[KSP 1.3.1] Interstellar Warp Drive standalone - BETOOOO 2017-10-10

RealGecko

13 hours ago, CatCraftYT said:

CKAN won't let me update any of my mods. 

From what I know, CKAN doesn't like doing business with manually installed mods. You'll likely have to purge your GameData folder, then reinstall as many as possible through CKAN, then manually reinstall the remainder, if any, in this order.

15 hours ago, CatCraftYT said:

in most cases deleting the dir of the mod will allow CKAN to install the mod you want

but to be safe make a copy of the KSP dir delete all non squad dir`s and then install all the mods you want that are in CKAN
the rest install manualy

Edited by danielboro

Ok, I've got everything working but my minimal required EM is something like 257847354334. Is there a thing that I missed?

EDIT: Nevermind, my mass was just really high.

Another edit: I don't think this is worthy of a new post so I'm just editing this but what does "Upgrade Status" mean in the menu?

Edited by CatCraftYT

• 3 weeks later...
On 11/28/2017 at 7:42 AM, CatCraftYT said:

copy your gamedata folder to the desktop for a backup, then in the origional delete everything bar the squad folder. and open ckan. then install all the mods you have in the copied folder. you also might want to back up your saves just in case a mod update makes old parts redundant.

I tried writing a Community Tech Tree config for this mod. I don't know what I'm really doing since I'm inexperienced with coding:

// Untested, might cause bugs. Create "Patches" folder in mod folder then add this as CommunityTechTree.cfg.
@PART[WarpDrive]:NEEDS[CommunityTechTree]
{
	@TechRequired = ultraHighEnergyPhysics
}

I'm not sure if Ultra-High Energy Physics is the place to put the Warp Drive. Any thoughts/input @RealGecko?

4 hours ago, Gatrnerd said:

I tried writing a Community Tech Tree config for this mod. I don't know what I'm really doing since I'm inexperienced with coding:

// Untested, might cause bugs. Create "Patches" folder in mod folder then add this as CommunityTechTree.cfg.
@PART[WarpDrive]:NEEDS[CommunityTechTree]
{
	@TechRequired = ultraHighEnergyPhysics
}

I'm not sure if Ultra-High Energy Physics is the place to put the Warp Drive. Any thoughts/input @RealGecko?

In KSPIE I made the Alcubiere Drive available with  the Unified Field Theory and provide upgraded version with Ultra Hig Energy Physics

The reason for this  can be explained historically, it simply was the first level 10 tech node available, but by now (after my request) there are multiple level 10 tech nodes. From a pure sci fi perspective, it makes more sense to use Unified Field Theory  as it require some deep understanding of  Quantum level combined with relativity, which is also known as Unified Field Theory

Edited by FreeThinker

On 12/23/2017 at 11:04 AM, FreeThinker said:

The reason for this  can be explained historically, it simply was the first level 10 tech node available, but by now (after my request) there are multiple level 10 tech nodes. From a pure sci fi perspective, it makes more sense to use Unified Field Theory  as it require some deep understanding of  Quantum level combined with relativity, which is also known as Unified Field Theory

Hmm. Noted. I had thought of putting it in Ultra High Energy Physics simply because it was the last node in the tree as some sort of balance, but it's really up to OP to make the call. For now, editing it should be simple.

Good afternoon!  I wanted to ask a question about this mod and its power requirements.  The OP states it would be "really hard to achieve in stock", however I think this under-sells the difficulty.  I built a trial ship in sandbox and obliterated my EC storage by simply jumping to Mun.

I haven't had a further chance to play around with this.  About how many RTGs are we talking if that would be the only power source, and what would be the simplest (least invasive memory wise) power mod to add if I should decide to go down that road?  It will be a long time before I use it, so no hurry, but I am very interested in other folk's experience with this.

Thank you immensely for creating it!

On 12/23/2017 at 8:28 AM, helaeon said:

FWIW I have the USI warp drive in Ultra High Energy Physics as well. It seems that is the place to put it.

I wanted to do it the same way it's done in KSPIE, unfortunately I had no enough time to do it. Now anyone willing to participate can do so.

• 3 weeks later...
On 18/12/2017 at 11:40 AM, Jetski said:

Got a graphics weirdness, when I get knocked out of warp by a gravity well the ship remains weird and stretched out graphically.  Running Linux, and playing with this and Galileo's Planet Pack.

Were you in map view/IVA when you dropped out of warp?

19 hours ago, RealGecko said:

Disable part and kerbals G-Force limits. There's a proposed solution for this issue. I think @FreeThinker will deal with it in no time :)

I disabled part Gs but left Kerbal Gs, it's funny to see them black out while accelerating. Not like it matters, they're flying in a straight line.

• 2 months later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 8 months later...
On 9/3/2018 at 6:51 AM, Rustyskiessam said:

will this be updated?

I still have some plans for this mod. The general idea is that this mod becomes a kind of Interstellar Warp Drive Plugin that will would independently or in conjunction with KSPIE.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.