[1.9.x] Release: Mk2.5 Spaceplane Parts Rebuilt & Expanded

3 hours ago, linuxgurugamer said:

That part does not have a node_stack_bottom2, did you mean the mk25to375Interstage?

I did mean the mk3 one, but there might've been something about the interstage too (and turns out there was) since I kept getting them mixed up.

Here are my values on the mk3 adapter named mk25tomk3. the third number for the top node was changed from 0.0 to 0.12.

node_stack_top = 0.0, 0.5, 0.12, 0.0, 1.0, 0.0
node_stack_bottom = 0.0, -0.5, 0.0, 0.0, -1.0, 0.0

Edited by Guest

• 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
1 hour ago, Tiger1357 said:

Getting hung up at RaginCaucasian/Parts/mk25Decoupler/FuselageTextures. Any idea when there will be an update to 1.9?

29 minutes ago, Critter79606 said:

I can confirm the issue.  Removing it made the rest load w/o issue.

Got the same error:
there are a series of PNG files named "FuselageTexture.png" in various directories, someway corrupted.
Search inside the mod itself a "FuselageTexture.dds" file, copy and paste in each directory where there is the PNG variant and, obviously, delete the PNG ones.
(... it helps to turn on, in your directories, to show the extension of files, if you have trouble to localize them...)

Problem solved on my end.

Edited by Araym

6 minutes ago, Araym said:

Got the same error:
there are a series of PNG file named "FuselageTexture" in various directories, someway corrupted.
Search inside the mod itself a "FuselageTexture.dds" file, copy and paste in each directory where there is the PNG variant and, obviously, delete the PNG one.
(... it helps to turn on, in your directories, to show the extension of files, if you have trouble to localize them...)

Copying the wrong texture to somewhere else probably got rid of the error, but they are different parts, and I bet you will have other issues in game.  I can confirm though that all of the fuselagetexture.png files are 0 length. 

@linuxgurugamer I've checked an older install (1.5.1.3 for ksp 1.7.3) and it has the same 0 length files.  Wonder why KSP is barfing now on 1.9...

2 minutes ago, Critter79606 said:

Copying the wrong texture to somewhere else probably got rid of the error, but they are different parts, and I bet you will have other issues in game.  I can confirm though that all of the fuselagetexture.png files are 0 length. 

I'm just returning to KSP and, basically, starting a LOOOONG re-installing process (my last, very used, game was back in 1.3.1... I briefly started installing 1.5 but never modded it completely... I basically never touched 1.6... I the started trying to get 1.7, but personal issues left me with no time to complete my modded installation it... I never used 1.8... I'm back now at 1.9), so I'm in "find a fast solution" mode.

I did it as a quick fix, without thinkering too much about checking each .cfg part file:
- if the involved parts call for the texture from another directory, I guess that the .png was there just a placeholder, and maybe KSP 1.9 is not very happy with 0 lenght file
- if the involved parts call for the texture from inside the part directory itself, that way the part could find the texture atlas (... and by an educated guess, seeing the same file duplicated multiple times in various parts, I guessed that it is the same texture file reused multiple times ;)  )

... surely a more elegant way could have been check each involved part, check in the MODEL module inside each part .cfg file, to see where it search for texture, but, in this phase of my re-installing, a brute copy-past was enough (and brought no issue in the affected parts, I'm checking right now :P ).

ANOTHER ISSUE (for "ReSTOCK" Users ONLY): @linuxgurugamer
... the "
Mk2.5_Spaceplane_Parts.restockwhitelist" that is used to let the game load SQUAD models and textures, blacklisted by "ReSTOCK", misses to whitelisting the textures for the SSME engine (it does so only for the model .mu file)
KOdVykb.png

... the model itself is present, but lacks of textures...

Correct "Mk2.5_Spaceplane_Parts.restockwhitelist" should be:

Squad/Parts/Aero/shuttleWings/ShuttleDeltaWing.mu
Squad/Parts/Aero/shuttleWings/ShuttleElevonA.mu
Squad/Parts/Aero/shuttleWings/ShuttleElevonB.mu
Squad/Parts/Aero/shuttleWings/ShuttleRudder.mu
Squad/Parts/Aero/shuttleWings/ShuttleStrake.mu
Squad/Parts/Command/cupola/ksp_l_cupola_diff.dds
Squad/Parts/Command/cupola/ksp_l_cupola_diff.mu
Squad/Parts/Command/cupola/ksp_l_cupola_normal.dds
Squad/Parts/Command/cupola/ksp_l_cupola_normal.mu
Squad/Parts/Engine/liquidEngineSSME/SSME.mu
Squad/Parts/Engine/liquidEngineSSME/SSME.dds
Squad/Parts/Engine/liquidEngineSSME/SSME_GLOW.dds
Squad/Parts/Engine/liquidEngineSSME/SSME_NRM.dds
Squad/Parts/FuelTank/adapterTanks/Mk3Adapters.dds
Squad/Parts/FuelTank/mk2FuselageShort/mk2FuselageShort.dds
Squad/Parts/Wheel/LandingGear/GearMedium.mu
Squad/Parts/Wheel/LandingGear/GearSmall.mu

(... I added on my end the 3 lines for the "SSME.dds", "SSME_GLOW.dds" and "SSME_NRM.dds"...)

That resolved the issue for any ReSTOCK user (alike me):
xw6aMC7.png

2 hours ago, Critter79606 said:

@linuxgurugamer I've checked an older install (1.5.1.3 for ksp 1.7.3) and it has the same 0 length files.  Wonder why KSP is barfing now on 1.9...

I have absolutely no experience with creating/using textures, but I would surely hope they are all simply duplicates of the same texture if they the same name. Even if they are in different  part folders, they are parts of a whole, and that seems kinda fundamental. Even if they are different textures named the same, and that idea might cause physical pain, it would probably just make the part look really weird instead of breaking things elsewhere.

I'm also new to being back to the game, and it's 3 in the morning, so if what I just wrote is nonsense please ignore it.

8 hours ago, Araym said:

Got the same error:
there are a series of PNG files named "FuselageTexture.png" in various directories, someway corrupted.
Search inside the mod itself a "FuselageTexture.dds" file, copy and paste in each directory where there is the PNG variant and, obviously, delete the PNG ones.

The zero length files were needed on prior versions of KSP, there is a substitution being done in the config and it used to barf when the file was totally missing.

Ill get it fixed soon

8 hours ago, Critter79606 said:

Look at the config files and you will see that all the configs are referencing the same file, to save space

On 2/16/2020 at 6:51 AM, linuxgurugamer said:

The zero length files were needed on prior versions of KSP, there is a substitution being done in the config and it used to barf when the file was totally missing.

Ill get it fixed soon

Look at the config files and you will see that all the configs are referencing the same file, to save space

Not trying to push...  I was actually surprised that out of 227 mods I use, only 5 didn't work from 1.8.1 to 1.9 so I thought I've give you a heads up.

18 hours ago, linuxgurugamer said:

Which 5?

Just to clarify, only 1 of the 5 you support...

Not sure which of the following 2 (or both) aren't 1.9 compatible, but it did really freaky things graphics wise...so I removed both.

1) Astronomer's visual Pack & textures
2) Environmental visual enhancements (EVE)

3) mk2.5 spaceplane parts
4) planet wiki (original author not able to work on anymore - one more for the Great LGG to pick up?)

5) realchute (which is version bound) 

A quick scan of CKAN, and 55 of your mods are so far working fine on my system, though I've not tried every part.

I didn't realize I used so may that you support... I feel like I at least owe you dinner or something for all your hard work.

On 2/16/2020 at 12:51 AM, Araym said:

the "Mk2.5_Spaceplane_Parts.restockwhitelist" that is used to let the game load SQUAD models and textures, blacklisted by "ReSTOCK", misses to whitelisting the textures for the SSME engine (it does so only for the model .mu file)

Thank you

New release, 1.5.3.1

• Thanks to forum user @Araym:
    • Added missing textures to the restock whitelist

• 1 month later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 3 months later...

Minor issue with the restock whitelist in that you've referenced textures as models.

Squad/Parts/Command/cupola/ksp_l_cupola_diff.dds
Squad/Parts/Command/cupola/ksp_l_cupola_diff.mu       <-Not valid
Squad/Parts/Command/cupola/ksp_l_cupola_normal.dds
Squad/Parts/Command/cupola/ksp_l_cupola_normal.mu     <-Not valid

I can also confirm the RCS on the cockpit doesn't work. The model shows it has RCS ports on the texture, but the part: 'mk25Cockpit' doesn't have a ModuleRCSFX module in the cfg file.

Having said that - looking at the model via Sarbians 'debug parts', it doesn't seem to have a transform for the RCS module to be attached to.

Edited by cyberKerb

• 8 months later...
This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.