[KSP 1.12.3] Astronomer's Visual Pack - Beyond (v4.13 - July 17th, 2022)

themaster401

So... I decided to try the Astronomer's pack and during a night time flight around the KSC one thing didn't look quite right to me:

LqC7zA5.png

Ignore the scaling, I'm using a rescale mod so I had to use a custom detail scale. Anyway, the lights looked too much in-your-face to me and upon a closer inspection I realized they're literally inverted: the streets etc. are dark while huge empty flat areas as well as roofs are glowing. Now I assume there's some reason for this, but just wanted to point it out.

Edited by m4ti140

6je8EKX.png

v3.83 "Endgame" Changelog

You will need to reinstall the entire mod + textures for this update!

• New 2k/4k/8k Milky Way skybox
    • Skybox is moved to the textures download
  • City lights are much less intrusive now
  • Added an experimental custom KS3P config (may not work out of the box due to issues at KS3P)
  • Fixed issue with vacuum bodies glowing while eclipsed
  • Snapped all unused textures away
  • Removed Herobrine

Download here

vzcomxqnyu931.png

Edited by themaster401

5 minutes ago, Jognt said:

I have similar problems with JNSQ since 1.7.3, maybe something changed in KSP?

you guys want to mention the altitude , especially when saying

(It does normalize at lower altitudes)

On 8/6/2019 at 10:26 PM, Speadge said:

you guys want to mention the altitude , especially when saying

With JNSQ it was around 150 km? I only saw it once when I returned from minmus, since I was timewarping I didnt quite get the exact altitude. 

Edited by Jognt

Hi everybody, I think I have some graphic artifact with this mod, can someone tell me if both kerbin atmo should just appear like (I cant see continents on the day-side) this and Mun surface this (it seems like tissue...)?

Nuova-immagine-bitmap.png

Nuova-immagine-bitmap-2.png

EDIT: no other mods are installed

Edited by Ginlucks

I cant make KSPRC to work .... In the past i was having the Laythe like this https://ibb.co/cyB5mv . I like this clean , with not a lots of clouds.  but i cant make KSPRC to work... can same 1 help me plz? 

+ in the Features it say KSPRC (textures only) - Proot . But in the installation guide it say " you only have a KSPRC folder with Terrain and PluginData left in your GameData. " so we delete the texture foldore but we have the texture features ?

Edited by eklipsa

Just installed this mod, it looks great but on Kerbin I have huge fps drops (average is about 20 now) once in orbit have no problems.
Any idea what I can change to improve performance?

Is it normal the clouds are really pixelated on the map by the way?

2 hours ago, Folkhoer said:

Just installed this mod, it looks great but on Kerbin I have huge fps drops (average is about 20 now) once in orbit have no problems.
Any idea what I can change to improve performance?

Is it normal the clouds are really pixelated on the map by the way?

Are you using Kopernicus? If so, try disabling terrain scatter. Kopernicus received major updates for 1.7 so it’s got a few teething problems. 

Edited by Jognt

5 minutes ago, Jognt said:

Are you using Kopernicus? If so, try disabling terrain scatter. Kopernicus received major updates for 1.7 so it’s got a few teething problems. 

I'm at 25fps as well with an 8700k 5ghz,64gb 3200 ram and OC 1080ti lol. I'll disable scatter and see if it improves.

Thanks man

24 minutes ago, DScamp said:

I'm at 25fps as well with an 8700k 5ghz,64gb 3200 ram and OC 1080ti lol. I'll disable scatter and see if it improves.

Thanks man

Using Kopernicus I get around 12 FPS with a 4670k 4ghz and a gtx980. With both the CPU and GPU hardly doing work (KSP thread isnt even maxing 1 core..) so I'm guessing Kopernicus is getting stuck in an expensive Unity loop.

Disabling Scatter and ROCs (savefile edit) massively improves FPS.

36 minutes ago, Jognt said:

Using Kopernicus I get around 12 FPS with a 4670k 4ghz and a gtx980. With both the CPU and GPU hardly doing work (KSP thread isnt even maxing 1 core..) so I'm guessing Kopernicus is getting stuck in an expensive Unity loop.

Disabling Scatter and ROCs (savefile edit) massively improves FPS.

Thanks! I changed both scatter lines to False, but I do not know what ROC is. Would you kindly help me out with that one?

I'm encountering something pretty strange running the mod on 1.6, on which I'm sure everything should still work fine. The dark side of duna is real blue, and turning up planetshine's ambient light level dramatically brightens it, although I'm sure that applies to all planets to a lesser extent. Clouds are visible on the back side too. I've looked at all the other atmospheric planets and their dark sides are expectedly black. Is this intentional, or have I run into a bug? I've reinstalled the mod and textures to no avail, and I'm up to date on dependencies.

I've taken a screenshot from the tracking station here, but I can verify it's just as blue if not moreso in flight. You might notice an inner circle of light as well, which again isn't present on any other planet.

Dr7oVjN.png

Edit: It looks like Duna has been assigned a blue glow in the EVE settings that effects it in a way it doesn't the other planets. I turned the blue from 70 down to 0 and turned the red up to 10 and it's a lot more bearable now. The clouds are still visible back there, though.

Edited by GJdude

On 8/12/2019 at 10:00 PM, DScamp said:

Thanks! I changed both scatter lines to False, but I do not know what ROC is. Would you kindly help me out with that one?

ROCs are the new Breaking Ground surface features. To disable them you have to manually edit your save file, so do not do this before making s backup of your save. 

In your persistent.sfs save file, change the ROCseed = [string of numbers] to ROCseed = -1

Turning ROCs back on is a matter of replacing the -1 with what was there before. 

4 hours ago, 1990eam said:

Is this mod compatible with JNSQ?

JNSQ comes with its own EVE configuration files. So it’s incompatible with other EVE mods (since technically it IS one). 

Im really struggling with KS3P.  When i was playing on 1.7.0 it was nothing short of glorious.  I made the (usual) mistake of allowing Steam to auto-update and ruin my game by patching to 1.7.3 and since then Ive been in a world of checking if all my mods work.

This brings me to AVP (the glory that it is!)

KS3P is part of AVP.  On the 'Endgame' update recently released, i noted that a .cfg file was bundled for KS3P.

Duly i put that .cfg file into the KS3P folder and even renamed it to "DefaultConfig.cfg" - and i know its the AVP version because its says Astronomers Visual Pack in the profile name section.

unfortunately literally nothing happens in game.  i know what a working KS3P looks like and not a single effect is working.

Whats worse is that I cannot (and Ive tried and visited the KS3P forum too) get the in-game dialog box to open. LeftAlt + 3 does nothing. LeftShift + 3 does nothing.  RightShift + 3 does nothing.  i even re-assigned the keys to open the dialog in Configuration.cfg and that does nothing either.

Any of you fine fellows got this working? Anyone give me a pointer.  I will follow your instructions to the letter...

Matt

On 8/10/2019 at 4:44 AM, Chipmunk404 said:

Hi there,

I just installed this mod, it looks amazing however, a bit unrealistic to me. On the dark side of planets, inter space is still lit up like a Christmas tree. Is this supposed to happen?

https://imgur.com/UQ8o2RM

Did you find/get an answer for this? I have the exact same thing, is there way to turn down the star count, just a little :)

Most importantly, I want to make sure its installed right, fresh install from Ckan.

4 hours ago, viperwolf said:

Did you find/get an answer for this? I have the exact same thing, is there way to turn down the star count, just a little :)

Most importantly, I want to make sure its installed right, fresh install from Ckan.

I eventually removed the TextureReplacer folder within the AVP folder, this contained the start texture. It is now back to default, which also looks good IMO :)

This is the path of the folder that I removed: GameData\AstronomersVisualPack\TextureReplacer\