KSP on XBOX One: Currently not avalible

Not sure why, but a word of advice.

DON'T BUY KERBAL SPACE PROGRAM FOR XBOX ONE OR PS4

The console versions are apparently unplayable, with saves corrupting regularly, no mod availability, outdated version (the console versions are still on 1.1.something I believe), etc. 

So yeah, I'd stick with the PC version if I were you, until Blitworks finishes their overhaul (last slated to be released in "early 2017", so much for that). 

:) 

We’re currently working on an updated console version of KSP, and are removing the game from the Xbox and PSN Stores until it is complete. This will be a free update for anyone who already owns the game on Xbox One or PS4.

14 minutes ago, Badie said:

We’re currently... removing the game from the Xbox and PSN Stores until it is complete.

If only there were some sort of place to make Announcements where this information could be posted before people get caught by surprise.

1 hour ago, Badie said:

We’re currently working on an updated console version of KSP, and are removing the game from the Xbox and PSN Stores until it is complete. This will be a free update for anyone who already owns the game on Xbox One or PS4.

Wait... Updates on console cost each time or did i misread, because my interpretation makes me feel like updates on say ps4 cost a fee...  Again its possible i read into that wrong

Edited by AlamoVampire

11 minutes ago, AlamoVampire said:

Wait... Updates on console cost each time or did i misread, because my interpretation makes me feel like updates on say ps4 cost a fee...  Again its possible i read into that wrong

The updated console version of KSP will be a free update for anyone who already owns the game on Xbox One or PS4.

5 hours ago, AlamoVampire said:

@Badie That reinforces my understanding of console players pay for each update as well as the games initial purchase...which makes my want to not invest in a console copy, but again, i may be barking into the wind at my own echo of failing to understand.. 

No not the case usually. Console games the patches/updates are typically free - eg 1.1.0 to 1.1.1, but a new edition might cost money - same as PC games.

As this is a new "edition" of KSP some people were worried they'd have to rebuy KSP v1, @Badie is just reitearting owners of the first exdition console game will get this new edition for free.

Hope that helps

5 hours ago, AlamoVampire said:

@Badie That reinforces my understanding of console players pay for each update as well as the games initial purchase...which makes my want to not invest in a console copy, but again, i may be barking into the wind at my own echo of failing to understand.. 

It would be foreign practice to charge for an update and as far as I'm aware of, that is not what she's saying. Unless I missed a line of dialogue, she means that the update is free for those who own the game and those who don't own it, will buy the most recent version; which is common practice for digitally distributed console games.

The only payment would be the one to purchase the game and the obvious DLC.

3 hours ago, TriggerAu said:

No not the case usually. Console games the patches/updates are typically free - eg 1.1.0 to 1.1.1, but a new edition might cost money - same as PC games.

As this is a new "edition" of KSP some people were worried they'd have to rebuy KSP v1, @Badie is just reitearting owners of the first exdition console game will get this new edition for free.

Hope that helps

I was unaware you were planning on making a whole new version of the game and repackaging it as such, but it makes some sense considering you want to distance this new version as far away from the old one as possible.

Still a bit confused as to why you'd pull it from the store, may as well leave it up and then let people update when the 'new' version comes out.

Only reason I can think of is that they've completely ditched the FTE port, started again from scratch and Xbox/PS4 stores want them to go through the certification process again, as it's not really an 'update' but an entirely different codebase.

On 25.5.2017 at 11:56 PM, Badie said:

The updated console version of KSP will be a free update for anyone who already owns the game on Xbox One or PS4.

When can you buy ksp on the xbox again ?I wanted to buy it on saturday but was no longer available

10 minutes ago, Sonny_Jim said:

Still a bit confused as to why you'd pull it from the store, may as well leave it up and then let people update when the 'new' version comes out.

Only reason I can think of is that they've completely ditched the FTE port, started again from scratch and Xbox/PS4 stores want them to go through the certification process again, as it's not really an 'update' but an entirely different codebase.

On thursday I saw ksp in the xbox store and wanted to buy me on saturday but it would be removed on friday

2 hours ago, xlord said:

On thursday I saw ksp in the xbox store and wanted to buy me on saturday but it would be removed on friday

On ‎29‎-‎5‎-‎2017 at 2:25 PM, Sonny_Jim said:

You've got your thinking cap on dear sir...

I'm a bit surprised nobody thought of it sooner, they basicly couldn't ditch the port untill Squad setled on an agreement with FTE to part with eachother.

Let me refrain my 01:00 statement a bit :D, It could very well be that Squad couldn't have pulled the FTE port untill legal matters had been agreed on between them, and now that they've officially parted the roads have been cleared to finally ditch it.

Edited by LoSBoL

• 3 weeks later...
1 hour ago, blueishclaw1450 said:

ok so 1: if you don't currently own kerbal space program, will the update still be free, or will it be like 20 dollars??

You will have to buy the game, if that's what you mean.

1 hour ago, blueishclaw1450 said:

2: when will ksp be available again?

When it is ready.

I'm looking forward to a new update, I bought the game on console when it was on sale a few months ago, having already owned the pc edition. The console one was somewhat nice, considering it would play at a solid framerate, unlike my aging/terrible computer, is there any chance you guys are skipping 1.2 entirely and moving immediately to 1.3?

2 hours ago, Vladimir Gaming said:

I'm looking forward to a new update, I bought the game on console when it was on sale a few months ago, having already owned the pc edition. The console one was somewhat nice, considering it would play at a solid framerate, unlike my aging/terrible computer, is there any chance you guys are skipping 1.2 entirely and moving immediately to 1.3?

I just purchased the XBOX ONE ELITE & disappointed to hear this news today when I wasn't able to find it in the store to download. Please notify me when update is available to purchase!! THANK YOU!!

• 1 month later...

I was wondering when ksp would be back on Xbox, me and my friend really want to buy it but we can't, we would be really disappointed if it was overall pulled from Xbox one.

Edited by CDouble
It autocorrected ksp into lap

6 hours ago, CDouble said:

I was wondering when ksp would be back on Xbox, me and my friend really want to buy it but we can't, we would be really disappointed if it was overall pulled from Xbox one.

A new port is currently in the works. Squad has a policy of not announcing release dates. From the most recent Kerbal  weekly, it seems like the console build is in the QA  stage (someone correct me if I'm wrong)? 

It will be ready when it is, and rushing it would only result in another buggy poorly made port.

8 hours ago, Jas0n said:

A new port is currently in the works. Squad has a policy of not announcing release dates. From the most recent Kerbal  weekly, it seems like the console build is in the QA  stage (someone correct me if I'm wrong)? 

It will be ready when it is, and rushing it would only result in another buggy poorly made port.

Ok! Just wanted to know since we were worrying 

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.