Reactivating Disabled Resources?

Morning everyone! :kiss:

Well, after repeated attempts at a rescue, I got frustrated at KSP and didn't bother with it for a few nights.  The Kerbal needing help is in a funny orbit... it's very high, "going the wrong way" (east to west), at a high angle of inclination, and passes close enough to Mun so I get an encounter when I'm in its neighbourhood and that upsets my orbit.  After more rocket launches than I've had hot dinners trying to reach that bleedin' Kerbal, I decided I'd shed enough blood sweat and tears and "walked away" (which means I got up in bad temper, cursing all Kerbalkind from the its earliest beginnings to whatever it evolves into in the far distant future).  But now I've come up with a new idea on how to reach this guy; unfortunately I'm stuck in the office and won't get a chance to try it until tonight.

But I'm way off topic here... I'm not (yet) looking for help on how to fulfil this contract and why I'm posting this is altogether much simpler.  It's to do with resources which are disabled in the right click menu.  Let's suppose you wanted to keep the 10 units of monopropellant which comes with a Mk1 Command Pod as a sort of emergency reserve and decide to disable it so it can't be used until you need it, how do you bring it back online?  I've tried this a few times with monopropellant. and electric charge, but once I disable them I can't get them to reactivate later on?  I suspect I'm missing something very simple and will feel like an idiot when I get the answer, but for now I'm stuck on this one.

Thanks everyone.

Same way you deactivated them, click the little red circle.But, you have to have control of the craft to reactivate locked resources.

Having control means a kerbal, or electricity and communications. If you don't have control, there's no unlocking locked resources, even if they would restore control.

I'll try this tonight, but I think I did have both a pilot and electric charge and still couldn't get the resources going again.  However I'm probably wrong when I say this, so will add it to the next Kemini mission - Kemini 4 - when Hayy (Command Pilot) and Jeb (Pilot) blast off to dock with a Kagena docking vehicle later this evening. :D

1 hour ago, Draalo said:

You can only enable it if you have controll. That includes enough EC to operate the probe. If you lock your batteries and the EC of the probecore went out, the vessel is dead.

When I updated to 1.2.2 from 0.25, I did that all the time because it you could re-enable without control back then!

1 hour ago, Brent Kerman said:

When I updated to 1.2.2 from 0.25, I did that all the time because it you could re-enable without control back then!

Yep, they changed that when 1.2 came out. It was seen as an exploit, so the devs changed it. After all, if the probe core doesn't have power, how can you communicate with it to tell it to turn the power on? 

The situation is slightly different if it's a manned ship. In that case, you can turn the power back on because a kerbal is there to physically flip a switch in the command pod. So a ship without power that does have a kerbal aboard can turn the power on. 

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.