Kerbal Space Program update 1.3 Grand Discussion thread.

UomoCapra

1 hour ago, HebaruSan said:

I put my clay tablets right next to the monitor but KSP apparently was not updated with support for cuneiform. SQUID PLZ FIX

I've been trying to improve monitor refresh rate, but the oven bake time needed for clay of this thickness is making anything over one frame per day - really, really difficult. I need a better workflow, or some code optimizations...

4 minutes ago, basic.syntax said:

I've been trying to improve monitor refresh rate, but the oven bake time needed for clay of this thickness is making anything over one frame per day - really, really difficult. I need a better workflow, or some code optimizations...

Ah well there's your problem. Baked tablets are only good for archive storage. You want to keep them nice and moist for rapid updating scenarios...

4 hours ago, maxbgould said:

Can someone a ksp main team please patch the game for older mods, or something to play.I cant;t even load my own previous saved games on an earlier version... Please somebody do something

No.

Older mods need to be patched by the mod authors.  If you're running mods with plugins (those dll files, like modulemanager etc) then those all need recompiling.  Purely asset mods (eg parts packs etc) should *mostly* work fine.  The updates needed for 1.3 from 1.2.2 are fairly minor compared to some of the previous changes, so most mods will update fairly soon.  That said, some mod authors might delay that to work on establishing multi-lingual capability in their 1.3 release.  I suspect most will do a recompile to get people up and running, then do any work they need to do to add in languages.

2 hours ago, Gordon Dry said:

There are so many posts on Steam and Reddit and sometimes also in this board...

The runway on tier 2 is bad. Very bad. It's supposed to be flatter than the grasslands around, but it's the other way...

And it seems that 1.2 even got a worse runway than 1.1 ...

So how about this?

Can a player for sure now also build planes in career and takeoff without hitting bumps?

--

Edit:

I just found this info:

I asked because in my experience with games changelogs sometimes claim it's fixed but then it's not - and when players open new threads about this then ppl say:
"The changelog say it's fixed so it's fixed no matter what."

IMHO it's better to ask ppl if it's really fixed...

This is at least the 2nd time you've asked a question like this without anything to back it up or any reason to.

You really need to stop posting questions like this, otherwise people will just ignore you

19 hours ago, bewing said:

You know how to spell scientist in german? :)

Forscher (8 chars).

Seriously, if you get yourself a proper translator or otherwise experienced wordsmith (rather than just any native speaker), some solutions will present themselves. That said, there is a reason why I abhor localized software -- I'd be surprised if you could do it good enough to satisfy me.

Just btw, what is "pressure-fed" in german?

Edited by Laie

4 hours ago, archnem said:

I went through my mods one by one to figure out which ones worked and didn't with the new update.   The most notable ones that didn't were MechJeb, KAS, and KISEVE, Chatterer, Final Frontier, CorrectCoL, Configurable Containers, KAC, Waypoint Manager, Kerbal Launch Failure, and the updated USI mods all work, along with some other minor mods.  Weirdly, Indicator Lights and Aviation Lights didn't.  For those of you experiencing crashes, I hope this list helps.

I would add to the not working list:: mastersmokeindustries, bdarmoury continued, KAX, Scansat

tweakscale and surface lights. as I tested each independently with the base install.

the ones that worked were:

KOS, KIS,CCK--already updated too 1.3., kdata, SpaceY-expander and lifters, tac fuel, planetarybaseinc, unbraspaceindustries, station science, tasierSpacetechSafechutes, LBSI, OPT, Laztec, KWrocketry, b9Partswitch, Ampyear

But I see it as well worth the wait.. give the devs a chance it will all be for the better.

hope this helps

Jammer

Edited by Jammer-TD

7 hours ago, bewing said:

https://forum.unity3d.com/threads/shadow-fadeoff-approaching-far-clip-plane.356893

You should be able to find the basic info here. That's where the devs found enough to work with.

Thanks! Great thread, Harv's persistence paid off, even if it did take a long time. It's great to see Squad interacting with and benefiting the games dev community at large.

1 hour ago, Jammer-TD said:

I would add to the not working list:: mastersmokeindustries, bdarmoury continued, KAX, Scansat

tweakscale and surface lights. as I tested each independently with the base install.

the ones that worked were:

KOS, KIS,CCK--already updated too 1.3., kdata, SpaceY-expander and lifters, tac fuel, planetarybaseinc, unbraspaceindustries, station science, tasierSpacetechSafechutes, LBSI, OPT, Laztec, KWrocketry, b9Partswitch, Ampyear

But I see it as well worth the wait.. give the devs a chance it will all be for the better.

hope this helps

Jammer

Anything that has a plugin will need the mod author to recompile.  1.2.9 was available for a long time, so most modders will know what needs to be done, but for the plugins to work they'll need compiling while linked to the 1.3 release.  Just search for *.dll in GameData, to get a list of incompatible mods.  Then any mod that depended on those (eg module manager dependencies etc).  There's no point individually listing them.

8 hours ago, klesh said:

Will future development continue to add more languages?

Thats the plan yes, there's a post from a while back talking about it, but my search-fu is week this morning

7 hours ago, rayceeya said:

Can someone please explain why "autohide nav ball in map" is still on by default.

Worst Option ever.

Seriously how am I supposed to know where the pointy end is supposed to point?

Theres an option in the settings called "Autohide NavBall in Map View"

4 hours ago, HebaruSan said:

... The announcement thread for 1.4, if there is a 1.4, will be the same, or it won't. Mr. Trigger Au has considered the idea, which is all I was after.

He called me Mr!!! now I feel old :(

We always consider modding for as long as I've been here, the stock game is always backward compatible and we do our best to minimize mod impact, working with modders. KSP isnt a medical system (imagine Jeb operating on you!!!!) so we minimize and do our best.

4 minutes ago, Third_OfFive said:

Me: "New update? Cool!"

*half of my mods break

Me: :mad:

Every time...

Of course every time.  Why are there so many who expect any different?  Let us all learn from the past and be better for it!

1 minute ago, klgraham1013 said:

Of course every time.  Why are there so many who expect any different?  Let us all learn from the past and be better for it!

This.

Anyone upset about their save not working until mods are up to speed should just continue to play 1.2.2 (or whatever version they are playing the save on). 100 updates from now, will the same clueless people still be complaining that the people who bust their chops to provide them with free content via mods take a non-infinitesimal amount of time to recompile their mods?

4 minutes ago, klgraham1013 said:

1 minute ago, tater said:

This.

Anyone upset about their save not working until mods are up to speed should just continue to play 1.2.2 (or whatever version they are playing the save on). 100 updates from now, will the same clueless people still be complaining that the people who bust their chops to provide them with free content via mods take a non-infinitesimal amount of time to recompile their mods?

I'm not upset or anything I was just making a joke...

I'm seeing a lot of people having mod issues with the 1.3 update. 

For me, I can't even get 1.3 to start the game without crashing. Tried via Steam (4x, including after verifying files), CKAN (2x, including after refreshing/updating mods), and clicking on the EXE file directly (2x, both 64-bit and 32-bit).

Any suggestions? This is very frustrating to not be able to even load the game.

If someone can tell me how to upload a log (note: I'm not seeing how "insert existing attachment" works) then I'm happy to post mine.

Help!!?!?! LOL

4 minutes ago, scottadges said:

I'm seeing a lot of people having mod issues with the 1.3 update. 

For me, I can't even get 1.3 to start the game without crashing. Tried via Steam (4x, including after verifying files), CKAN (2x, including after refreshing/updating mods), and clicking on the EXE file directly (2x, both 64-bit and 32-bit).

Any suggestions? This is very frustrating to not be able to even load the game.

If someone can tell me how to upload a log (note: I'm not seeing how "insert existing attachment" works) then I'm happy to post mine.

Help!!?!?! LOL

First thing you should do is update module manager if you have it. There's already a new patch out. That fixed most of my problems.

3 minutes ago, Third_OfFive said:

First thing you should do is update module manager if you have it. There's already a new patch out. That fixed most of my problems.

Thanks, I do actually have that updated (or so CKAN tells me) to version 2.8.0 so I think that's the latest.

Just now, scottadges said:

Thanks, I do actually have that updated (or so CKAN tells me) to version 2.8.0 so I think that's the latest.

Yes that is the latest. My advice then would be try removing some mods that you think might be causing problems until you isolate the ones that do. then update/go without them.

6 minutes ago, scottadges said:

Check for *.dll in GameData.  If it's not dated in the last day, then it's out dated and will need updating/removing.

1 hour ago, TriggerAu said:

Theres an option in the settings called "Autohide NavBall in Map View"

And it defaults to....   /stupidSmileOn

Autohide!  This has always been the wrong answer and I suspect along with throttle at 50%-->100% is among the first changes anyone makes when setting up.