linuxgurugamer

[1.2.*, 1.3.*, 1.4.*, 1.5.*] Release: Mk2.5 Spaceplane Parts Rebuilt & Expanded

Oh wow that was quick. I honestly didn't expect it to be changed because of licenses and such and I thought replacing IVAs would be hard. From checking the diff on github though, it seems easy (?). I hope I find time myself, maybe I could fix/add IVAs to some mods that I like but don't have one. (I would ask permission from the author first of course)

Anyway, thanks a lot @linuxgurugamer! No, really! I always see you maintain/revive a lot of mods and it really makes my game much more lively and interesting. Thank you very much!

Cheers~ 

New release, 1.4.3.8.  The Taniwha release

• Recreate the mk25Cockpit's hatch+ladder colliders.

The colliders now use capsule colliders instead of mesh colliders (much more efficient), are oriented sensibly, and pulled out such that a kerbal on a ladder does not slide (might be a smidge far out, though).

i completly love this mod. it fits exactly in this slightly future shuttle style. is it allowed to ask if raster prop will be included some day?

10 hours ago, Saberdo said:

i completly love this mod. it fits exactly in this slightly future shuttle style. is it allowed to ask if raster prop will be included some day?

You are allowed to ask.

and, the answer is, not by myself.  It would be nice if someone did and provided me with the IVA, although moving forward it should be done using MAS, the replacement for RPM

5 hours ago, linuxgurugamer said:

You are allowed to ask.

and, the answer is, not by myself.  It would be nice if someone did and provided me with the IVA, although moving forward it should be done using MAS, the replacement for RPM

Thanks for your answer. 

New release, 1.4.4

• Added 2x and 3x delta wings
  • Adjusted tech level of the engine plates

Excellent stuff! *adds to list of mods I didn't realise I wanted*

Just an FYI, the latest Chrome build (71.0.3578.98) build thought the latest Github release was malicious in some way (for some reason. No idea why, the previous release downloaded without a problem). Thanks for your continuing efforts and contributions!

Edited by ObsessedWithKSP

New release, 1.4.4.1

• Fixed lifting values for new wings
  • Fixed lifting value for original wing
  • Added two more wings, these are 2x and 3x of the stock 

Note that the original wing has lost some of it's lifting ability in this update

Hello Kerbals,

I've a small problem: When using "undo" in SPH or when colliding in flight, those space plane parts and everything attached become invisible in SPH and in flight. I'm using the current KSP version 1.6. In CKAN this mod is shown as compatible with this version but will there be an update?

Thank you very much! This mod is great!

New release, 1.4.5

• Added missing bulkheadProfiles

New release, 1.4.5.2

• Added whitelist for new ReStock mod
  • Fixed node placement in 2.5 thrust plates

News Flash:

SpaceTux Industries, in conjunction with Apoapsis Industries, is pleased to announce the expansion of the adopted Mk2.5 Spaceplane Parts with the addition of a larger cargo bay, capable of holding large cargos up to 3.75 meters in diameter, nicknamed the Beluga parts

This will enhance our offerings, providing the ability to bring large cargos to and from orbit without the need for an overlarge shuttle.  Costs can be minimized, and larger cargoes brought to orbit.

=================

New release, 1.5.1

• Converted all TGA and PNG files to DDS. Note that there are a few png
  • files which have a zero length, those are needed due to a quirk in the way
  • the texture is read
  • Added Beluga parts, thanks to @suicidalInsanity
  • Credit to @suicidalInsanity for all the following parts contributed in the past:
    • Mk2.5-mk3 adapter
    • Mk2.5-mk2 adapter
    • Tail ramp
    • Mk2.5 Engine Plate
  • Updated the Engine Mount and the Mk2.5 Engine Plate to use B9PartSwitch to switch between 1, 2, and 3 mount points for the engine.  Now requires B9PartSwitch as a dependency

Posted (edited)

Excellent addition with the Beluga parts. Large volume payloads have typically been the bane of spaceplanes.

One issue to point out: some parts have only 6 m/s impact tolerance instead of the usual 50 m/s.

• mk25tomk3
  • mk25to125
  • mk25thrustplate
  • mk25decoupler
Edited by Rocket Witch

Posted (edited)

More things.

• mk25Fuselage0500_LFO doesn't have max LF on its slider by default (it's the only one like this). It's also missing some oxidiser capacity for its tank size (has 807, should have 880).
  • mk25to125 has vertically offset attach node on 1.25m end.
  • mk25tomk3 has vertically offset attach node on Mk3 end.
  • Many parts have breakingforce and breakingtorque of 50 (same as size1 parts) and one even has 180000. This leads the Beluga parts in particular to simply drop off under their own weight when the vessel loads*. The intended value appears to be 300 (same as Mk3 parts).

* Happens with a craft on its own landing gear fully loaded with fuel on the runway. This wouldn't have been noticed if you've only stood the craft on launch clamps while laden or have KJR running.

Edited by Rocket Witch