Kerbal Space Program update 1.3 Grand Discussion thread.

UomoCapra

9 minutes ago, mritchey said:

I logged in to my current favorite game, Kerbal Space Program, to find that, not only was there an update, I had no choice in whether I download it. After the game gets through the loading screen, it crashes and tell me it would be nice if I could send the log file to the developers. No ... it would be nice if I wasn't forced to update my game with no way to go back to 1.2.

Im assuming your update occurred because your using steam. You can adjust the steam client a few ways with respect to updates to try and prevent that in the future.

If you want to go back to 1.2.2 via steam then you can go into the app properties in your steam library, go to the betas tab and select the previous_1.2.2 channel and steam will download the previous version.

17 minutes ago, archnem said:

Calm down.  The post was in jest.  I know that Squad can do no wrong and any features I wish for in stock are my own failings and I deserve a fate worse than death for daring to mention them.

I provided a response to your requests demands, if your going to simply respond through sarcasm, then clearly there is nothing more I need to say.

Edited by ZooNamedGames

Good to see the localization finished.Took a spin in a rover. Does seem to be that seams are fixed/patched. As for switching - I'll give it a bit.

UI seems improved

I like the ambient light improvement

Here are some bugs which still aren't fixed:

Leaving a ladder by climbing out makes the biome/situation of the landed craft stick to the kerbal.

Holding shift while manually adjusting the position of items in the VAB/SPH allows you to move them ridiculous distances

Situation changes 1 frame after biome does, so you can e.g. get EVA while Flying over Kerbin's Launchpad by doing EVA on the frame right before you land.

Or you can get a Surface Sample from Kerbin's Shores, while you're on the launchpad, by doing the surface sample on the frame before you jump.

If you run a Materials Lab or Goo experiment, and opt to reset the experiment without storing the results, you can still transfer the experiment while it's resetting. This results in the experiment being stored, and the Materials lab resetting, without the need for a scientist.

You're told you have "not enough funds" to launch a craft, while aggressive negotiations is running, if the cost of the craft would exceed your funds BEFORE the discount is applied.

Aggressive negotiations reduces the cost of launching crafts, but does NOT reduce the monetary reward from recovery. So you can launch a craft and then immediately recover it to gain money.

Air-breathing engines (e.g. Wheesley) and their intakes work perfectly fine underwater.

Edited by Hello :-)

2 hours ago, bewing said:

No more bumps on the runways (except at the sides).

And in the Tier 0 runway :wink:

Great job guys. I didn't participate in the Beta for this as I've been mostly Kerbidle for a few months, but it's great to see this come out. It piques my interest a bit and makes me wonder if it's time to start a new career...

1 hour ago, RocketBlam said:

As I recall, there were supposed to be some new parts in this update too, weren't there?

From what I recall (which may be wrong) the parts are in the upcoming DLC.

spacedock isn't up to 1.3 being latest version

don't these usually have cinematic releases?

I didn't see the update release date

EDIT: the loading bar is different now too!

EDIT EDIT: and the rightclick menu is bigger!

Edited by StupidAndy

1 hour ago, Combatsmithen said:

Fingers crossed for some sort of MP for 1.4

Oh...

Well don't read my reply to this then as it points out why you shouldn't expect it for a long while...

13 minutes ago, StupidAndy said:

spacedock isn't up to 1.3 being latest version

don't these usually have cinematic releases?

I didn't see the update release date

EDIT: the loading bar is different now too!

EDIT EDIT: and the rightclick menu is bigger!

Spacedock updates itself (sort of), simply the owner of the site has to update it that 1.2.2 is no longer the most recent version. Likely won't take him long to update it.

17 minutes ago, dragonsmate17 said:

so far 100% crash rate rolled back to 1.22

Try clearing your GameData folder of all mods.  Module Manager crashes the game atm as well as others.  No mods for you yet!

29 minutes ago, Hello :-) said:

Holding shift while manually adjusting the position of items in the VAB/SPH allows you to move them ridiculous distances

Not a bug. A feature due to popular request.

The loading bar, all the menus, everything looks crisper. And check out the fuel levels for engines in the staging. Looks like everything got a bit of an upgrade. I'm diggin' it. :)

Uh oh. X no longer cancels time warp? Is that a bug or a new feature? If it's the latter, I'm not diggin' it. ;.;

Edited by Cpt Kerbalkrunch

2 hours ago, Temeter said:

Bug fixes are always nice, and good to hear about those seams; did just ruin a bunch of eve screenshots for me^^

Seen a bunch of nice comfort things too, IIRC.

----

Questoin, what happens if a mod is missing translation? IE, if I should change my game to german, what happens to the mods that aren't translated to german? Optimally, I'd expect them to fall back to english.

Mods will work even if not localized - once they've had other necessary changes mad to them to align to the API changes. 

2 minutes ago, ZooNamedGames said:

What?!

The OP lists the four languages for which this release has added support.

2 minutes ago, ZooNamedGames said:

I can assume Squad intends to remedy this sometime soon.

Possibly? Other language support for future versions has been mentioned but I don't think specific ones have been determined yet.