Jett Quasar's Star Wars Replicas

3 hours ago, Jett_Quasar said:

I just finished my Sith Infiltrator

I'm having trouble posting the craft file to Kerbal-X right now but I will make it available as soon as I can.

- Jett

That's brilliant! The orbital scanners as wings are genius, at first I thought you'd made an impossibly smooth stock hinge.  

22 hours ago, Jett_Quasar said:

I just finished my Sith Infiltrator

- Jett

Looks great, and not only is it functional, but it's even a real SSTO. That's hard to pull off.

Cool!

Oh My God!

This is so much awesome stuff. I can't believe I found this thread earlier.

You really prefer the areo wing parts. I am more a structural panel guy. :D 

We should collaborate on something. This is just too good. :)

Edited by Space Scumbag

10 hours ago, Space Scumbag said:

Oh My God!

This is so much awesome stuff. I can't believe I found this thread earlier.

You really prefer the areo wing parts. I am more a structural plate guy. :D 

We should collaborate on something. This is just too good. :)

I have a bunch of stuff that is almost finished - this is just the beginning.  The only problem is that I need to find the time to get it done.

10 hours ago, shdwlrd said:

I just saw this on KSP fb page. Your ships look amazing. Another thread I'll have to follow.

Facebook?  I thought that post was buried a long time ago... anyway, glad you like it.  There's lots of stuff on my YouTube channel and I have an entire hangar on Kerbal-X that is devoted to my stock Star Wars collection (links below in my signature).

- Jett

Edited by Jett_Quasar

• 4 weeks later...

Today I finished testing my Star Wars replica Sand Crawler (in V1.2.2 and V1.3) and uploaded the file to Kerbal-X

Note:  This craft is pure stock and acts as a fully functional mining rover which also includes 4 independent droids and a land speeder.

Download the craft file on Kerbal-X now!

- Jett

2 hours ago, Tex_NL said:

An X-wing and B-wing I made a long time ago in 1.0.5. The X-wing flew like a dream, the B-wing was an absolute pain.

You're X-wing actually has a lot in common with mine, and I agree that B-wings are a pain.  I got a pretty good one from Rune a while back but I haven't had time to work on it.  Right now I'm on a hovering kick.

- Jett

A little hover trick I picked up from a guy named Spacetrain1 on Kerbal-X (I had him on the list of shout-out's in a previous update).  He made a hover tank that actually hovered, so I just "borrowed" his technique.  Put it this way... the wheels are there, they are just very well hidden.  The speeder bike uses the same technique (BTW it's on Kerbal-X as well I just forgot to update this thread)

- Jett

Edited by Jett_Quasar

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Thanks Jett Quasar!

Are there any Star Wars ships that you've simply scoffed at and said to yourself "that'll never fly," and then tried to build a functional one anyway? What would you say is the hardest build you've successfully pulled off?

Asking because my recent experience re-creating the B-wing has made me reconsider some of my previous assumptions about what is and is not impossible in KSP. :cool:

Edited by SkunkTwerks
Edited for typos

For me it was the Star Destroyer.  On my first Star Wars story line video someone mad an offhand comment "I find your lack of star destroyers disturbing... and I thought it was kinda funny and true because, well, it's just impossible to do Star Destroyers any justice in the stock game, and I even mocked up the wedge shape of one but after the part count started approaching 600 and I hadn't even completed any details I dropped it as being impossible.  But the thought gnawed at the back of my brain and I kept going back to it to see if maybe... just maybe it was possible.  Well as it turns out I ended up designing an entire fleet of Star Destroyers some of which are not functional and others that will even SSTO.

No automatic alt text available.

Eventually I will be working my way up to a full fledged Imperial Star Destroyer, but I'll be releasing them as I finish the designs.

- Jett

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.