[1.2.1, 1.3.1, 1.4.x, 1.5.1, 1.6.1, 1.7.x, 1.8.x, 1.9.x] Release: Munar Industries - Modular Fuel Tank Expansion Rebuilt

This is a revival of an old mod by @Munar Industries, original thread is here: http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/index.php?/topic/99029-104-munar-industries-modular-fuel-tank-expansion-beta/&page=1

The parts are beautiful, but the volumes and masses needed some work.  With the extremely capable assistance of @CarnageINC, who did an awful lot of the heavy lifting (ie:  he did most of the calculations of the volume, etc of the parts), I am happy to present you with the results of our work:

Fuel Tank Expansion Rebuilt

A collection of 52 modular parts designed to allow for greater flexibility in craft configuration.

This addon supports InterstellarFuelSwitch and it is included. I highly recommend using it, as it pretty much doubles your options.

For more info about InterstellarFuelSwitch please refer to the Interstellar Fuel Switch thread.

This mod will work with Interstellar Fuel Switch, the standard config included with IFS will work properly, so the original patch has been removed.

CrossFeedEnabler is also supported on all radial tanks.

For more information about it see the CrossFeedEnabler thread.

fdViGR3.jpg

Installation:

Extract to wherever and drop the GameData folder on top of (not into) the \Kerbal Space Program\GameData folder.

Agree to relevant overwrites. Please check your dates when overwriting. Favor the latest version whenever possible.

If upgrading from 0.90 remove the entire Kerbal Space Program\GameData\MunarIndustries directory

Then drop the GameData folder in your Kerbal Space Program folder and overwrite GameData and all subfolders and files as usual.

This is a BETA release, so it isn't yet available in CKAN.  Also, based on feedback, updates will be done to fix issues on a fairly fast turnaround

Download:https://github.com/linuxgurugamer/ModularFuelTankExpansion/releases

Source:https://github.com/linuxgurugamer/ModularFuelTankExpansion

License: Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 4.0 International License

Now available via CKAN

Changes

All volumes have been recalculated

All fuel amounts have been recalculated, and now reflect the correct amount based on the tank volume

Part masses have been recalculated.  The basic mod includes a stock-standard FuelMass:TankMass ratio of 8:1, however, there is an optional patch to change the masses of the parts to a value calculated based on the actual tank size itself.  

Still Have Questions?:

Kottabos has done a pretty decent video review of the all the parts. Check his channel out and subscribe!

Edited by linuxgurugamer

1 hour ago, linuxgurugamer said:

Changes

All volumes have been recalculated

All fuel amounts have been recalculated, and now reflect the correct amount based on the tank volume

Part masses have been recalculated.  The basic mod includes a stock-standard FuelMass:TankMass ratio of 8:1, however, there is an optional patch to change the masses of the parts to a value calculated based on the actual tank size itself.

I would just like to add for others to know that the optional patch to change the masses of the parts is based off actual tank volume, surface areas and mathematical calculations.  The 8:1 is accurate only with stock cylinder tanks, all other tanks shapes do not conform to that ratio.  Using the optional patch actually gets most of these tanks closer to a 'stockalike' mass than the ratio will.

Thank you @linuxgurugamer for letting me work on these wonderful mods with you!

Edited by CarnageINC

On 5/26/2017 at 9:04 AM, Spaceception said:

Waitwaitwaitwait, that's a legit site? No weird bugs, actual ram? Does it work offline?

No. Totally not a real thing. RAM is an actual physical object, not something that can be downloaded.

The site is kind of funny, as jokes go, but I have NO idea what happens if you actually hit "download"... and I don't want to know.

1 minute ago, Rhedd said:

No. Totally not a real thing. RAM is an actual physical object, not something that can be downloaded.

The site is kind of funny, as jokes go, but I have NO idea what happens if you actually hit "download"... and I don't want to know.

It plays a little animation on your screen, and tells you it's installed.  :wink:  (Nothing actually tries to install or anything.)

1 minute ago, DStaal said:

It plays a little animation on your screen, and tells you it's installed.  :wink:  (Nothing actually tries to install or anything.)

Good to know. ^_^

Maybe I should give this link to my Mother-in-law. She keeps agitating to buy a new computer because her Mac is getting "so slow". I've looked it over and it's perfectly fine.

Edited by Rhedd

16 minutes ago, Rhedd said:

Good to know. ^_^

Maybe I should give this link to my Mother-in-law. She keeps agitating to buy a new computer because her Mac is getting "so slow". I've looked it over and it's perfectly fine.

(Check her ISP.  She probably means she can't load web pages fast enough...)

I actually prefer the side tanks without a built-in decoupler. They're useful as Soyuz-like boosters, but they're also good as structural parts which don't get decoupled from the main tank (they're great for Proton-style designs, and probably other things) which would make a built-in decoupler inconvenient at best.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...

lol...I placed an MM error report in the wrong thread for ya. woops!!

Spoiler

[ERR 00:06:48.878] [ModuleManager] Error - more than one pass specifier on a node: MunarIndustries/MFTX_ModularFuelTanks/@PART[MI*]:FOR[MunarIndustries]:HAS[@RESOURCE[LiquidFuel],@RESOURCE[Oxidizer],!MODULE[ModuleFuelTanks]]:AFTER[ModularFuelTanks]