A new fuel? part 1 by The Grand Teki

We have found out at a meeting at the TGT Ind. HQ, that the Mün has a very big abundance of pure and efficient fuel making compounds. We need many rovers deployed to scan the surface of the Mün to find the deposits of this useful material.

Please only use visual and informational (Stock visual enhancements, Kerbal engineer redux, etc.) mods, but there are exceptions for making it more difficult: RSS, Deadly reentry (if you want to recover your vessel).

Very easy mode: send a rover to the Mün that has a surface scanner.

Easy mode: send a rover to the Mün that has a:

• small/big drill

• an ore tank half full for comparing (for weight)

• 2 surface scanners and a narrow-band scanner.

Hard mode: Send 3 different rovers on the same spacecraft that doesn't have asp. staging (you can't do fuel transferring either), and have these extra parts along/instead the normal mode parts on all of the rovers:

• Big drill

• a manned comm. pod

Super mode: use an SSTO to do this (recover the SSTO as well), do it in IVA mode, land in a 0.5km radius of a waypoint/other craft, do it in career mode, use RSS, land on another planet's moon etc. just try and impress me.

Required screenshots with UI open and that kind of stuff:

• craft in VAB (just curious),

• craft on launchpad,

• craft on it's way to space,

• craft on the Mün intercept course,

• before landing,

• the 1 or 3 rovers on the Mün with the ore tank's status panels open.

Hope you like my first post! Good luck!

On 5/21/2017 at 0:58 PM, The Grand Teki said:

Hope you like my first post! Good luck!

Hello, and welcome to the forums!  :)

2 hours ago, The Grand Teki said:

Why is everyone ignoring this one?

Be patient-- you just posted it a couple of days ago.  Also, bear in mind that the "challenge" forum can take time to acquire responses, unless you happen to strike gold with something that especially interests people.  Bear in mind that not everyone is interested in the same activities; participating in a challenge means devoting a fair amount of personal time and energy, so folks tend to be a bit choosy.  There's only a small minority of forum users that are going to be interested in any particular challenge, so it takes a while for such users to find and sign on.

(Other forums are generally a lot quicker to respond; e.g. Gameplay Questions posts usually get an answer within minutes or hours.)

So, just give it time, is my suggestion.  It can take a while.  (And there's no guarantee.  The Internet is a fickle place.)  :wink:

1 minute ago, Snark said:

Hello, and welcome to the forums!  :)

Be patient-- you just posted it a couple of days ago.  Also, bear in mind that the "challenge" forum can take time to acquire responses, unless you happen to strike gold with something that especially interests people.  Bear in mind that not everyone is interested in the same activities; participating in a challenge means devoting a fair amount of personal time and energy, so folks tend to be a bit choosy.  There's only a small minority of forum users that are going to be interested in any particular challenge, so it takes a while for such users to find and sign on.

(Other forums are generally a lot quicker to respond; e.g. Gameplay Questions posts usually get an answer within minutes or hours.)

So, just give it time, is my suggestion.  It can take a while.  (And there's no guarantee.  The Internet is a fickle place.)  :wink:

Oh, didn't know that, sorry. Do you know when will the "awaiting moderator approval" be stopped for new users?

3 minutes ago, The Grand Teki said:

Do you know when will the "awaiting moderator approval" be stopped for new users?

Why, yes, as it happens I do know that (y'know, being one myself):wink:

It lasts for your first five posts, then automatically goes away.  Sorry for the inconvenience-- we know it's a hassle, but it's a necessary precaution against spambots.  (If you're actually a cleverly written spambot, do us a favor and let us know so we can go ahead and ban you, okay?  <-- joke)

Anyway, the good news is that you're over halfway to five posts already.  :)

Just now, Snark said:

Why, yes, as it happens I do know that (y'know, being one myself):wink:

It lasts for your first five posts, then automatically goes away.  Sorry for the inconvenience-- we know it's a hassle, but it's a necessary precaution against spambots.

Anyway, the good news is that you're over halfway there already.  :)

Nice! Thanks! Do you know how to disable notification emails?

Just now, The Grand Teki said:

Nice! Thanks! Do you know how to disable notification emails?

Yes, you can tinker with your notification settings.  It's highly customizable-- you can choose which things you do and don't want to be notified for, and also how you want to be notified.

(How to find the above page, other than just following the link:  there's an "Account Settings" item in the menu next to your profile picture at top right.  Go there, then choose the "Notification Settings" link.)

1 minute ago, Snark said:

Yes, you can tinker with your notification settings.  It's highly customizable-- you can choose which things you do and don't want to be notified for, and also how you want to be notified.

(How to find the above page, other than just following the link:  there's an "Account Settings" item in the menu next to your profile picture at top right.  Go there, then choose the "Notification Settings" link.)

Thanks in advance!

• 2 weeks later...
This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.