How do I install previous versions of KSP?

I literally cannot load 1.2.9 with all my mods, it keeps crashing sometime when I load.

I download KSP via Steam, so, how would I go about downgrading to 1.2.2?

Edited by Gargamel
Title changes

For Steam:

1. Right click on KSP on list

2. Properties

3. Betas tab

4. Select "beta" of older version

1zT5p65.png

5. Wait for download to finish

6. Local Files tab

7. Browse local files

NWjRl5A.png

8. Rename "Kerbal Space Program" to, for example, "Kerbal Space Program122"

OFZjxUm.png (1014×669)

9. Create shortcut because renamed directory is detached from Steam (no upgrades, no launcher)

rpQ2S1x.png

10. Or add to "Non steam-game" to Steam launcher

4xPNISW.png

ZSM4Fov.png

For the future, copy the ksp folder from steam, paste it somewhere (even "documents" will work) and play it from there. This inocculates your modded install from steam updates. When a new version arrives, repeat the process so you can copy over the mods to see what works, what doesn't, and make an informed decision on what version to play without losing anything.

thanks. With the 1.3 release, I'm fed up and just want back to 1.2.2 as well. This helps a lot!

I have literally given up on Kerbal because updates keep breaking my progress, I always come back because the mods make it so fun, and just before I leave Kerbal's influence, update drops and I must start over. (I'm not one to cheat and mod my game files to jump ahead. I like to follow the contracts and earn the science)

My game got stuck on launch at the very start, with the message Loading Asset Bundle Definitions, and also when I try to access GameData/Squad/Controls it says access denied.

Edit: It's fine now, I think

Edited by Skylon

On 5/27/2017 at 2:10 PM, PT said:

For Steam:

1. Right click on KSP on list

2. Properties

3. Betas tab

4. Select "beta" of older version

1zT5p65.png

5. Wait for download to finish

6. Local Files tab

7. Browse local files

NWjRl5A.png

8. Rename "Kerbal Space Program" to, for example, "Kerbal Space Program122"

OFZjxUm.png (1014×669)

9. Create shortcut because renamed directory is detached from Steam (no upgrades, no launcher)

rpQ2S1x.png

10. Or add to "Non steam-game" to Steam launcher

4xPNISW.png

ZSM4Fov.png

many thanks for this I too have had enough of KSP not working especially my Docking camera since  last weeks up grade. thank again  life saver..lol

• 5 months later...

So, what can one do if they didn't acquire KSP through steam? I bought mine through the gog.com site via the main kerbal webpage, but all I can download is 1.3.1. Is 1.2.2 only available through Steam and nowhere else? My 1.3.1 install seems stable with just the handful of basic mods I've added in, but I'm looking to have a mod install specific to Realism Overhaul. Am I now SOL for not wanting to use Steam? Unfortunately, adding my non-Steam-downloaded KSP as a non-Steam game doesn't bring up any version info (not surprisingly, I know).

Sorry to have bumped an old thread, but I figure it was pinned and I can't possibly be the ONLY person wanting an older version of KSP who didn't buy it through Steam.

Thanks

28 minutes ago, cymrych79 said:

So, what can one do if they didn't acquire KSP through steam? I bought mine through the gog.com site via the main kerbal webpage, but all I can download is 1.3.1. Is 1.2.2 only available through Steam and nowhere else? My 1.3.1 install seems stable with just the handful of basic mods I've added in, but I'm looking to have a mod install specific to Realism Overhaul. Am I now SOL for not wanting to use Steam? Unfortunately, adding my non-Steam-downloaded KSP as a non-Steam game doesn't bring up any version info (not surprisingly, I know).

Sorry to have bumped an old thread, but I figure it was pinned and I can't possibly be the ONLY person wanting an older version of KSP who didn't buy it through Steam.

Thanks

If you bought it through the main KSP website, you can still access earlier versions:

• Go to the KSP website, click Store
  • My Account
  • There you should see your purchase of KSP, and you should have a "download" icon, click it
  • Select your language and OS, Get Links!
  • Download whatever version you want

2 minutes ago, Gaarst said:

If you bought it through the main KSP website, you can still access earlier versions:

• Go to the KSP website, click Store
  • My Account
  • There you should see your purchase of KSP, and you should have a "download" icon, click it
  • Select your language and OS, Get Links!
  • Download whatever version you want

Sadly, it didn't seem to let me buy it directly through the main KSP website, although I do have an account there. Hitting Paypal or the paysafecard did not transfer the actual purchase I was wanting to make, it only brought up the respective log-in pages. I don't have an account at paysafecard but I do at paypal, and logging in just took me to my account home page. It seems that the "store" is not so much their own in-house store as it is a list of vendors. So I bought the game through gog.com, and have yet to hear back from them regarding older versions.

1 hour ago, cymrych79 said:

Sadly, it didn't seem to let me buy it directly through the main KSP website, although I do have an account there. Hitting Paypal or the paysafecard did not transfer the actual purchase I was wanting to make, it only brought up the respective log-in pages. I don't have an account at paysafecard but I do at paypal, and logging in just took me to my account home page. It seems that the "store" is not so much their own in-house store as it is a list of vendors. So I bought the game through gog.com, and have yet to hear back from them regarding older versions.

For some reason I understood that you bought it through the main website, sorry. I have never used gog.com so I don't know how to help you further, good luck with your issue!

24 minutes ago, Gaarst said:

For some reason I understood that you bought it through the main website, sorry. I have never used gog.com so I don't know how to help you further, good luck with your issue!

I didn't think I had used gog before either, but I already had an account so that's why I went with it. But I definitely get the impression I *should* have been able to purchase through the main website ... after all, why have a purchase history section on the account page if there isn't a way to buy the product directly?

Fortunately, I may have found a solution. Gog apparently has their own installation launcher called galaxy. It took some fiddling, but it looks like it has a rollback feature similar to how Steam does things. I'll have to poke around a bit, make sure that I can shift files and folders from place to place, but I believe this will work.

Edited by cymrych79
New info discovered

• 2 years later...

hi guys i switched from what i did in ksp today to here as i have ubuntu and having obstacles with installing steam on as reading all the feedback afraiding it will be long process taking time but if you have any constructive feedsback please help here:

Much love:>

Keeps the things together.

It is hard to progress,time consuming, please help

Much love:>

Hi guys on thursday finally made progress in this case installing the items from the repository stram installer, dvd and other. I have some problems with connecting notebook to random wifi today at unknown reason but also download debian to the pendrive so if i may have some problems on ubuntu i can try to install it on debian. Would make good constructive progress as i play now mainly car mechanic simulator 2018 so i could play 2 games at 2 computer speeding up the development and be on the top of life fullfilling the programm for success, happiness and confidecne. 

Edited by michaelbezos1