Kerbal Space Program update 1.3 “Away with words” is now available!

SQUAD

3 hours ago, passinglurker said:

They said in the past they had an internal roadmap and there isn't a wave of departures like after 1.2 so there really shouldn't be a reason to delay telling us what comes next assuming there is something coming next.

If what you say matches reality then there really shouldn't be a reason to delay telling us what comes next assuming there is something coming next.

Of course if nothing is said that suggests there is not something coming next except paid DLC.

6 minutes ago, John FX said:

If what you say matches reality then there really shouldn't be a reason to delay telling us what comes next assuming there is something coming next.

Of course if nothing is said that suggests there is not something coming next except paid DLC.

Ideally even if they aren't willing to say what will be in 1.4 they'll at least assure that it's coming.

I hope there isn't a 1.4. Just fix the bugs (if any) in 1.3 and move on to DLC. I'm already fairly certain this will be the case. Why would Squad work on DLCs if the base game still needs work and is going to get updated in the future? That leads to extra work, having to fix the DLCs to be compatible with any changes they make to the base game. My guess is Squad is confident that 1.3.x will be the last update to the base game, and now they can focus on DLCs. If that turns out to be the case, modders can breathe a collective sigh of relief. 

Edited by Galileo

2 minutes ago, Galileo said:

I hope there isn't a 1.4. Just fix the bugs (if any) in 1.3 and move on to DLC. I'm already fairly certain this will be the case. Why would Squad work on DLCs if the base game still needs work and is going to get updated in the future? That leads to extra work, having to fix the DLCs to be compatible with any changes they make to the base game. My guess is Squad is confident that 1.3.x will be the last update to the base game, and now they can focus on DLCs. 

I hope so too. Although I do still hope to see a stock part visual overhaul one day...

4 hours ago, *MajorTom* said:

Sorry that I'm interfering with this holiday of universal happiness and...  the universal fall of prostration in the face of a new update. С'mon... your must be kidding... again..and again... I must wait for mod update for play my old career??? AGAIN???? why???? ONLY for language pack (even for my russian) and minor bug fixing? Not for me! I come back to 1.2.2 in Steam!!!! And wait Until all mods upgrade.......so...... 1.3 is nothing for me... Excuse me for being frank - but  I write what I think ! 

ps: and again i did not find: new planets, new stock star systems, new level graphic arts, game optimization for 1000+ details in craft.... But I must be happy ...? Nope Happiness also is not found... 

pps: but now, haters can burn me...  Proc%C3%A8s-de-Galil%C3%A9e.jpg "And yet it moves!"

One of the dumbest posts I can think of of late.

You don't have to wait at all to play your old career. Just play it in whatever version it is at. Every time there is an update, mods take a while to come up to speed (I'm so sorry you're upset with the laziness of the people who provide you with free content). So any half-intelligent person that somehow cares about a career save would simply keep the old version, and only mess around with the new one until it has the required mods. It's not, um, rocket science.

Edited by tater

5 hours ago, *MajorTom* said:

ps: and again i did not find: new planets, new stock star systems, new level graphic arts, game optimization for 1000+ details in craft.... But I must be happy ...? Nope Happiness also is not found... 

None of this was ever mentioned in a single weekly update from Squad, so to expect it is ridiculous. It's even more ridiculous to complain about it. Especially when you can stay on 1.2.2. No one is forcing you to update your game. 

Squad also never mentioned @*MajorTom*s happiness as a feature, So to expect that is..... you get the point I hope

Edited by Galileo

4 hours ago, *MajorTom* said:

1.3 is nothing for me...

Stay in 1.2 then? I don't know why you bother with an update you don't care about.

I don't care about 1.3 ATM, so I haven't even unzipped the download.

Edited by Gaarst

Checked out Russian version. Not much have changed after the pre-release. Well, it's just another crappy "russian version", not the first and definitely not the last, and I still have English version, so nothing to worry about.

On ‎5‎/‎26‎/‎2017 at 6:59 PM, Gaarst said:

Stay in 1.2 then? I don't know why you bother with an update you don't care about.

I don't care about 1.3 ATM, so I haven't even unzipped the download.

Same for me, in fact I've got 8 or 10 zip files of previous updates that I never opened.  However as someone who doesn't use mods, I am a bit interested to check out the ambient light tool.

I'm still rockin' 1.2.0, and even if there were no future content added (including the announced DLC), I would be perfectly happy with what I've got.  Because like many others have stated, I've certainly got my money's worth from KSP... btw my money's worth is $18 from back in 2012, na-na na-na boo-boo stick your head in doo-doo /tosh :sticktongue:

I hope that Squad considers updating to Unity 5.6.x for KSP 1.4, I mean Unity 2017.1 would be great, but probably unrealistic considering they'd need a whole new license.

There's a lot of good stuff between 5.4 and 5.6 at least, and it would quite literally be the end of the line in terms of engine updates as that's the last of the Unity 5 lineage

The updated particle system would provide a good basis for a smoke/exhaust update on top of the performance improvement the system overhaul provides (with at least plume expansion please!)

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.