Kerbal Space Program update 1.3 “Away with words” is now available!

SQUAD

Kerbals are now polyglots! We are incredibly proud and excited to announce that Kerbal Space Program is now available in four more languages: Japanese, Simplified Chinese, Russian and Spanish. This means that more people will be able to enjoy the Kerbal experience in their native tongue.

Each language was carefully localized so it keeps the humor and charm of the english version. Keyboard layouts, UI and textures were also modified to please local players of each region.

To give you an idea of the scope of this endeavour, we had to carefully revise all lines of code to start cataloging all the aspects that needed to be localized and addressed. We translated more than 95,000 words, created 456 images for textures and UI, prepared 684 slides for the KSPedia and everything was carefully revised by a team of more than twenty dedicated volunteers.

And that is not all, we are also including the integration of Asteroid Day mod into this update, which is now localized and its contracts are balanced for a career game play-through, too.

Additionally, for 1.3 we have added the Ambient Light Adjustment feature - a Boost value to the ambient light setting (similar to the highlighter boost slider). This one brightens the render engine settings to bring light into the darkness. Something that will come in handy if you like to capture and share ingame footage.

Kerbal Space Program 1.3: Away with words  is now available on Steam and will soon be available on GOG and other third party resellers. You will also be able to download it from the KSP Store if you already own the game.

They did release modding notes a couple weeks ago, so hopefully the transition shouldn't take too long. Also, since there weren't any major changes to the engine for once, hopefully there aren't too many mods that get broken by this update. I'm feeling glass half full today...

Same for KCT and RT as well, they were the ones that stopped me from starting a 1.2.2 career. I don't even care if we get an RT2 right away, I can finally start a huge career save with all my favourite mods this time; I hope....

Just now, Errol said:

Same for KCT and RT as well, they were the ones that stopped me from starting a 1.2.2 career. I don't even care if we get an RT2 right away, I can finally start a huge career save with all my favourite mods this time; I hope....

Yep. KCT beta worked okay, but not having "Recovery to storage" hampered it a fair bit.

15 minutes ago, Errol said:

They did release modding notes a couple weeks ago, so hopefully the transition shouldn't take too long. Also, since there weren't any major changes to the engine for once, hopefully there aren't too many mods that get broken by this update. I'm feeling glass half full today...

Hopefully not too long but Module Manager's current version is definitely not compatible, so many of us will have to wait on that.

Great update for non-english speakers but the lack to too much new content means I'm going to stick to 1.2.2 myself for now. Great work getting this out and I can't wait to see what's next.

Edited by Spartwo

2 minutes ago, Spartwo said:

Great update for non-english speakers but the lack to too much new content means I'm going to stick to 1.2.2 myself. Great work getting this out and I can't wait to see what's next.

Here you go!

14 minutes ago, bewing said:

For the English speakers -- why should you care?

* There were a couple hundred small bugs fixed. Enough that you will probably notice it during gameplay.

* Terrain seams everywhere (except at the poles of some celestial bodies) shouldn't cause you any problems anymore.

* No more bumps on the runways (except at the sides).

* Handling of experiment transfers between multiple science containers is fixed. The data comes out of the science devices first.

* Asteroid drilling works properly again.

* The official Asteroid Day mod has been integrated. So there is a new type of contract available that should be fun and profitable.

Think I'll wait for the expansion to start a new career (that's a serious commitment for me), but I'm excited about this. Any new contracts are good contracts, and they're aren't enough contracts for asteroids IMO. I actually like going after them, just need more reasons to.

And I really dig the ambient lighting. I know you can get the mod, but I don't use them so this is big for me. No more waiting for the sun to get a good screenshot. Or just missing the opportunity altogether cuz you've gotta burn or stage.

This is all good news. Everytime I log on to Steam and see the "1 of 2 items downloading" or whatever, I immediately look to see if it's KSP. I hadn't discovered this forum yet, so Load and Clear caught me completely by surprise. I about jumped outta my chair. This time I'll be ready, but I can't wait to get home.

Bring on the expansion!

Edited by Cpt Kerbalkrunch

13 minutes ago, klgraham1013 said:

Here you go!

KSP is pretty bug free as it is in my experience.

Seams showed occasionally but it was usually past the horizon(they're talking about the miles high jagged terrain when viewed from distance, right?)

ykjwJxA.png

What bumps on the runway?

Don't science.

Don't mine asteroids.

Don't really want that one part, it'd just be among the many I avoid like the plague unless I'm using a part overhaul mod.

I'd choose keeping all my mods that exist solely to make the game look good until they come to 1.3 over this update.

Edited by Spartwo

36 minutes ago, genbrien said:

is the release the same as 1.2.9.1800?

Very close, yes. Just a few tiny tweaks. But you don't want that silly prerelease notice in your face all the time, do you? :)

Edited by bewing

9 minutes ago, Spartwo said:

Seams showed occasionally but it was usually past the horizon(they're talking about the miles high jagged terrain when viewed from distance, right?)

Spoiler

kdDqqnJ.png

10 minutes ago, Spartwo said:

What bumps on the runway?

Load up career and check out the first runway in your version of 1.2.2.

12 minutes ago, Spartwo said:

I'd choose keeping all my mods until they come to 1.3 over this update.

Thankfully, Squad is not forcing the update.  Play away!

Just now, klgraham1013 said:
  Hide contents

kdDqqnJ.png

Load up career and check out the first runway in your version of 1.2.2.

Thankfully, Squad is not forcing the update.  Play away!

Don't really see that but a lot of people I talk to get the spikes.

Like I said I don't science and as an extension Career.

If you're saying play away why did you draw issue with me noting on the side of my congratulations on the update that the features for English speakers weren't enough for me to update yet.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.