gb RAM; that rig can run The Witcher 3 on ultra at 1080p with no issues. I tried removing scatterer which improved things by about 10 fps. Am I underestimating how demanding AVP is, or could there be something wonky going on, some setting that needs adjusting etc? Thanks very much!

Task Manager performance window shows my GTX 1060 6GB gets to about 40% at times at default graphics settings (8k textures). I run at a steady 9+GB of RAM with no other mods installed when in the tracking station. It's probably your RAM.

On 4/4/2019 at 1:41 AM, GameTourist said:

Any idea why CKAN has started thinking its incompatible?
Other 1.6.1 mods are fine

https://imgur.com/a/fCpF6cr

Check the Relationships tab. AVP depends on EVE which isn't compatible with 1.6.1:

d15KVwZ.png

Well, EVE works anyway so if you want to install AVP through CKAN, go to settings -> compatible KSP versions and set 1.4 as a compatible game version.

6 hours ago, Codapop said:

Did you hit "Save Atmo" in the bottom left after applying the fix?

yes and on top of that, for some weird reason the configs keep flickering and dont fit the screen, so even with hitting save it doesn't work, I'll wait for an official update, but do you have the config or something? Like a dropbox link I could get it and test?

Edited by The-Doctor

12 hours ago, 4x4cheesecake said:

Check the Relationships tab. AVP depends on EVE which isn't compatible with 1.6.1:

d15KVwZ.png

Well, EVE works anyway so if you want to install AVP through CKAN, go to settings -> compatible KSP versions and set 1.4 as a compatible game version.

Thanks for the reply
I have 1.4 set as compatible, 1.4.x mods are installable and the relationships tab shows no issues. Very strange!
Its not a big deal as I'm installing/uninstalling by copying/removing its directory from GameData
I just want to know whats happening

4 minutes ago, GameTourist said:

Thanks for the reply
I have 1.4 set as compatible, 1.4.x mods are installable and the relationships tab shows no issues. Very strange!
Its not a big deal as I'm installing/uninstalling by copying/removing its directory from GameData
I just want to know whats happening

That's a different problem and I already opend a github issue on this one:

https://github.com/KSP-CKAN/CKAN/issues/2719

10 hours ago, The-Doctor said:

yes and on top of that, for some weird reason the configs keep flickering and dont fit the screen, so even with hitting save it doesn't work, I'll wait for an official update, but do you have the config or something? Like a dropbox link I could get it and test?

Here's the config for Jool. http://s000.tinyupload.com/?file_id=00616512931374146773

It goes in scatterer/config/planets/jool

Edited by Codapop

17 hours ago, space_powder said:

Simog also mentioned Duna and Eve looking pretty funky, but messing with the atmoscale doesn't fix them at all. Anyone found a way around it?

I feel like that's how Duna is supposed to look, kinda dusty/hazy, but I could be wrong. Eve seems to have lost some density, but it actually looks a little weird in timewarp. I feel like this might be due to the EVE configs rather than scatterer.

Then again, there's something funky going on. AVP scatterer folder has a config for planet Eve, as does the main Scatterer folder, and the Jool atmo config in the Scatterer folder also has configs for planet Eve inside it. It might be worth it to delete one or two of these, as they might be fighting each other.

On 3/24/2019 at 1:19 PM, Simog said:

o5NW5dhL_o.png

Got the same issue of Eve severely losing its density and being able to clearly see land and water on the planet. Duna has no clouds and looks odd and Jool is just busted. I know at least it's caused by the latest version of scatterer (0.0540) so going back to 0.0336 fixes everything, but with all the new updated scatterer features it'd be nice to get an update.

Edited by Raccoon