UomoCapra

Kerbal Space Program update 1.3 Grand Discussion thread.

437 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

3 hours ago, gilflo said:

What are the steps to update to KSP 1.3  keeping my save games with all my ships  from 1.2.2 ?

Many thanks

If you're unmodded , just update the game.  If you're modded, you'll need to get updated versions of all your mods as well.

Edited by klgraham1013

3 hours ago, klgraham1013 said:

If you're unmodded , just update the game.  If you're modded, you'll need to get updated versions of all your mods as well.

Thank's, I just saw there was an installer for mac OS X. i guess it's the best way

Bonjour ^^

[EN] That was a very beautiful surprise to notice that the developers of KSP were finally able to implement the multilingual.... 
To a certain extent... 
That was also an immense disappointment when I understood that the French did not spank part of the new improvements of the game...
Woe is us French speakers.... Who ask since for so long this small improvement... 
Dream there. You already have the support for the multilingual, it does not stay more than has to implement our beautiful language of romantic ^^
IMAGINE, ... Imagine a kerbaunaute wearing the beret, a shirt in the colors of the French navy and a baguette has the hand ^^
Please Gods of kerbaunautes. Can feel sorry to you for us. ^^ Give to be able to him to us communicate with our next ones:)

[FR] Ça a été une très belle surprise de constater que les développeurs de KSP ont enfin pu implémenter le multilingue....
Dans une certaine mesure... 
Ca a été également une déception immense quand j'ai compris que le Français ne fessait pas partie des nouvelles améliorations du jeu...
Pauvre de nous francophones.... Qui demandons depuis si longtemps cette petite amélioration... 
Songez y . Vous avez déjà le support pour le multilingue, il ne reste plus qu'a implémenter notre belle langue de romantique ^^
IMAGINEZ ... imaginez un kerbaunaute portant le béret, un maillot aux couleurs de la marine française et une baguette a la main... ^^
S'il vous plait Dieux des kerbaunautes. Puissiez vous avoir pitié de nous. ^^ Donnez nous le pouvoir de communiquer avec nos prochains :)

Thanks ^^

4 hours ago, Menelik said:

[EN] That was a very beautiful surprise to notice that the developers of KSP were finally able to implement the multilingual.... 
To a certain extent... 
That was also an immense disappointment when I understood that the French did not spank part of the new improvements of the game..

I believe the initial round was done with the hardest languages to accommodate(Chineese, Japaneese, and Russian all have very different character sets), and the one with which Squad is most familiar(Spanish) in order to minimize code changes for additional language packs.

I would not be surprised if additional languages were released either as they are completed, by incorporating user created language packs, or with both minor and major releases, as even a badly failed language pack for an additional language should have no detrimental impact on users for other languages at this point(aka, no need to QA anything beyond the language pack itself).  They just had to make sure all their bases were covered by doing the hardest ones first.

1 person likes this

French translation? There's a mod for that on curseforge, I think.

Indeed, it has to exist a mod in first version of KSP. A botched mod filled with faults and incomplete. ^^

Posted (edited)

On 2017. 6. 26. at 10:29 PM, Terwin said:

I believe the initial round was done with the hardest languages to accommodate(Chineese, Japaneese, and Russian all have very different character sets), and the one with which Squad is most familiar(Spanish) in order to minimize code changes for additional language packs.

As far as I know, SQUAD added support for pretty much every language so that language packs can easily be incorporated(by individual user) - Take a look at fonts. It's just that the stock install contains 5 languages, which I think is to boost up the sale by supporting the languages with large(st-ish) potential playerbase.

Edited by Abastro
Forum bug

/like

First, I would like to say thanks for this update, I noticed many bug fixes in just the first few hours of playing the game.

Second, I would like to report a very slight new issue. After completing my Mun station in career mode, it said "You have finished construction of a new orbital station on its own orbit around the sun" (#autoLOC_7001073). It should say "You have finished construction of a new orbital station around <<1>>" (#autoLOC_7001074) with "the Mun" being 1. I don't think this has been reported anywhere else, so I just put it here so it will hopefully be fixed.

Thanks.

4 hours ago, SoggyPickle said:

First, I would like to say thanks for this update, I noticed many bug fixes in just the first few hours of playing the game.

Second, I would like to report a very slight new issue. After completing my Mun station in career mode, it said "You have finished construction of a new orbital station on its own orbit around the sun" (#autoLOC_7001073). It should say "You have finished construction of a new orbital station around <<1>>" (#autoLOC_7001074) with "the Mun" being 1. I don't think this has been reported anywhere else, so I just put it here so it will hopefully be fixed.

Thanks.

all bug reports should go on http://bugs.kerbalspaceprogram.com/projects/ksp/issues in order to actually get noticed

1 person likes this

Hey Squad.

Before I begin, I just want you to know that I find your simulator to be quite an achievement, and I get much enjoyment out of it. im not sorry that I purchased this product from you, and am looking forward to what you have in store next. the leap to multi lingual is a huge step, and as a result, I feel that you will increase your customer base greatly. however, I must be forced to place a huge, and as of currently, un addressed issue with your software, which I am hoping that you finally see that it should be made top priority before any further development of content is continued.

RAM USAGE.

I am sorry, but there it is. Unity's use of the RAM cache is simply terrible. it continues, to this day, to absolutely refuse to release RAM it has no more need for, and this continues to pluage us gamers as the game gobbles up more and more until it actually kills itself, crashing your game right to the desktop. this situation has become intolerable, and I for one am hoping that you will prioritize fixing this huge and glaring issue before deciding to make more content for the game. a game should be stable to play, not make us watch our usage like hawks to log off before it dies from starvation, causing us to lose our work within the environment.

Please, fix this. whatever this problem is, I know you and your team can find it and fix it. my version has become unplayable due to this issue. i have tried everything. Full Stock, Crash. With Mods, Crash. Updated, Crash.  Rolled back, Crash. this cant be allowed to continue. I beg you, don't fallow the example of other developers, and place content before stability.

again, your game, with this only exception, is a wonderful one. I want to continue to play it in the future. please make that possible.

thank you.

Yours,

A Fellow Kerbalnaut.

1 person likes this