[1.9.x] Release: Mk2.5 Spaceplane Parts Rebuilt & Expanded

Hello everyone,

First of all, great mod, I love it :) I find it a very interesting and balanced intermediate step between Mk2 and 3

I have a minor issue with the engine plate though, as one of the attachement points is offset (the lower starboard point is off by a tiny bit, but it bugs me ^^)

I've been messing around with the Mk2.5Engineplate.cfg file, but none of the values I've changed had an impact on the position of the hardpoints.

Does someone know why the changes made in the file don't affect the part in game ? Does anyone already has a fix for this ?

Thank you !

Edit :

I found the correct file, you need to edit mk25thrustplate.cfg and modify the values to :

node_stack_bottom03 = -0.50153, 0.09443, 0.40520, 0.0, -1.0, 0.0, 0
node_stack_bottom04 = 0.50153, 0.10243, 0.40520, 0.0, -1.0, 0.0, 0

This will restore the lower starboard hardpoint in it's (I guess) intented position at the corner of the drawn triangle.

Hope this helps anyone as bugged by this as me !

Edited by Creedix

• 1 month later...

I just started using this, and I like this form factor. I did find, however, that the 1.25m node on the MK2.5 to 1.5m adapter is off center. I suppose instead of complaining I can muck about with the configs to see where it should be, but I thought I should mention it in case anyone was already dealing with misplaced nodes on these parts. :)

This is a nice little shuttle that I think I can actually control :) 

Few notes:  there are 4 part with their TechRequired line in their cfg files set to TechRequired = start.
I've edited these in github and added pull request to make it a quick change for you.

mk25tomk3.cfg
mk25thrustplate.cfg
mk25decoupler.cfg
mk25to125.cfg

Some of those four part have Issues with their description localization tags in that they have this: 'description = description = #autoLOC_500509'

Lastly the mk25decoupler also needed a manufacturer. I set it to : 'Space Tux Industries'

Apologies in advance - I'm still learning guthub and ended up having to  create 4 separate pull requests for each file edit. What I did was click the pencil in github to edit the file, makes the changes and then created the pull request from there. I'm sure there is a better way to combine multiple changes across different files.

If someone knows a quicker way that I could of combined all these into one pull request  - I'd appreciate the information. Cheers

Edited by wile1411

This mod a a lot more parts than I first thought! :o Screenshot below of everything in this mod including the MM scale changed landing gear, wing, tail & ailerons that LGG added (shown in the parts list on top left)

Because there are parts spread out across various categories, I was never able to take in what this mod brings to the table.

As a bit of community service and to practice both github 'pull requests' as well as MM script generation, I created a Community Category Kit category and some icons for the Mk2.5 Spaceplanes parts so its easier to see these parts. You can see the icon is the last one in the left category list.

I kept losing these parts among all the other modded bits and pieces I've got under the 'Fuel Tanks'/ 'Structural' / 'Utility' / 'Aerodynamics' stock categories. I've generate a pull request here for this in case @linuxgurugamer wants to make use of it.

lRJUh55h.png

Nice,  looks nice.

can you explain in more detail about the custom category, please?  There was already a special icon for this in, I believe, Filter Extensions?  I'll have to check.  

To make it easier, could you please redo the PR, removing the custom category, and then do the custom category as a seperate PR?

Thanks

Sure - as soon as I work out how to separate my changes into different pull request, I'll do that. :)

Edit: OK! @linuxgurugamer - The initial minor fixes sent in new PR #8

For the CCK mod - thread link here - I'll hold off adding a PR for that until I understand what I might be doing wrong / you have a chance to review my idea / methods.

Basically CCK allows you to add custom categories via tags in the part cfg file.
If you set a parts category property to none and give a part a valid custom category tag, it'll only appear in that custom category list in the "simple mode". Roverdude uses it prolifically for his mods, namely MKS adds at least 3-4 custom categories to keep the huge amount of part in some kind of order.

The reason I created a CCK patch was because I found the CCK mod in my install (from USI among other things) and figured it was the way to go about creating subcategories that appear in the simple mode category list in KSP.  I did initially tried to create a custom category using the builtin KSP editor, but found it too clunky and laborious to individually have to go through and click about 3-4 times to add each part to one category. After about the 5th part of doing it this way, I was very over the tedium. Also, using the built in editor annoyingly still kept the parts in both the original and my newly created custom category lists, thus not at all helping with the clutter.

As I understand it, there  is the initial "simple mode" and the "advanced mode" lists (the KPBS mod adds it's custom category to the advanced mode) when you expand the category list out to show 'by manufacturer" / "by profile" / etc.. 

I figured the CCK was one way to go about adding a category to the "simple mode" unexpanded list without having to resort to painful manual custom category. 

I wanted to group the MK2.5 part into their own category list (in simple mode) and created the following MM patch and icons I put into the MK2 mod directory.
Note: there is a second (very faint) icon next to the black icon that is used when the category is selected.

@CCKExtraFilterConfig:NEEDS[CommunityCategoryKit&RaginCaucasian]
{
	Item
	{
		name = Mk2.5 Shuttle
		tag = cck-mk25shuttle
		normalIcon = RaginCaucasian/CCK_Filters/Shuttle_N
		selectedIcon = RaginCaucasian/CCK_Filters/Shuttle_S
		usedByMod = Space Tux 2.5 Spaceplane
	}
}

@PART[dockingTrunk|LDGearSmall|HDSmallGearBay]:NEEDS[CommunityCategoryKit&RaginCaucasian]
{
	@tags ^= :^: cck-mk25shuttle :
}
@PART[mk25*]:NEEDS[CommunityCategoryKit&RaginCaucasian]
{
	@tags ^= :^: cck-mk25shuttle :
}

CNUJEGi.pngaTnudDB.png

Edited by wile1411

5 hours ago, wile1411 said:

This mod a a lot more parts than I first thought! :o Screenshot below of everything in this mod including the MM scale changed landing gear, wing, tail & ailerons that LGG added (shown in the parts list on top left)

Because there are parts spread out across various categories, I was never able to take in what this mod brings to the table.

As a bit of community service and to practice both github 'pull requests' as well as MM script generation, I created a Community Category Kit category and some icons for the Mk2.5 Spaceplanes parts so its easier to see these parts. You can see the icon is the last one in the left category list.

I kept losing these parts among all the other modded bits and pieces I've got under the 'Fuel Tanks'/ 'Structural' / 'Utility' / 'Aerodynamics' stock categories. I've generate a pull request here for this in case @linuxgurugamer wants to make use of it.

lRJUh55h.png

If you still have this thing around, could you send it to me?  I'd like to do the pic in HangerExtender and be able to show all the parts without all the surrounding clutter.

Thanks

3 minutes ago, linuxgurugamer said:

Thanks, now go look at the OP again.

Please create the CCK PR.  I'm going to include it, but will be using PatchManager to control it.

will do - where did you want me to put the icons and MM file? under the patch manager folder? Or a new folder?

Edited by wile1411

Just now, wile1411 said:

will do - where did you want me to put the icons and MM file? under the patch manaher folder? Or a new folder?

No.  For now, just make a folder in the dir called PatchManager, and I'll work to get it set up.  That will make it easier for me to work with.

Thanks

3 minutes ago, linuxgurugamer said:

Ok, thanks.

Do you anticipate any other changes to the parts at this time?

No, I think I found everything that was popping up in the log file. The decoupler issue in the first PR#8 has no effect on the game as far as I know, but the error in the log file personally annoys me. :) All good and thanks for your patience with my bumbling steps through the github web interface.

Edited by wile1411

5 minutes ago, wile1411 said:

No, I think I found everything that was popping up in the log file. The decoupler issue in the first PR#8 has no effect on the game as far as I know, but the error in the log file personally annoys me. :) All good and thanks for your patience with my bumbling steps through the github web interface.

No problem.  I appreciate all you've done.  I'm not sure I can get it out today, if not then it will be out by the weekend.

Thanks

New release, 1.4.3:

Github user @wile1411 submitted patches to fix description
        and tech levels of some parts
        mk25thrustplate.cfg
        mk25to125.cfg
        mk25decoupler.cfg
        mk25tomk3.cfg
        CCK Filter addition

On 24/09/2017 at 10:58 PM, linuxgurugamer said:

new release, 1.4.3.1

• Fixed issue with installedWithMod option

Current update through CKAN seems to have an issue, won't install.  It throws an unhandled exception error.  Details below:-

See the end of this message for details on invoking
just-in-time (JIT) debugging instead of this dialog box.

************** Exception Text **************
CKAN.PathErrorKraken: c:/program files (x86)/Steam/SteamApps/common/Kerbal Space Program/GameData/RaginCaucasian is already absolute
   at CKAN.KSPPathUtils.ToAbsolute(String path, String root)
   at CKAN.ModuleInstaller.<>c__DisplayClass34_0.<AddParentDirectories>b__1(String dir)
   at System.Linq.Enumerable.<SelectManyIterator>d__16`2.MoveNext()
   at System.Linq.Enumerable.WhereEnumerableIterator`1.MoveNext()
   at System.Collections.Generic.HashSet`1.UnionWith(IEnumerable`1 other)
   at System.Collections.Generic.HashSet`1..ctor(IEnumerable`1 collection, IEqualityComparer`1 comparer)
   at CKAN.ModuleInstaller.AddParentDirectories(HashSet`1 directories)
   at CKAN.ModuleInstaller.Uninstall(String modName)
   at CKAN.ModuleInstaller.AddRemove(IEnumerable`1 add, IEnumerable`1 remove, Boolean enforceConsistency)
   at CKAN.ModuleInstaller.Upgrade(IEnumerable`1 modules, NetAsyncModulesDownloader netAsyncDownloader, Boolean enforceConsistency)
   at CKAN.Main.WasSuccessful(Action action)
   at CKAN.Main.InstallMods(Object sender, DoWorkEventArgs e)
   at System.ComponentModel.BackgroundWorker.OnDoWork(DoWorkEventArgs e)
   at System.ComponentModel.BackgroundWorker.WorkerThreadStart(Object argument)

************** Loaded Assemblies **************
mscorlib
    Assembly Version: 4.0.0.0
    Win32 Version: 4.7.2110.0 built by: NET47REL1LAST
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.NET/Framework64/v4.0.30319/mscorlib.dll
----------------------------------------
ckan
    Assembly Version: 1.22.0.0
    Win32 Version: 1.22.3
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Users/Matthew/Desktop/Games/ckan.exe
System.Core
    Win32 Version: 4.7.2102.0 built by: NET47REL1LAST
    CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Core/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Core.dll
System
    CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.dll
System.Configuration
    Win32 Version: 4.7.2046.0 built by: NET47REL1
    CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Configuration/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Configuration.dll
System.Xml
    CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Xml/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Xml.dll
System.Windows.Forms
    CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Windows.Forms/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Windows.Forms.dll
System.Drawing
    CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Drawing/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Drawing.dll
System.Transactions
    CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_64/System.Transactions/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Transactions.dll
Microsoft.GeneratedCode
    Assembly Version: 1.0.0.0
    CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Xml/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Xml.dll
System.Numerics
    CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Numerics/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Numerics.dll
System.Runtime.Serialization
    Win32 Version: 4.7.2112.0 built by: NET47REL1LAST
    CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Runtime.Serialization/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Runtime.Serialization.dll
System.Data
    CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_64/System.Data/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Data.dll
Anonymously Hosted DynamicMethods Assembly
    Assembly Version: 0.0.0.0
    CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_64/mscorlib/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/mscorlib.dll
System.EnterpriseServices
    CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_64/System.EnterpriseServices/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.EnterpriseServices.dll
Accessibility
    CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/Accessibility/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/Accessibility.dll

************** JIT Debugging **************
To enable just-in-time (JIT) debugging, the .config file for this
application or computer (machine.config) must have the
jitDebugging value set in the system.windows.forms section.
The application must also be compiled with debugging
enabled.

For example:

<configuration>
    <system.windows.forms jitDebugging="true" />
</configuration>

When JIT debugging is enabled, any unhandled exception
will be sent to the JIT debugger registered on the computer
rather than be handled by this dialog box.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi @linuxgurugamer

Found 1 more minor issue - no sure if you'd even want to fix it. When Tweakscale is installed, the mk25Fuselage0500_LF cost goes to negative at the smallest scales. This causes Tweakscale to through an error, but it doesn't affect gameplay as tweakscale/KSP handles it fine.

To remove the error the cost of the mk25Fuselage0500_LF would need to be increase to something greater or equal to 1900 (from 1176) to avoid the tweakscale error. If it helps, it would make sense seeing at the 250 size fuselage costs 900. Double cost of 900 is 1800, so it seem about right.

3 hours ago, wile1411 said:

Hi @linuxgurugamer

Found 1 more minor issue - no sure if you'd even want to fix it. When Tweakscale is installed, the mk25Fuselage0500_LF cost goes to negative at the smallest scales. This causes Tweakscale to through an error, but it doesn't affect gameplay as tweakscale/KSP handles it fine.

To remove the error the cost of the mk25Fuselage0500_LF would need to be increase to something greater or equal to 1900 (from 1176) to avoid the tweakscale error. If it helps, it would make sense seeing at the 250 size fuselage costs 900. Double cost of 900 is 1800, so it seem about right.

Define "smallest scales" please

3 hours ago, linuxgurugamer said:

Define "smallest scales" please

Specifically, the ridiculous 0.1m scale - the smallest scale available. I tried to look up how to restrict the scale to a specific minimum - but I couldn't figure that out so I ended up working out the minimum required change to the part to avoid the error. Maybe @pellinor might something to help? As mentioned, in game it just sets the cost to zero in the VAB and doesn't actually go to negative funds. I'm specifically looking at an error that appears in the log file on game load. Picture supplied below and the log file error that gets produced is under the picture.

Full disclaimer - I understand that this issue is due to another mod having a "catch all" MM patch. I've patched my game by setting to cost to 2000 to correct the issue in my game. However, I'm not sure if I'm being helpful or annoying at this point. This is just a thing to consider that would clean up a minor error when tweakscale is installed via changing the cost of this specific part, but completely understand if you'd rather not.

xToGKSHh.png

This is the TweakScale error that gets kicked on game load:

[LOG 20:10:31.834] TweakScale::PrefabDryCostWriter: Start
[ERR 20:10:31.838] TweakScale::PrefabDryCostWriter: negative dryCost: part=mk25Fuselage0500.LF, DryCost=-1.752377E-05

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.