[1.3.1][Plugin] Kronometer v1.3.1-1

Sigma88

@OhioBob @Sigma88 perhaps I had issues with it for some incompatibility - not sure which one.

And as I read this single post that someone also had issues with it on KSP 1.4.x I felt confirmed it doesn't work.

I will try again.

Edit:

@OhioBob @Sigma88 it works - somehow.

The date is not shown "Kronometerized" in KAC and TWP - dunno on which side the culprit is to blame.

Edited by Gordon Dry

1 hour ago, Gordon Dry said:

The date is not shown "Kronometerized" in KAC and TWP - dunno on which side the culprit is to blame.

I've seen several mods that are not "kronometerized".  Those mods are likely hardcoded to a 6 (or 24) hour day.  From what I've been told, there are internal variables that define the length of day and year, and unless a mod references those variables, it's not going to work correctly with Kronometer.  It's my understanding that it's the other mods that must change to make it work.  Until that happens (if it ever does), you'll just have to deal with the inconvenience.

Edited by OhioBob

14 hours ago, OhioBob said:

I've seen several mods that are not "kronometerized".  Those mods are likely hardcoded to a 6 (or 24) hour day.  From what I've been told, there are internal variables that define the length of day and year, and unless a mod references those variables, it's not going to work correctly with Kronometer.  It's my understanding that it's the other mods that must change to make it work.  Until that happens (if it ever does), you'll just have to deal with the inconvenience.

yes

stock KSP has a set of variables that define the length of a minute, hour, day, and year (in seconds)

kronometer will change those variables, so any mod that is using them will be able to adapt

mods that hardcode the values will remain hardcoded and ignore kronometer

this is an issue that should be reported to the mod devs responsible for those mods

• 2 months later...
17 minutes ago, OhioBob said:

@Tyko, the old version still works as far as I know.  I was using it in KSP 1.4.3 without any problem.  I don't recall whether or not I tested it in 1.4.5, however.

https://github.com/StollD/Kronometer/releases

Yeah, I know it's still working...I was hoping that eventually @TriggerAu would add support to KAC and TWP. I didn't want to even bother him with this though if Kronometer was falling by the wayside :)

Edited by Tyko

honestly I haven't tested this mod but I will make a new release if there are some bugs to fix

Hovever, I have (sadly) stopped using AVC because I am blocking KSP from accessing the internet which means any internet based mod doesn't work for me anymore

@Sigma88, I think Kronometer is still working fine.  Unfortunately several other mods won't work with it.  Most specifically, KAC and TWP.  Apparently the stock 6-hour day, 426-day year are hardcoded into them.  I really like what Kronometer does, but sadly I've had to quit using it because I rely too much on KAC and TWP.  It's just too difficult to schedule activities when the clocks/calendars don't match.  I'd be a very happy man if @TriggerAu would update KAC and TWP to support Kronometer.  Then I could go back to using it.  It's nice to have time-keeping based the actual day and year duration.

There is already pull requests that were not merged because date format was wrong. I managed to fix this myself by changing the Displaydata in Kronometer's settings when I was using the modified dll in my 1.3.1 install.... so I guess the fix is quite simple, its seems its just not calling the good date format ( PrintDateCompact). Unfortunately thats were my programming skills end...

https://github.com/TriggerAu/KerbalAlarmClock/pull/196

https://github.com/TriggerAu/TransferWindowPlanner/pull/51

Edited by flack

1 hour ago, flack said:

There is already pull requests that were not merged because date format was wrong. I managed to fix this myself by changing the Displaydata in Kronometer's settings when I was using the modified dll in my 1.3.1 install.... so I guess the fix is quite simple, its seems its just not calling the good date format ( PrintDateCompact). Unfortunately thats were my programming skills end...

https://github.com/TriggerAu/KerbalAlarmClock/pull/196

https://github.com/TriggerAu/TransferWindowPlanner/pull/51

Yep, @Aelfhe1m had shared some working DLLs for 1.3.1. I was using those without any noticeable issues til I migrated to 1.4.x. Those older DLLs don't work anymore.

• 1 month later...

I wonder if I could bribe @linuxgurugamer with donations to fix KAC and TWP, seeing that he has forks of these projects of his own and that some of the groundwork was already done by @Aelfhe1m. I have a vested interest in this as well, playing on modded homeworlds with non-standard rotational periods.

Modders do this for free, but it wouldn't be the first time I offered a donation to get something to the front of someone's queue.

1 hour ago, Gordon Fecyk said:

I wonder if I could bribe @linuxgurugamer with donations to fix KAC and TWP, seeing that he has forks of these projects of his own and that some of the groundwork was already done by @Aelfhe1m. I have a vested interest in this as well, playing on modded homeworlds with non-standard rotational periods.

Modders do this for free, but it wouldn't be the first time I offered a donation to get something to the front of someone's queue.

I'd back this...I'll throw in $15 US to the @linuxgurugamer cause - it's worth at least as much as MH  :)

Edited by Tyko

Sorry, bribes won't help in this case :-)

Specifically, the earlier patch  was actually looked at by @TriggerAu, and it has problems.  Also, @TriggerAu is still around, and unless he asks me, I'm not going to touch any of his mods.

Maybe @Aelfhe1m can revisit his changes and figure out the issues.  At the least, he should be able to recompile them for 1.4

• 4 months later...

I am sorry for reviving this thread, but I have a real bad issue with Kronometer.

This is the settings.cfg:

Spoiler

Kronometer
{
	useHomeDay = false
	useHomeYear = false
	useLeapYears = false
	CustomTime
	{
		Second
		{
			singular = Second
 			plural = Seconds
			symbol = s
			value = 1
		}
		Minute
		{
			singular = Minute
			plural = Minutes
			symbol = m
			value = 60
		}
		Hour
		{
			singular = Hour
			plural = Hours
			symbol = h
			value = 3600
		}
		Day
		{
			singular = Day
			plural = Days
			symbol = d
			value = 86400
		}
		Year
		{
			singular = Year
			plural = Years
			symbol = y
			value = 31536000
		}
	}
	DisplayDate
	{
		PrintDate
		{
			offsetTime = 0
			offsetDay = 1
			offsetYear = 1
			displayDate = <Y1> <Y>, <D1> <D>
			displayTime = < - <H><H0><M><M0>
			displaySeconds = , <S><S0>
		}
		PrintDateNew
		{
			offsetTime = 0
			offsetDay = 1
			offsetYear = 1
			displayDate = <Y1> <Y>, <D1> <D>
			displayTime = < - <H:D2>:<M:D2>
			displaySeconds = :<S:D2>
		}
		PrintDateCompact
		{
			offsetTime = 0
			offsetDay = 1
			offsetYear = 1
			displayDate = <Y0><Y>, <D0><D:00>
			displayTime = , <H>:<M:00>
			displaySeconds = :<S:00>
		}
	}
}

The cfg clearly states the duration of days and year in seconds, but in-game, one day is equal to 12 hours! How do I rectify it??

2 hours ago, Nivee~ said:

The cfg clearly states the duration of days and year in seconds, but in-game, one day is equal to 12 hours! How do I rectify it??

This doesn't set the length of a day for your planet, this defines what an hour is. 

You want something like daylengthmultiplier if using sigma dimensions, or however you are rescaling, but in their respective configs. That is what controls the actual physics. 

• 1 month later...
4 hours ago, Slverfox94739 said:

I'm using SSRSS and Kronometer ingame the days are set to 8 hours. Is there a way to tweak the settings in kronometer so 24 hours goes by each day?

I think the best option is to set the clock to 24 hours in the game settings, and not use Kronometer.

The main reason to use Kronometer is when the day is neither 6 nor 24 hours.  But when you want a 6- or 24-hour day, those options are available in the standard game.

Edited by OhioBob

On 3/25/2019 at 9:16 PM, Slverfox94739 said:

If I don't use Kronometer is does go to a 24 our clock. But the Sun sets and rises 3 times during that period (SSRSS has a ~8 hour day). I know it just cosmetic, But I was trying to find a way use the 24 hour colck but only have the Sun rise/set once.

Are you saying you want to the clock to show that 24 hours elapse during the 8-hour rotation period of the planet?  If so, then yes, Kronometer can do that.  You can find the Kronometer syntax on GitHub.  I think you might need to do something like this, which redefines the length of an hour to be 1200 seconds, or 20 minutes.  That way the clock will click off 24 hours in one day.

@Kronometer:AFTER[SSRSS]
{
	@CustomTime
	{
		@Hour
		{
			value = 1200
		}
	}
}

If I've misunderstood and you actually want to change the rotation period of the planet to 24 hours, then that's not a Kronometer issue.  You can't do that by writing a Kopernicus config.

Edited by OhioBob

20 hours ago, Slverfox94739 said:

Thanks OhioBob that is what I was looking for. 

Perhaps it would be even better to also redefine a minute to be 20 seconds long.  That way a day will have 24 hours and an hour will have 60 minutes.

@Kronometer:AFTER[SSRSS]
{
	@CustomTime
	{
		@Hour
		{
			value = 1200
		}
		@Minute
		{
			value = 20
		}
	}
}

• 11 months later...
  • 5 months later...
9 hours ago, Useless_useR said:

Good day. I am using a 2.5 scale system and am using this mod. Dawn starts at about 5.20am and the day changes when the sun is high. But in real life, the day changes at night. Is it possible to somehow adjust the clock so that day changes to night?

Perhaps the best way to change that is to edit the initial rotation of the planet.  Assuming you're playing stock Kerbin, give this a try...

@Kopernicus:FINAL
{
	@Body[Kerbin]
	{
		@Properties
		{
			initialRotation = 220
		}
	}
}

I haven't tested this, so I don't know if that rotation is correct.  I just estimated it assuming we have 6-hours days and we want to move sunrise from 5:20 to 1:30.  If it's not right you can tweak it.

(Kerbin's default initialRotation = 90)

Edited by OhioBob

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.