Rising Storm 2: Vietnam

pTrevTrevs

Has anyone played Rising Storm 2 yet, either in the closed betas or the free weekend that just ended? @legoclone09 and I played during the weekend, and I was able to take part in the last closed beta, and I had a blast. It has player-controlled helicopters, a level of realism trademark to the Red Orchestra series... In my opinion it's a damned good game, anyone else have thoughts on it?

Hell, has anyone even heard of it?

Looks like an awesome game! Too bad i did not know about it until after the free weekend, but it dont think i would be that interested in it, that i would buy it.

Yeah I played it during the weekend. Its an awesome game, the level of realism is amazing. Sadly I suck at it... either because I'm not good at this kind of shooters or because I'm stressed due to all the exams and tests. If I would be better at it, I'd definitely buy it!

On 5/23/2017 at 3:12 PM, pTrevTrevs said:

Hell, has anyone even heard of it?

Never before, but thanks to you.

I was starting to like this trailer then once I have seen the OH-6 Cayuse it was over. Now I can't stop to think about it and want the game! 

On 5/25/2017 at 9:41 AM, XB-70A said:

Never before, but thanks to you.

I was starting to like this trailer then once I have seen the OH-6 Cayuse it was over. Now I can't stop to think about it and want the game! 

Oh yeah, the helicopters are pretty nice, although they take quite a bit of skill to fly and if you can't do it well, your team will get really mad at you.

I guess the Loach probably takes a bit less skill, it only holds one person (unless you're flying the team commander in the back), and it's primary purpose is to spot North Vietnamese and their tunnel entrances, so you basically fly circles around the map spotting enemies. The Huey is really hard to use, because you've got to be able to get into confined areas to offload your troops behind enemy's lines to cut them off, and if you can't land it by the book and on the spot you're less than useless.

Edited by pTrevTrevs

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.