Eve's peak height has changed

lajoswinkler

Wiki and Kerbalmaps say the peak is at 7526 m, but I've managed to land a rover there and got to 7541 m, 15 m higher than the official value. I'm using full terrain details.

I wasn't aware of these changes, are they new?

I'm using Realistic Atmospheres and pressure on top was 0.943 atm.

9867B15718F1B99DEC01C08F0F67F873AF71795C

AA1203A3C1C4D3073BF65A201782C886902D8793

The terrain detail setting is known to mess with terrain height significantly, so the peak height is probably different depending on if you are on low or high terrain quality.

Also, Kerbalmaps hasn't been updated in forever, which is a shame. IIRC you can only access it through the way back machine now.

Just now, Ultimate Steve said:

The terrain detail setting is known to mess with terrain height significantly, so the peak height is probably different depending on if you are on low or high terrain quality.

Also, Kerbalmaps hasn't been updated in forever, which is a shame. IIRC you can only access it through the way back machine now.

AFAIK, values were always expressed for highest details. I can understand 1-2 m difference if procedural generation is to blame, but 15 m is too much.

Kerbalmaps exists here, but something is terribly wrong with certain maps. For example, Eve's ocean level is all wrong.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.