Jump to content

[KSP 1.3.1] Interstellar Warp Drive standalone - BETOOOO 2017-10-10


Recommended Posts

On 8/21/2017 at 8:08 AM, Micher Kerman said:

Is this compatible with interstellar?

If you love and have KSP Interstellar then this mod is redundant. Judging from the screenshot this works like KSPI warp drives but let non-users skip installing KSPI and dealing with all of its gameplay changes.

Also this mod is currently broken. No one can use it.

Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, DestinyPlayer said:

Well drat. Even on 1.2.2? That's sad.

Yeah. Seems to have been broken the entire time. Like, the dev build on @RealGecko's PC works but he forgot to publish a final little fix before release. I'd love to be able to fiddle with this for myself. I rather like USI's warp drives but I'm on the fence about their visible warp bubble.

Edited by JadeOfMaar
Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, JadeOfMaar said:

Yeah. Seems to have been broken the entire time. Like, the dev build on @RealGecko's PC works but he forgot to publish a final little fix before release. I'd love to be able to fiddle with this for myself. I rather like USI's warp drives but I'm on the fence about their visible warp bubble.

Personally, I wanted to use both of them. This Warp Drive for "To Boldly Go", USI's warp drive for whenever I need to actually roll around a system with ludicrous speed. I like RoverDude's warp drive more, but it's impossible to use if you want to go from system to system simply due to the lack of time warp.

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/30/2017 at 1:26 AM, JadeOfMaar said:

If you love and have KSP Interstellar then this mod is redundant. Judging from the screenshot this works like KSPI warp drives but let non-users skip installing KSPI and dealing with all of its gameplay changes.

Also this mod is currently broken. No one can use it.

Worse, if you install both KSPI and this mod, KSP will no longer startup

The reason is because he is using he same name for the warp drive part module.

Edited by FreeThinker
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 1 month later...
On 10/7/2017 at 5:13 PM, Kerbinidiel said:

i've downoaded this mod... but my game crush while loading...

Please read back some in this thread. This mod is currently broken.

Please @RealGecko let us know if you intend to fix this one or if you've abandoned it and if anyone is welcome to "continue" it.

Edited by JadeOfMaar
Link to post
Share on other sites

Hey, people! Missed me? :D

I bet you all tried the mod in Sandbox mode, nevertheless I personally was testing it in Career mode. NREs were caused by the fact that ResearchAndDevelopment object is not accessible in Sandbox. So, here comes an update:

  • KSP 1.3.1 compatible
  • Fix for SANDBOX game mode
Edited by RealGecko
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 1 month later...

@RealGecko

One "bug" you may want to call attention to: if your game has per-part G-force limits enabled, your ship WILL explode when warp is activated!

Also, on my install, latest KSP build, once warp is activated, the graphical effects are stuck when in ship view even when warp is deactivated, and they stay also when you go back to the Space Center! If needed I can take some screenshots.

I've got scatterer and EVE installed if that matters.

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/19/2017 at 2:14 AM, capran said:

if your game has per-part G-force limits enabled, your ship WILL explode when warp is activated!

Yep, and if you enable the option that enables G-force limit to kerbals they'll suffer too. This happens because speed changes dramatically from almost zero to speed of light and KSP thinks that acceleration was huge. I dunno if I can change something about it, so I recommend disabling all acceleration related options.

 

On 11/19/2017 at 2:14 AM, capran said:

the graphical effects are stuck when in ship view even when warp is deactivated

And that's definitely needs to be checked, graphical effects are for sure disabled if you're in map view or flight view, but I did not check IVA though.

Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, ZewelVonLelek said:

Sorry for being absolutely off-topic, but kudos (and, by the God-Emperor of Mankind, Exterminatus in His name) for tags attached to this topic. :P:D

By His glorious name! :cool:

Edited by RealGecko
Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, RealGecko said:

Try it out, many mods are "continued". And CKAN currently shows that 683 mods are compatible with KSP 1.3.1. I bet that all your mods are already compatible.

 Should I get CKAN? Does it support multiple downloads at once? I have 43 mods.

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/19/2017 at 9:35 PM, RealGecko said:

Yep, and if you enable the option that enables G-force limit to kerbals they'll suffer too. This happens because speed changes dramatically from almost zero to speed of light and KSP thinks that acceleration was huge. I dunno if I can change something about it, so I recommend disabling all acceleration related options

You totally can. I needed to for the new version of the USI Alcubierre drive. use FlightGlobals.ActiveVessel.IgnoreGForces(frames);
For the USI drive I used a 2 for the number of frames to ignore G forces and it seems to work great. Though that warpdrive runs in real-time updating each physics frame.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, CatCraftYT said:

 Should I get CKAN? Does it support multiple downloads at once? I have 43 mods.

Yep, download latest and run, UI is pretty intuitive, so you'll understand what to do.

PS: I have 190 mods :D

2 hours ago, helaeon said:

use FlightGlobals.ActiveVessel.IgnoreGForces(frames);

Will look into it.

Link to post
Share on other sites
This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...