[Stock] My largest craft ever, the UKF Julius Caesar

240 parts, 1800 tons, 4 million to launch. I forgot to snap pics on the launch pad, and now I'm too poor to put another one on the pad, but I wanted to show off my largest craft ever after not playing for a long while. I did unfortunately clip parts a little bit for the aethetic bits, and I dislike that. It got to suborbital with its launch boosters, and took only a 20 second burn on the nukes to circularize.  Now  I need only to dock the Ike lander(with complement of 3 satellites for contracts), and my Duna lander. I've never had such a large launch work out so this was thrilling. Ideally I can manage to reorbit around Kerbin and refuel it after its inaugural mission.

8 minutes ago, whoshotdk said:

Don't let it near the IKF Marcus Brutus!

Psshhh, this guyyyy :D

Awesome ship! ITS  HUGE! Does the Kraken play with it or is she pretty sturdy?

38 minutes ago, Krog34 said:

Psshhh, this guyyyy :D

Awesome ship! ITS  HUGE! Does the Kraken play with it or is she pretty sturdy?

quite sturdy, once I autostrutted to grandparent or root part on most of it. Using the heaviest part autostrut is krakenbait when it has so many parts that are equally the heaviest, things tend to shake or explode. But with root/grandparent, things are golden.

9 minutes ago, whoshotdk said:

Tch I only jest! @r4pt0r please please let us see this on the launchpad. What does a 4mt cathedral filled with rocket fuel look like?

I looked up how to move .craft saves to creative, and its 8mt with the launch boosters :D here you are: 

Edited by r4pt0r

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.