I Don't Understand My Love For This Game

NeoMorph

6 hours ago, Archgeek said:

Actually, that was @Triop, whom I merely quoted to remark on the smallness of the breadboard, before smaller breadboards (including some sans vcc and ground lines) were posted.

Physical mods...tasty.

Ooops yeah lol.... I blame being stoned on morphine as usual. This is why I am no longer a programmer/analyst. BRAIN DOES NOT WORK! heh.

On 09/06/2017 at 5:08 AM, NeoMorph said:

Archgeek posted a pic of a breadboard to say "I can do anything I want and keep changing it around whenever I want" without saying a single word.

But regarding KSP... I tend to use these little breadboards to hook small IC's into Telemachus.... letting me test physical mods before I get around to finalising designs. At one point I had 20 of these tiny breadboards (all controlling various instruments and seven segment displays). I lost all interest when Telemachus stopped updating... so never finalised them. I had various Apollo era meters from the Command module and LEM working off of arduinos and servos. Worked pretty smoothly too.

Have you checked out kspio?

I've tinkered with it myself (see link in my signature).

I'm no programmer or an electronics expert and found it reasonably easy to get working.

This game just keeps inspiring creativity. Also it highlights my poor decision making when pursuing education and career paths. 

I love this game for soo many reasons, but two of them, how much interesting things I learned in the process of evolving my game play.  Not only Kerbal teach and show us how many concepts work in practice but it also instigate us to research and learn from outside sources to play better and better. 

And also, how Kerbal will spark the interest on many young people to follow a real career in space exploration. Soo much that I believe companies involved in space exploration should finance Kerbal to avoid the pits of comercial games industry. 

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.