[1.9.x] Release: Mk2.5 Spaceplane Parts Rebuilt & Expanded

Oh wow that was quick. I honestly didn't expect it to be changed because of licenses and such and I thought replacing IVAs would be hard. From checking the diff on github though, it seems easy (?). I hope I find time myself, maybe I could fix/add IVAs to some mods that I like but don't have one. (I would ask permission from the author first of course)

Anyway, thanks a lot @linuxgurugamer! No, really! I always see you maintain/revive a lot of mods and it really makes my game much more lively and interesting. Thank you very much!

Cheers~ 

• 4 weeks later...

New release, 1.4.3.8.  The Taniwha release

• Recreate the mk25Cockpit's hatch+ladder colliders.

The colliders now use capsule colliders instead of mesh colliders (much more efficient), are oriented sensibly, and pulled out such that a kerbal on a ladder does not slide (might be a smidge far out, though).

• 3 weeks later...
10 hours ago, Saberdo said:

i completly love this mod. it fits exactly in this slightly future shuttle style. is it allowed to ask if raster prop will be included some day?

You are allowed to ask.

and, the answer is, not by myself.  It would be nice if someone did and provided me with the IVA, although moving forward it should be done using MAS, the replacement for RPM

5 hours ago, linuxgurugamer said:

You are allowed to ask.

and, the answer is, not by myself.  It would be nice if someone did and provided me with the IVA, although moving forward it should be done using MAS, the replacement for RPM

Thanks for your answer. 

• 1 month later...

Excellent stuff! *adds to list of mods I didn't realise I wanted*

Just an FYI, the latest Chrome build (71.0.3578.98) build thought the latest Github release was malicious in some way (for some reason. No idea why, the previous release downloaded without a problem). Thanks for your continuing efforts and contributions!

Edited by ObsessedWithKSP

• 3 weeks later...

Hello Kerbals,

I've a small problem: When using "undo" in SPH or when colliding in flight, those space plane parts and everything attached become invisible in SPH and in flight. I'm using the current KSP version 1.6. In CKAN this mod is shown as compatible with this version but will there be an update?

Thank you very much! This mod is great!

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

News Flash:

SpaceTux Industries, in conjunction with Apoapsis Industries, is pleased to announce the expansion of the adopted Mk2.5 Spaceplane Parts with the addition of a larger cargo bay, capable of holding large cargos up to 3.75 meters in diameter, nicknamed the Beluga parts

This will enhance our offerings, providing the ability to bring large cargos to and from orbit without the need for an overlarge shuttle.  Costs can be minimized, and larger cargoes brought to orbit.

=================

New release, 1.5.1

• Converted all TGA and PNG files to DDS. Note that there are a few png
  • files which have a zero length, those are needed due to a quirk in the way
  • the texture is read
  • Added Beluga parts, thanks to @suicidalInsanity
  • Credit to @suicidalInsanity for all the following parts contributed in the past:
    • Mk2.5-mk3 adapter
    • Mk2.5-mk2 adapter
    • Tail ramp
    • Mk2.5 Engine Plate
  • Updated the Engine Mount and the Mk2.5 Engine Plate to use B9PartSwitch to switch between 1, 2, and 3 mount points for the engine.  Now requires B9PartSwitch as a dependency

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Excellent addition with the Beluga parts. Large volume payloads have typically been the bane of spaceplanes.

One issue to point out: some parts have only 6 m/s impact tolerance instead of the usual 50 m/s.

• mk25tomk3
  • mk25to125
  • mk25thrustplate
  • mk25decoupler
Edited by Guest

• 2 weeks later...

More things.

• mk25Fuselage0500_LFO doesn't have max LF on its slider by default (it's the only one like this). It's also missing some oxidiser capacity for its tank size (has 807, should have 880).
  • mk25to125 has vertically offset attach node on 1.25m end.
  • mk25tomk3 has vertically offset attach node on Mk3 end.
  • Many parts have breakingforce and breakingtorque of 50 (same as size1 parts) and one even has 180000. This leads the Beluga parts in particular to simply drop off under their own weight when the vessel loads*. The intended value appears to be 300 (same as Mk3 parts).

* Happens with a craft on its own landing gear fully loaded with fuel on the runway. This wouldn't have been noticed if you've only stood the craft on launch clamps while laden or have KJR running.

Edited by Guest

• 4 weeks later...
On 7/25/2019 at 10:49 PM, Rocket Witch said:

One issue to point out: some parts have only 6 m/s impact tolerance instead of the usual 50 m/s.

• mk25tomk3
  • mk25to125
  • mk25thrustplate
  • mk25decoupler

On 8/6/2019 at 4:02 PM, Rocket Witch said:

More things.

• mk25Fuselage0500_LFO doesn't have max LF on its slider by default (it's the only one like this). It's also missing some oxidiser capacity for its tank size (has 807, should have 880).
  • Many parts have breakingforce and breakingtorque of 50 (same as size1 parts) and one even has 180000. This leads the Beluga parts in particular to simply drop off under their own weight when the vessel loads*. The intended value appears to be 300 (same as Mk3 parts).

* Happens with a craft on its own landing gear fully loaded with fuel on the runway. This wouldn't have been noticed if you've only stood the craft on launch clamps while laden or have KJR running.

Hey,

How can we fix this?

With a MM patch or do we need to wait for a new update?

32 minutes ago, N3N said:

Hey,

How can we fix this?

I didn't have the presence of mind to ping @linuxgurugamer in my reports, so I might have delayed any patches. But given how busy he is, and since yes these changes can be made via MM, here is a thing I did for you. My patch writing ability may be a load of hot garbage; use at own risk. I also found later that the top stack node of mk25to125 is also a little off (in addition to the bottom one previously mentioned), leaving a tiny gap between parts – that is fixed here too. My node changes may not be entirely accurate as I checked them ingame rather than a model editor that can measure the appropriate offsets to like 8 decimal places.

@PART[mk25tomk3|mk25to125|mk25thrustplate|mk25decoupler|mk25Beluga*]
{
	@crashTolerance = 50
	@breakingForce = 300
	@breakingTorque = 300
}

@PART[mk25Fuselage0500_LFO]
{
	@RESOURCE[Oxidizer]
		{
		@amount = 880
		@maxAmount = 880
		}
}

@PART[mk25to125]
{
	@node_stack_top = 0.0, 0.49, 0.0, 0.0, 1.0, 0.0
	@node_stack_bottom = 0.0, -0.5, 0.125, 0.0, -1.0, 0.0
}

@PART[mk25tomk3]
{
	@node_stack_bottom = 0.0, -0.727, 0.152, 0.0, -1.0, 0.0, 3
	@node_stack_bottom2 = 0.0, -0.693, 0.152, 0.0, 1.0, 0.0, 3
	@node_stack_top = 0.0, 0.496, 0.0, 0.0, 1.0, 0.0, 2
}
Edited by Guest

6 minutes ago, Rocket Witch said:

I didn't have the presence of mind to ping @linuxgurugamer in my reports, so I might have delayed any patches. But given how busy he is, and since yes these changes can be made via MM, here is a thing I did for you. My patch writing ability may be a load of hot garbage; use at own risk. I also found later that the top stack node of mk25to125 is also a little off (in addition to the bottom one previously mentioned), leaving a tiny gap between parts – that is fixed here too. My node changes may not be entirely accurate as I checked them ingame rather than a program that can measure the appropriate offsets to like 8 decimal places.

@PART[mk25tomk3|mk25to125|mk25thrustplate|mk25decoupler]
{
	@crashTolerance = 50
	@breakingForce = 300
	@breakingTorque = 300
}

@PART[mk25Fuselage0500_LFO]
{
	@RESOURCE[Oxidizer]
		{
		@amount = 880
		@maxAmount = 880
		}
}

@PART[mk25to125]
{
	@node_stack_top = 0.0, 0.49, 0.0, 0.0, 1.0, 0.0
	@node_stack_bottom = 0.0, -0.5, 0.125, 0.0, -1.0, 0.0
}

@PART[mk25tomk3]
{
}

Hey,

Thank you! :wink:

2 minutes ago, N3N said:

Hey,

Thank you! :wink:

Sorry, copy it to your game again. I forgot to specify the Beluga parts in the breakingforce/torque part.

On 8/6/2019 at 10:02 AM, Rocket Witch said:

mk25Fuselage0500_LFO doesn't have max LF on its slider by default (it's the only one like this). It's also missing some oxidiser capacity for its tank size (has 807, should have 880)

I must have been sleeping when I did this.

Many parts have breakingforce and breakingtorque of 50 (same as size1 parts) and one even has 180000

The breaking force of 50 matches the Mk2 parts.  The Mk3 are larger.  I can see increasing it, but not to the same as the Mk3.  Probably 200 or 225 would be appropriate, although I've had shuttles on the runway, fully loaded with fuel and haven't seen anything fall off.  The180000 is just a mistake.

This i wasn't aware of, thanks.

I'll get these changes incorporated into the mod asap

8 hours ago, Rocket Witch said:

@PART[mk25tomk3] 
{ 
}

That part does not have a node_stack_bottom2, did you mean the mk25to375Interstage?

Edit:  Those values are copied from the mk25to3.75Interstage,and certainly don't belong in the mk25tomk3.  The only one (which I confirmed) which needs to be changed is the node_stack_bottom, which I 'm testing now

Edit2:  Assuming you meant the interstage, I did find that the two bottom nodes were reversed.  The fix was to reverse the node directions

Edited by linuxgurugamer

9 hours ago, N3N said:

Hey,

How can we fix this?

Than you @Rocket Witch for what you’ve done.

I’m going to release an update in a few hours with most of her changes, although the breakingforce/breakingtorque will be 200 instead of 300.  Details will. E in the changelog when I release.

New release, 1.5.1.1

• Thanks to @Rocket Witch for most of this:
    • Impact tolerance fixed on several parts
    • mk2Fuselage0500_LFO didn't have a full LF tank
    • mk25to125 had a vertically offset attachnode.
  • Based on @rocketWitch's suggestions, I've made the following:
    • breakingForce and breakingTorque set to 200 on all parts
  • Fixed as a result of looking at @Rocket Witch's patch:
    • mk25to375interstage had the bottom nodes reversed, causing a slight vertical misalignment 

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.