How to install Google Earth's texture to RSS

2 hours ago, Deplaisant said:

I saw some screens of people playing RSS and they used GE's texture and i'm very interested about it ! How can I do the same ? I past just 2 hours searching a whole earth texture without results 

I have never seen that. RSS textures have been the same since forever. SSRSS is the only mod that replaces the Earth texture as far as I know. 

Maybe it's this:

Edited by Galileo

On 28/05/2017 at 4:09 AM, Galileo said:

I have never seen that. RSS textures have been the same since forever. SSRSS is the only mod that replaces the Earth texture as far as I know. 

Maybe it's this:

Check this : 

3 hours ago, Deplaisant said:

We can't do the same ?

As far as I know, there is not an easy way to export the entire map of the world from google maps legally. It's probably not a stretch to say it's impossible.

Edited by Galileo

If you read a bit of the reddit further, you can see how it's discussed that it's quitte illegal to publish something to a 3rd party right from their files (copyright) . So it's probably not going to happen, unless someone get's an official exception/contact from Google. 

However, as said before. The developer of RSS is indeed the OP of the reddit post. Connecting the strings, would mean if it's ready to use, he will publish it. For now, there's not a quick way to use GE's textures, since it's just illegal.

Edited by DrLicor

On 2017-6-4 at 10:18 PM, Galileo said:

As far as I know, there is not an easy way to export the entire map of the world from google maps legally. It's probably not a stretch to say it's impossible.

I used Ortho4XP to amp up X Plane 11's basic textures.

I have no idea whether this could work/is feasible with KSP or even if the textures etc. are compatible. I did this for the area where I live (Belgium, The Netherlands and Luxemburg, bit of France, too.) and it took almost two days (that's 48 hours or real time working by my not too shabby PC) for that relative small area of land.

http://forums.x-plane.org/index.php?/files/file/29120-ortho4xp/

Edited by kreutzkevic

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.